: Quicksilver vs. Goldmist 2007 colors

racingdc9
06-02-10, 01:30 AM
I'm kinda confused on the two colors. Is quicksilver kinda like a mocha/latte non metallic color and goldmist is more metallic and gold in color?

hcvone
06-02-10, 07:29 AM
I'm kinda confused on the two colors. Is quicksilver kinda like a mocha/latte non metallic color and goldmist is more metallic and gold in color?

Both the Quicksilver and Gold Mist are metallic colors, the silver is a silverish gray IMO and the gold is a light gold color can almost look like the old metallic sand color. Many Escalade owners never wax or have their trucks waxed, this can cause paint colors to look pail and fade over time once the clear coat dulls, this will require "polishing" of the clear coat to restore the color.

TSS
06-02-10, 09:49 AM
Agree ^^^. The quicksilver is almost grey and mine was not particularly metallic, and I did wax religiously. The gold mist is more metallic I think, and I usually describe it as a bronze color.

racingdc9
06-02-10, 01:52 PM
I went to a preowned dealership today and looked at both. Man from a distance with the sunlight, they are pretty similar but up close the the silver is pretty light and the goldmist is a little darker. The goldmist is a little more metallic then the silver. I like the silver more.

vfjdesign
06-02-10, 09:42 PM
Funny a lot of "dealers" list the quicksilver as champagne..I bought my 2008 and they said it was gold, I looked into it..color code is 59u, which is quicksilver (it is definitely silver) and has black interior only (from my research). I agree in certain light it looks champagne

TSS
06-03-10, 10:14 AM
I went to a preowned dealership today and looked at both. Man from a distance with the sunlight, they are pretty similar but up close the the silver is pretty light and the goldmist is a little darker. The goldmist is a little more metallic then the silver. I like the silver more.

Ditto.

GreenLade
06-03-10, 07:05 PM
Mine is an 07 and is between the quicksilver and gold mist, supposedly the color is radiant bronze is what i was told but dont know if thats right, i dont know where to find the color code but if anyone knows where it is i'll look for it and post it here.

hcvone
06-03-10, 07:32 PM
On the door of your glove box there should be a sticker with option codes RPO codes, pretty sure radiant bronze is code 53U and touch up is WA-317N if my info is correct.

vfjdesign
06-03-10, 09:47 PM
That is where the color code is, it is on the bottom of the first row of #'s

zach2011
06-03-10, 10:33 PM
The silver looks better in my opinion. It's rarer and looks really good on a Denali or Escalade.