: Bought my 2004 a month ago, I feel so stupid for buying it.

R4a2m0o
06-01-10, 08:56 PM
I need to vent. I sold my Lexus LS430 because in my heart I wanted something that drove like a sports car. I'm crying now for getting rid of such a great car for such a piece of junk. Not only does my V not feel like a sports car, my Lexus driveline was more solid than this car. What kind of stupid engineers would outfit this car with the bushings it has? I should slap them one by one while looking them in the eye. In fact I hope some of them are on this forum so they can read about my opinion of their engineering ability.

I feel so stupid for buying an overpriced GM piece of garbage. It's just like my 4'th gen trans am which is a POS too. At least that car felt like a muscle car, the cts-v feels like a marshmallow. It's not even fast, lol 400 hp. It runs bloody mid 13's! Mid 13's!!!! And it's supposed to compete with the E39 M5? It doesn't even come close in any category except upgradability - and you know what, it really does need upgrades to be a decent car. The only reason I got the cts-v over the M5 was because I thought it would be cheaper to own and maintain but boy was I wrong. This car has expensive problems - every single bushing is crap. The rear diff is crap. The interior is crap (you gotta be joking with the buttons). All it has going for it is the engine, tranny, and chassis, everything else is pretty much garbage. To me, the car should have MSRP'd for the price of a Camaro.

I took it to the dealer to see if GM would help me out with the diff (mine whines from 35-50 mph) but they flat out said no because I'm a second owner and the previous owner didn't keep extensive maintenance records. Those GM pricks should replace every single crap diff they sold. They couldn't make a rear end that worked if somebody dropped it on their doorstep. Oh wait! Getrag dropped it on their doorstep and it is still shit! I haven't seen a single GM car that had a good rear diff, while the damn 5.0 mustang had an 8.8 Ford! GM is officially the shittiest car company ever! Worse than any other American brand. Worse than any foreign brand. All they did right was the LSx motor but I'm sorry that's just not enough. I hope the new Mustang GT destroys the Camaro into oblivion. God damn windows are too small to even go through a drive through window.

If anybody wants a 2004 that needs the usual CTS-v stuff but still drives well, give me an offer. Just put NGK IR's and MSD wires on, also put Amsoil severe gear in the diff. Plus I wired in an AUX IN 3.5mm jack as my first mod if that means anything to anybody. Give me a half decent offer and I promise you I won't say no even though I'm sure I will lose money.

I'm buying a Prius and I'm turning my DSM into a monster...

CancerJCC
06-01-10, 09:06 PM
http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q365/CancerJCC/InternetHighFive.jpg

R4a2m0o
06-01-10, 09:14 PM
http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q365/CancerJCC/InternetHighFive.jpg

Are you agreeing with me or are you just being a jerk?

nikon
06-01-10, 09:19 PM
:histeric: good luck with the prius...I will say I'm glad people like you exist, it's the reason I got a car with 6k on it for a damn good deal.

dowlatij
06-01-10, 09:19 PM
In the nicest way possible, no one gives a flying....
bye now :)

CadiBlk
06-01-10, 09:20 PM
Awesome sales pitch for your V. Good luck with the sale. :thumbsup:

TexasLonghorn
06-01-10, 09:33 PM
I need to vent. I sold my Lexus LS430... I'm crying now... whiny bitching… more whiny bitching… bla… bla… CTS-V for sale…

I'm buying a Prius and I'm turning my DSM into a monster...

Out of all the posts I have read on this forum, this has to be the lamest, pussiest thing I have seen here. Congratulations on bringing this place to a new low, and enjoy your Toyotas.

Please don’t post here again.

R4a2m0o
06-01-10, 09:40 PM
After seeing your responses it makes me want to sell it even more. Not a single person said why don't you keep and fix it. Or said I have a diff for sale. Or anything. Only useless comments.

Longhorn... a CTS-V is the poor man's daily driver sports car. Actually every American car is a poor man's something or other. The only real daily driver sports cars are German and the only real sports sedans are German. I feel sorry that you don't understand that yet, but somebody, hopefully, God willing, you will.

Also, the prius comment was sarcastic. I guess some of you morons didn't understand that. :thepan:

MIAdragon
06-01-10, 09:41 PM
Ill give you 12K.

V-Eight
06-01-10, 09:52 PM
The only real daily driver sports cars are German and the only real sports sedans are German.:

LOL, fool.

stevbo200
06-01-10, 09:58 PM
thats strange because i went from a lexus to a caddy and felt the lexus didnt compare, some people just have bad taste, good luck with your toyota and hope your gas pedal works:tsucks:

CancerJCC
06-01-10, 10:04 PM

Being a jerk.

After seeing your responses it makes me want to sell it even more. Not a single person said why don't you keep and fix it. Or said I have a diff for sale. Or anything. Only useless comments.

You didn't come in here talking about what to do to upgrade the few downfalls on this extremely affordable performance sedan. You came in here calling it a POS. THEN you are going to buy a Prius. Ya you see now why I have every right.

Go to the Prius forums and make fun of the V. Not here on the V forums. :violin:

TexasLonghorn
06-01-10, 10:08 PM

Longhorn... a CTS-V is the poor man's daily driver sports car. Actually every American car is a poor man's something or other. The only real daily driver sports cars are German and the only real sports sedans are German. I feel sorry that you don't understand that yet, but somebody, hopefully, God willing, you will.

Also, the prius comment was sarcastic. I guess some of you morons didn't understand that. :thepan:

Wow, we arrived at name calling and Euro fellating awfully early in this discussion. Hey internet smart guy, save your pity for someone else. I have driven plenty of Deutschland’s Uber Cars before, but luckily I have never known the embarrassment of driving grandma’s LS. Now, I will just let you go back to crying over an elderly person’s rebadged Toyota.

repenttokyo
06-01-10, 10:14 PM
e39 m5 is actually slower in the quarter. but i am sure that you know that. you seem to know everything else....

repenttokyo
06-01-10, 10:16 PM
:

no one wants you to fix it, because if you sell it, then we won't ever have to read your bs posts ever again.

verywhitedevil
06-01-10, 10:17 PM
I sold my E39 to get my V. guess everyone has different tastes.

embassured
06-01-10, 10:47 PM
I gotta chime in...

After 1 GS400, 1 GS430 and 2 S-Type R's - I love the CTS-V. It is the most honest interpretation of a 4 door sports car that I've owned to date. Throttle response, torque, exhaust sound, and the slight rocking of the engine at idle just puts a grin on my face. Keep in 3rd @ 55 and peg the throttle and the grin turns into a face I could have only made when losing my virginity.

Then again, my expectations we're met 100%. This is not a Lexus and doesn't pretend to be. In fact, I skipped over the V when they launched in '04 because I still loved my GS430.

The V's interior, compared to quality of materials in the STR, are poor, in my opinion. But I didn't buy it for the interior or the class it may or may not exude, I bought it because it is genuine and specific in it's purpose and is unashamed of it. Plastic dash, check. Cheap leather, check. Buttons that peel, check (press with your finger not your finger nail). A visceral and aural experience unmatched in the 4-door, used car market at this price point, check. Regarding all your "crap" comments - did you not ride in the car first and have it inspected?

Handles like a marshmallow? Compared to my GS's and STR's, the V is much more responsive. Aside from your bushings, check your shocks - I'm betting they're shot.

Regarding the dealer experience - yep, Cadillac doesn't deliver the beans (compared to Lexus) but if you expected them to, you were deluding yourself.

FWIW, I find the cost of parts to be rather refreshing compared to the STR. Try $450 bucks for a pair of rotors or $275 for a shock. Don't even ask my opinion on labor rates.

Quite frankly, it sounds like you're expectations are no where near what has been widely publicized, reviewed and even debated on this forum. Either reboot to reality or sell the car, ASAP. A loss doesn't get any better over time.

All of this said, I'm still befuddled with what you we're attempting to accomplish with your post, sir.

Good luck,
Eric

Zo6PwRd
06-01-10, 10:57 PM
I dont research cars well either before I buy cars.............newb

rand49er
06-01-10, 10:58 PM
Please hit me with a stick for chiming in, but this guy's a total dickwad.

:hitstick: Thanks. I needed that.

c4ss
06-01-10, 11:04 PM
http://www.funnyforumpics.com/forums/this-thread-sucks/1/Care-Coleman.jpg (http://www.funnyforumpics.com)

thebigjimsho
06-01-10, 11:37 PM
Nah, you're enough of a jerk to cover for everyone here...

thebigjimsho
06-01-10, 11:40 PM
I feel so stupid...
Well, that pretty much covers it. See ya, turd...

JimmyH
06-02-10, 12:17 AM
to the OP, you come here making a troll post, basically implying everyone here owns a piece of crap (whether or not that was your intention) and you are expecting love in return? come on, grow up.

as for a response to post #8, why don't you keep and fix it?

JimmyH
06-02-10, 12:50 PM
The OP pmed me, and he seems like a reasonable guy who is simply having buyers remorse. I think we have all gone through that in our lives. I told him to try again, this time explain his problems in a reasonable and mature way.

I think he made a mistake (as probably all of us here have) so let's give him another chance and try to help him out, shall we?