: Window Channel?

06-01-10, 12:50 PM
My window keeps braking off the regulator and door fills up with water. I have got to find a driver side window channel for my 78 I put in a request at Cadillac heaven. Is there anywhere to find this part?

06-01-10, 02:04 PM
check rubber the right way. they have lots of stuff. I have their caddy catalogue at home I coudl check later.

06-02-10, 12:26 PM
I'll check that out. Cadi Heaven didnt have it.

06-02-10, 12:33 PM

Looks like they may have what you need. I just glanced quick but the picture looks right.

06-03-10, 12:27 AM
They don't have a kit for my car, but I mailed them a sample today and hopefully they'll be able to make me one.

06-06-10, 10:30 AM
Steele and Rubber the right way now have the window seals for the sedans ( 4- doors ), but not for the coupes. They advertize that there may be availability in the future.

06-06-10, 05:29 PM
As a sedan owner, I appreciate that. However, given that there were many more coupes made, it is really surprising.

06-06-10, 06:29 PM
Though I've never taken the area apart, it seems that a set of window sweeps for a sedan *could* be made it fit a coupe, basically the same way people modify '90s rocker trim to fit a coupe. Does anybody know if the mounting holes are different? What you could do is put the piece for the front door in place & cut part of the rear door piece to fit the rest of the way. Of course there would be a seam (that you could cover/fill somehow) But it seems like better than nothing for people who have water pouring in their doors...

Just an idea.

BTW that Rubber the right way site is a great resource! I found tons of stuff I thought was long out of production.

06-06-10, 07:34 PM
if your door is filling up with water you really need to clean the drain holes out. every car has 2-3 rectangle slots at the bottom