: Car pulls left when accelerating

LSCTS
06-02-10, 09:58 AM
car is an 04 with about 40k on it, changed uuc diff bushing, had car aligned, tire pressure is the same in all wheels.

The problem happens when I am accelerating, if I punch the car it pulls left. I can let go of the wheel if I'm driving down the hwy and it runs straight, If I hit the gas it will change lanes for me.

It was worse with orginal diff bushing(fell apart in my hands when I changed it) in it but it still does it.

Any ideas

ctsv154
06-02-10, 10:46 AM
My car has always done something similar only to the right. Steady cruise rides straight, under throttle pulls right and off the throttle just coasting down engine braking it pulls to the left. As soon as I get on the brakes the pull goes away.

I've had numerous sets of tires on the car as well as alignments and nothing has ever fixed it. I mean it's no horrible, just noticable.

CadzillaTN
06-02-10, 12:30 PM
among other things, it could be your thrust angle, which is the direction the rear wheels are pointing in relation to the center line of the car..

ive learned alot about this cars alignment capabilities in the last few months, trying different specs, both stock and aggressive, with a bit of custom tweaks here and there.

you cant beat the liftime firestone alignment. find one with a new machine and correct tools to do our adjustments. new equipment is usually only at new locations but there are alo parts discretionary to each location that alow them to get closer to perfect such as the 2 sizes of big C clamp looking things that adjust camber..

LSCTS
06-02-10, 10:16 PM
Hmm, I'll have to find one of those newer alignments. That definately sums it up that the wheels are not in line with the center of the car.

I had a long pry bar on all the rear suspension points and they all felt very similar and couldn't pinpoint a weak spot that would cause the rear to swing around under load.

Do they actually move the rear subframe around to align it or just with the wheels? I'm going to do some measuring tonight and see if the measurements are the same front to back and then diagonally on the car to see if there is anything blatantly wrong with the car.

Mystical_Ice
06-02-10, 10:32 PM
Torque steer! :d