: Bed Extender for EXT?

vfjdesign
05-30-10, 11:55 PM
Does anyone know of a cargo/bed extender for the 2008 EXT? I am looking for the chrome tubular type that either extends the bed or swings in for cargo management.
Thanks

Ronin
05-31-10, 12:14 PM
AMP Research Bed Extender @ Auto Accessories should fit the bill:

http://www.autoanything.com/hitch-bed-accessories/61A1744A0A0.aspx

I had the exact same one in my Avalanche...

Sorry, I just threw up in mouth a little... :vomit:

airhammer
05-31-10, 10:27 PM
Have you thought of installing a bedslide? http://www.bedslide.com/products/xl_carpeted.html It is the single best accessory I have ever installed in a vehicle. I use it all the time. Makes it so easy getting stuff in and out, especially heavy or bulky stuff. You can lock it open and drive with longer stuff hanging out the back in a pinch. It's rated for a 1000 pound load, evenly distributed.

Big Windy Ext
06-01-10, 09:20 AM
I haven't used a bed extender , but I built my own carpeted bed slide , we use the heck out of it .

drbellezzo
06-02-10, 05:00 PM
I too have a bedslide and LOVE it. I had one on my previous 05 EXT. I recently purchased an 07 and the bedslide was my first addition. It makes a simple run to costco a breeze.

Dif
06-02-10, 07:35 PM
I agree with having a Bedslide and use mine a lot.
Had it in my 04 EXT and when I traded up to an 07, swapped it over and it fit right in.
Lose about 4 inches in height in the bed when covers are on, but small price to pay for the use it gets.

icejava
06-03-10, 11:53 AM
I was thinking of getting a OEM Bed Extender. You can get them at the dealership for about $300. But this bedslide this looks interesting!? So whats the cost of it?

Dif
06-03-10, 12:52 PM
I was thinking of getting a OEM Bed Extender. You can get them at the dealership for about $300. But this bedslide this looks interesting!? So whats the cost of it?
The Bedslides run about $600.00 .. some more, some less as there are a few different models and manufacturers.
A lot depends on what someone wants and their needs, since the Bed Extender and Bedslide serve 2 different purposes.
Either way, do a Google search for either item and there are numerous links to choose and shop from.
That's how I found mine :)

vfjdesign
06-03-10, 09:56 PM
Ice Java---Do you know the OEM part # ?

WaterKing
06-04-10, 07:09 PM
I personally have a low profile Steel Slide that I would not trade for any other option on the truck including Bluetooth and retracting steps. I am average height and HATE having to jump up onto the tailgate and crawl into the truck to get something that has slid to the front. I even considered putting steps in the bumpers ala Avalanche but would still have to crawl. Even with the GM carpet lining installed it is most aggravating. Now, drop tailgate, roll slide out, put things/groceries in, throw web netting over if I want, slide it back in, close tailgate and on with business. Practically never use the back seat area for anything anymore. But if a bed extender was really needed/desired I would get the Ready Ramp which gives you a ramp and doubles as a bed extender.
See: http://www.readyramp.com/

icejava
06-07-10, 02:41 AM
Oem Bed Extender Part#12497828