: Advice on VIN check

ssmike
06-03-10, 03:20 PM
All:

Interested in getting VIN checks on about 4-5 V's before making a purchase, and don't know where to look. I know the other thread died, and my local dealer in OC is worthless. The parts dude just spent 10 minutes telling me they could not get info on cars that have not been in for service.

Any leads or insights would be appreciated. Thanks. Mike

Houdini
06-03-10, 04:30 PM
Usually a nice caddy dealership will run 1 or 2 for you but I'm not sure about 4-5. That sucks that yours is being a pain. They all have access to GM VIS so they can run any GM VIN. I've found some other forums around the net where an individual offers GMVIS reports but sometimes it is hard to get a response much like on this forum. My advice is to try another dealership and make sure you let them know you are interested in purchasing a GM vehicle. Make it apparent to them that they're doing GM a favor by helping you out with a few minutes of their time.

cvettr/cts-v
06-03-10, 07:28 PM
Also probably wouldn't hurt to commit to having your new to you vehicle serviced there for their willingness to help get said vehicle or offer to pay cash or bottle of their choice of liquor for the information. Have the conversation start as above then say I could leave you the 5 vins and go get you a bottle of???? then come back and trade the bottle for the print outs. Everyone has a button thet will get them motivated to help others it is just sometimes hard to find the right button. also note they don't have to be Cadillac dealer just a gm dealer if you have a friend of a friend they coild also help. If any of these vehicles are at a gm dealer make the print out of service history mandatory before discussing price. Get creative and you'll get the information.

0AT E03
06-04-10, 12:18 PM
If you really want the GM VIS reports PM me the VINs

They take 5 minutes to look up.

Hopefully I can PM you back (The forums archaic no PM rule for new members is upsetting).

ssmike
06-05-10, 03:59 AM
Thanks! Check Pms.

kevm14
06-05-10, 09:03 AM
Don't forget about www.compnine.com. No it won't do service history but it'll tell you all the RPO codes for the car, as well as how common they are. Click VIN Decoder in the left menu.

0AT E03
06-06-10, 01:07 PM
I'll get back to everyone in the next few hours.

I've got to fire up the work PC.

MIAdragon
06-06-10, 10:11 PM
Hey LS2 I have 2 that I really need run asap, I cant send PM's yet. If you could shoot me an email and I can reply. 2005gt at bellsouth dot net