: front e&g grille help

godunderstand1
05-31-10, 04:38 AM
I just bought a 1985 rwd fleetwood brougham coupe that came with no grille. I bought a castle grille off craigslist but cant seem to notice any brackets, maybe they are missing. Can someone explain to me how to install this thing? Or maybe someone got a pic that shows how its supposed to connect to the header panel. Thanks in advance.

Angry Matt
05-31-10, 08:41 AM
Is it the kind with allthread in three spots welded to it or the plates on the sides with two holes in each? The latter needs brackets that look like thin angle iron if I remember. You should be able to fabricate something from l-brackets. The castle grill I currently have, has three allthread spots and when you take off the chrome around the factory grill it mounts through the holes.

godunderstand1
05-31-10, 01:26 PM
Mines has the 2 holes on each side and I have the angled brackets. I just don't know where to mount it to on my car.

Angry Matt
05-31-10, 04:12 PM
Mines has the 2 holes on each side and I have the angled brackets. I just don't know where to mount it to on my car.

You should be able to position the angle brackets in a way that they meet up to the factory holes. If you look in the header there should be two spots on each side that have the snap in metal inserts where you attach it to. They are about 2 or 3 inches in on either side. I actually went out and took a pic for you, but I screwed up my view with the "mobile cadillac skin" under the user cp and can't get it back to normal. Now I can't figure out how to do anything other than post replies. If I can figure this out I'll put a pic up of what I mean.

godunderstand1
06-01-10, 03:45 AM
Thanks. I will check it out in the morning.