: Floodlamps

SDCaddyLacky
05-31-10, 08:01 PM
I am having a hard time trying to remove the little light bulb (since it's burnt out) that goes into the door panel near the door handle to help front seat driver/passenger see the switches at night.

I tried to just simply pull the bulb out, but it didn't work. I don't want to pull any harder because I'm afraid of shattering it. Does the bulb come out by itself or as a unit? Maybe it's stuck or something, or I need a small set of pliers which I do not have.

Thanx guys

The-Dullahan
05-31-10, 11:05 PM
Not sure on that model or year and without a photo, I've no idea what type of bulb it is. Does it have a round base? If so, try pushing it inwards and twisting it.

SDCaddyLacky
06-01-10, 07:21 AM
I tried that method and it didn't work, here's a pic of what I'm talking about.

http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr323/sdlife619/DSC00358.jpg

Aron9000
06-01-10, 07:25 AM
Try removing that grey clip. I think you might have to twist it, then pull it out, like changing a headlight.

SDCaddyLacky
06-01-10, 10:57 PM
I tried that too, still nothing. I have the maintenance manual for my car, but it doesn't tell how to remove the bulb. It sucks because it seems so simple, what the heck was Cadillac thinking?

The-Dullahan
06-02-10, 12:07 AM
That grey piece pops upwards, towards the bulb. That's what it certainly looks like, anyhow.

SDCaddyLacky
06-02-10, 02:55 PM
I also attempted to do just that, and still can't get it out. I shattered the bulb while trying to remove it with some pliers. This is seriously retarded and getting on my nerves. Has anyone replaced one of these bulbs before? If so I desperately need your help!

Thank You

mjs182004
06-02-10, 03:26 PM
It looks like its bulb # 24 and theoretically it should pull right out. I had replaced a lot of those small little buggers and everyone was a pain.

thefleetwoodguy
06-02-10, 05:19 PM
pulls out
takes some force
use the needle nose pliars

The-Dullahan
06-03-10, 03:49 PM
See why I love Festoon Bulbs?

Well...actually it's just because Festoon is a cool word.

Looks like you already broke it, but I was about to suggest that since it is dead anyhow, to just tear the whole damned thing out with pliers. Since it's broken, no reason holding back now.