: More Frustrations - Rant - Anyone feeling this?

cypher123
05-29-10, 02:33 PM
I have an 07 sts-v.
about 40k miles

i have 3 main issues with the car.

1. bluetooth is constantly making a loud buzzing noise before it connects the call.
i have a blackberry - but it doesnt matter what phone, cheap cars like honda and fords works with all phones, its BS.

2. vibrating annoying sounds coming from the plastic and windows and front and rear overhead consoles. its a louder ride than expected. I am always hearing noises or squeaks from plastic on doors or plastic in front where window meets front dash. EVERYWHERE -
- do you think dynamat (sound deadening) would help>???

3. The oem Tires - these pirellis are too loud! and its a shame they are the only run flats that fit on the car. i think i need to get rid of them and go with regular toyo tires. its too bad i like having run flats.

everytime i do an oil change the car ends up staying there for a week..

wheel bearings , new console, new window moldings, updated nav, rear shelf squeak, replaced sunroof due to squeaking, voice recognition update, shifter loose, sound coming from dash, overhead console both from and rear loose - causing sounds, rear view mirror loose, etc.. im sure we can all go on from here.

I read a lot of posts - and isnt everyone just sick of this crap>?? the gas mileage sucks, the resale sucks, once one thing is fixed 2 more things break.

any suggestions??? more things to rant about?>?

thanks

CIWS
05-29-10, 05:00 PM
Of your three main issues, I personally only experienced the frustration with the runcraps. (and the BS tire pressures Cadillac recommended for the car)

My bluetooth works without issue 98% of the time. Not really having squeaking issues. I'm an 06 at 37,500.

Have done a wheel bearing, front control arm, cooling fan, lower crankcase seal, and 5 or 6 Nav radios per warranty. My oil/filter changes are in and out in a day (actually a few hours).
The biggest issue(s) I have experienced is the dealership causing damage to the car when it is in for service, causing me to have to take it back again for them to correct or pay out of my pocket to fix or prove to them what they did. Currently I'm 30 days into them trying to replace a rear wheel (chromed) they damaged while doing the brakes. They're going to try again next week. This has totaled over 5000.00+ dollars worth of damage repair (so far) and is the #1 reason I will not be buying another Cadillac / V. I've expressed this to numerous folks at the dealership and to Cadillac customer service and quite frankly have not received the level of satisfaction from any to convince me to spend another 65-70K on one of their cars. That's too bad because I do like the V cars (have owned two). So they lose my follow on business.

fast impala
05-29-10, 05:08 PM
Just an FYI, Goodyear makes a runflat called the Excellence, in the stock tire sizes. I just put them on. Too early to know how they will wear, did a FE alignment, as well.

I like my V, but it's probably my last high-end Cadillac, it will be something else, next time. Service and quality aren't up to my standards.:ill:

Bob Glenn
05-29-10, 10:06 PM
I also had trouble with the Bluetooth, took it to the dealer and of course they blame the phone. I replaced my Blackberry (same model - Storm2), it worked for about a month... now connects and immediately hang ups. No other issues with the phone connecting to other devices. Back to the dealer on Friday.

rodehard
06-01-10, 01:06 PM
I have the same loud buzzing sound with my iphone/bluetooth connection. I took it to the dealer and they performed two updates to the nav system. I still have the same buzzing/blaring sound. I too am disappointed.

Cataract
06-01-10, 01:10 PM
I dont even bother with the bluetooth, they all suck. My 5-series' bluetooth sucked too even more than the caddy. Especially on the other end, my callers complained a few times about the clarity.

CIWS
06-01-10, 01:26 PM
For those having issues with bluetooth, which model cell phone are you using ?

I'm using a Motorola Droid and the only issue I have every once in a while is the radio doesn't mute when the call connects. But I also had that with my previous cell phone which was an LG Voyager.

johnb21
06-01-10, 10:49 PM
i have a blackberry and have the same loud buzz thing....like the other post, two patches to the software and no fix, except turn down the volume on the deck. When I turn up the volume on the highway (so I can hear), the person on the other end of the phone hears an echo.
I don't feel my V is overly load in the interior....i didn't intend to by a boring Lexus....truth is I couldn't afford one. ;)

csf
06-01-10, 11:44 PM
1) My HTC phone works perfectly - best I've had in any car.

2) My sister has a brand new Lexus - the IS250C (hardtop convertible) and the bluetooth makes every call sound like a bad echo chamber to the person on the other end - very annoying. Ironically, she works for Verizon and can't do her conference calls in the car because of the Lexus bluetooth.

ozmt
06-02-10, 12:21 AM
i too, get the loud buzz when connecting, but then it works great. My service has been less than spectacular. They're always trying to find a way to blame me for the issue.
Now I am really pissed off about the "new" 2010 nav update. My early 2009 infiniti update has more accurate data. According to Navtech, they do both cars, it's up to the car manufacturer what data they choose to use. Hard to believe that the same data is given to both companies and one absolutely sucks.
One last note about service. I took my V in for service, about 1 week in the shop, with a full tank of gas. When I picked it up, it was empty and about 400 miles more on the car. I said WTF? and was met with a blank stare. I elevated it to regional customer service. The woman called me and left a message. I called her back no less than 100 times, played the 3 minute, press 2 for this and press 5 for that to finally reach the right person.....then......"the voice mailbox of the subscriber is full, goodbye". Oh, that's not frustrating at all!!!!!!
Still unresolved to this day, 2 months later. My guess is that she probably closed it out because I never responded.
$78,000 car Cadillac and Daewoo service. Actually, Daewoo was probably better.

kehock
06-02-10, 10:28 AM
i hate to post this for fear of jinx'g myself but just to even things out a bit -- i've put approx 10k miles on an 08 (purchased it with 9k miles) and haven't experienced any of the annoying problems mentioned. the dealer put new oem tires on it and i don't yet have any complaints -- after 10k miles the tread wear looks good and i haven't detected an increase in tire noise. this car is put together well, no rattles. the only problem i've had is one of the catalytic convertors had to be replaced a few months back. the dealer took 3 days to do this repair but that was because the part took 2 days to get there. at the same visit i had one of the window washer jets replaced and it was clear that the mechanic didn't place a cover over the front fender when doing the work -- i was able to buff out the marks. next time i take the car in i'll be reminding them to be more careful. i owned an 05 cts-v prior to this sts-v and other than the tires wearing out at 10k miles that car was a also a great car.

i won't have any problem purchasing another caddy nor recommending that others do the same.

CIWS
06-02-10, 10:53 AM
1)2) My sister has a brand new Lexus - the IS250C (hardtop convertible) and the bluetooth makes every call sound like a bad echo chamber to the person on the other end - very annoying. Ironically, she works for Verizon and can't do her conference calls in the car because of the Lexus bluetooth.

If she can control the volume inside the car of the call, then the echo chamber effect can be caused by her having it up a bit too loud and creating a reverb effect through the hands free system. Connect a call with her in the car and try having her bring the volume down and see if it stops. The same thing can happen with ours (or any)

It sounds like the Blackberrys may have a specific compatibility issue with the STS's bluetooth system. Anyone have a blackberry that's working OK ? If so which model ?

torched10
06-02-10, 02:16 PM
knock on wood--but so far so good.Bought my 2008 last year--only issues were NAV had to be replced, and a more serious issue, the car would stall on right turns--weird.At first dealer says couldnt find anything, then i told them, look ive got small children in the car,and if we get in an acident by turning in front of a truck and stalling, ill be owning the dealership. Met with the Gm, they worked with cadillac engineering and solved the problem--the traction control connection and software corrected it---its a really nice car,but dont think the craftsmanship is as good as my vette or shelby.BTW, my verizon cell phone works well with the --no issues there

silverws6ta
06-02-10, 02:27 PM
It sounds like the Blackberrys may have a specific compatibility issue with the STS's bluetooth system. Anyone have a blackberry that's working OK ? If so which model ?

I've not had an issue with my previous Bold 9000's or Bold 9700 that I have currently have. I do get the 'handshake' sound occasionally, but I have mine set to 'Default' and as soon as I pull the door handle it connects with no problem -- calls come through and caller can hear me fine. My headunit has been updated to the lastest firmware.

cadillac94pimpin
06-02-10, 04:23 PM
This happens with any blue tooth device. Even head sets or a call on speaker phone. Its the mic picking up the sound from the ear piece so it makes a wierd echo sound. You just have to turn the volume down.

fast impala
06-02-10, 06:20 PM
a more serious issue, the car would stall on right turns--weird. Met with the Gm, they worked with cadillac engineering and solved the problem--the traction control connection and software corrected it

Can you give a little more detail on this? My V has done this since new, I periodically disconnect the battery, and it cures it for a while. What was involved with the fix, and can you provide info or TSB for dealer? TIA

csf
06-02-10, 07:20 PM
If she can control the volume inside the car of the call, then the echo chamber effect can be caused by her having it up a bit too loud and creating a reverb effect through the hands free system. Connect a call with her in the car and try having her bring the volume down and see if it stops. The same thing can happen with ours.

I'll tell her but I'm pretty sure shes tried it at low, medium and high volume and its all the same. Thanks.

pcar00
06-07-10, 03:11 AM
i feel some of your pains, my sts-v with only 34k usually sees the dealer once a week, which I find unacceptable for such an expensive car. plus everything has to be ordered so it takes two trip every time something breaks, 1st for diagnosis and a 2nd trip when parts arrive. in the last 4 weeks, it has seen the dealer 11 times. parts already replaced include: left headlight and module, left taillight, driver side seat back, pass side seat bottom and track, 2 diff pinion seals, pcm reprogram, pass side seat switches, starter switch, truck proximity sensor, tire pressure monitors, ashtray, both front control arms, rear diff mounting bushings, sunroof parts not sure what but it got stuck open, wheel bearings will be next as will the random stability not read warning on dash. not to mention local dealer won't work on car and i have to drive over an hr to the next dealer to even get it serviced and cadillac customer service basically to me to go stuff it!!! This is my 5th cadillac which is also my last.

bobs-sts-v
06-07-10, 03:42 PM
I've had mine the longest of anyone here (as far as I know), and have only been to the dealer a few times with specific complaints. All of those were usually addressed on a single visit. Phone, headlights, etc. have all worked fine since day one and continue to do so. So they don't get lonely, I make sure that all required maintenance is done by my dealer as well. Sorry, but I have nothing to complain about when it comes to my V - except for the lack of a higher speed limit and the elimination of the old farts who drive in the wrong lane! :banghead:

Bob

PGA2B
06-07-10, 03:44 PM
Damn, makes my issue seem petty. I am having a horrible time with the Homelink which will not program. The dealership said they have replaed the unit twice now to no avail.

coach123
06-07-10, 04:04 PM
My car has been good to me as well. Besides some of the issues that have been brought up in this forum I have had no problems at all. I think anyone who buys a V series car should take the time to read through these forums so that they can find and fix any potential problems before or as soon as they happen. Knowledge is always your friend when dealing with dealerships. I never really rag on the car either as it is not a drag car just a very fast family sedan.:quagmire::quagmire:

PGA2B
06-07-10, 04:49 PM
+1 everytime I have needed service I tell them exactally what the issue is and they have grown to trust what I say. For example I gave them the TSB for the PCM when I had hard shifts just after I got the car and most recently a right front wheel bearing failure. I have a good relationship with the dealer and service department and I feel that is very inportant in getting what is wrong fixed.

P.S. Looks like my Homelink issue is on my end as I was able to program a co-workers remote to my car with no issues. Gonna look at it again tonight. Yes, I erased all the programming when I was done......

bobs-sts-v
06-08-10, 01:17 AM
Unless of course you plan to park your V in your coworkers garage! :cookoo:

Bob