: Rear TVs fail to show DVD playing at times

dixit
06-02-10, 07:42 PM
I keep having this random problem. Id I select a DVD to play and play it, it plays fine on the front screen (since I have the lockpick) but my kids tells me the rear screen is blank. The only way I get it working is to basically hit the AUX on the screen to where it brings up what inputs to control the rear TVs, and do nothing on this screen, and hit the DVD again. All the sudden the screens on the rear show up.

This has happened at least 50x since I got the ESV. I cant seem to figure out why sometimes this happens and other times it works just fine.

Anyone seen this? Hard to take it to the dealer since its not easily reproducable.

Dixit

lousy_investor
06-03-10, 09:58 AM
You are not alone... it happens about 10% of the time. I have no idea why either and have not been able to figure out a pattern. I just do what you do to stop my kid from complaining. :)

dixit
06-03-10, 11:38 AM
Great...... good to know Im not the only one here. It does piss me off, but like you said, I just do the Aux and flip back and Im good.

Dixit

K9Caddy
06-03-10, 01:34 PM
Same problem on my '09 since new... Annoying as all HELL!! Dealer has no idea on how to fix it, gotta love these issues with a 70k SUV. I never tried the whole flipping back and forth from AUX. I just always had to shut the DVD off and flip the rear screen back and forth, then it would eventually work.

lousy_investor
06-03-10, 01:54 PM
Another method is to push the power button in the control unit in the back... then select DVD as the input. it must be something with the source control. The remote should work also.