: What is my V worth (Maggie, KW coilovers, Corsa...)

acr-c
05-29-10, 01:21 PM
Hey guys,

I've had my V for around a year or more now and it may be time for a change. I'm 37 years old and have had around 75 cars so I have a tendency to get bored easily I guess. :cookoo:

Anyway, I'm wondering what you guys think my V might be worth right now, understanding that the used car market is bad, of course. :banghead:

The V is an '04 with a non-polished Maggie, KW Variant 3 coilovers and full Corsa catback exhaust system. Dyno'd at 410rwhp/420rwtq on a 95+ degree day with no headers. Silver over neutral interior. Excellent condition inside and out, couple of nicks here and there, no dings that I can think of. Interior is near mint with only the usual rubbing off of black on some of the navigation/stereo stack buttons :mad2:. 81k miles. Needs nothing. Runs unreal...:yup:

What do you guys think? I'm actually trying to decide between parting her out or selling complete and letting someone else get some of the benefit of all the money dropped into the entire package. Thanks guys!

Christian
clucia@sellarlaw.com

thebigjimsho
05-29-10, 03:02 PM
I would be willing to think it is worth more making her stock and selling the parts. Used maggies seem to sell for pretty near new and those coilovers are worth a pretty penny. I doubt you'd see much more than $20-21G as is but you would see about $16-18G stock and about another $5-6G for the maggie and coilovers. Plus whatever else you got...

My off the cuff guess...

acr-c
05-29-10, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the thoughts on it. I tend to agree. I just hate to rip the car apart when it works so beautifully as a package. It has awesome power, a suspension that can actually handle it and put it to the ground in a straight line and on an onramp corner and a killer sound (from the inside it's just a growl when you step on the gas -- from the outside, it sounds really mean).

I was thinking of maybe putting her up for $23k and then parting everything out if I couldn't get close. You are probably right though about the $5k to $6k by parting out and then $16k to $18k for the car, maybe around $17k given the 81k miles.

Anybody else have some thoughts on it before I list the V up for sale?

Thanks!
Christian

CancerJCC
05-30-10, 12:31 AM
Unfortunately you will ALWAYS get more for a stock vehicle. Part it out is the way to go. You have to figure a very small percentage of the market is the "modders" the rest wanna see it stock. And like Jim said the used maggies sell like hotcakes around here...

MIAdragon
05-30-10, 08:36 AM
Ill take the kw's.

thebigjimsho
05-30-10, 12:23 PM
And there ya go...