: chrome/metal windshield wipers

Bro-Ham
06-03-10, 01:31 PM
Hi, Is it just me or is it nearly impossible to find wiper inserts rather than needing to buy the whole wiper insert with the metal web which is always black and doesn't match the silver metal wiper arms on my car. Please steer me in the right direction for either just inserts or the whole assembly with a chrome or silver instead of black. Thanks :)

outsider
06-03-10, 01:57 PM
hmm..i guess you could always paint them?

Bro-Ham
06-03-10, 02:04 PM
paint them chrome?

75sled
06-03-10, 02:16 PM
i noticed that myself. I was able to find some refills (blade only) at O'reilly's Auto Parts. If you have one check em out. Cause I hate the black ones on the old 70's Cads.

outsider
06-03-10, 02:30 PM
paint them chrome?

yeah you can paint them chrome. Depending on how long you need it to last you can do as low as spraypaint chrome or as high up as one of those multi-stage chrome sprays.

Bro-Ham
06-03-10, 04:23 PM
I found a place that sells just the inserts - finally - so I can keep my original ones. :)

The-Dullahan
06-03-10, 04:44 PM
I know there are places that sell them in colours for all the "Import Tuners" (hot-pink wipers add the horsepowers), but I do not know if you could find a nice chrome set. Personally, I have contemplated painting my wiper arms black, as they would still match my car well enough and the bladearms are always black when you get the wipers.

bicentennialcadillac
06-03-10, 04:54 PM
I've always just thrown away the black frames.

77CDV
06-04-10, 02:22 AM
The inserts alone are available, but sometimes you have to ask at the parts desk.

guyrobert
05-04-11, 09:35 PM
I found a place that sells just the inserts - finally - so I can keep my original ones. :)
Which place and did you get a part # ?
I bought a set of Trico 43-180 @ usa parts supply but they don't appear to be a proper match

pompste
05-05-11, 02:58 AM
Finding anything "chrome" these days for our classics is a bitch,since everything went to plastics many years ago.

pompste
05-05-11, 03:00 AM
yeah you can paint them chrome. Depending on how long you need it to last you can do as low as spraypaint chrome or as high up as one of those multi-stage chrome sprays.

Where do you get spraypaint chrome? I`ve got some minor abrasions on my chrome bumpers i`d like to spray chrome on.