: TRYING to talk Husband into an Escalade

JAXX55
05-29-10, 12:40 PM
I have an 07 Tahoe... but I WANT a new Escalade... My husband keeps saying no... ugh, its super frustrating... we can afford it, he's just tight. I want to know what I can say to convince him its worth it... I tell him the resale value is better on an Escalade but he thinks the gas mileage is going to be a killer... he also thinks you have to spend $85grand to get an escalade... he won't even bother looking into it... he says im stuck with my Tahoe for ATLEAST 2 more years... UGH! He also says that I'm superficial for even wanting an escalade... "they're just overpriced pimpmobiles" HIS WORDS! lol

HELP!

Lord Cadillac
05-29-10, 01:10 PM
I may be wrong because I don't know everything (shocker) but I don't think the Escalade uses more gas than the Tahoe. If anything, it's negligible.. I could be wrong. Driving the Escalade over the Tahoe would bring you a feeling of accomplishment. Like you "made it". There's nothing wrong with that...

ESCALADE132
05-29-10, 01:22 PM
I had a 2007 Yukon Denali and just bought an Escaladde and I love it. It's just that little extra and I get better gas mileage. My Denali had a little smaller engine not much it was a 6.2 380hp and the Escalade has I think 6.2 403hp. People told me that the 22inch rims and bigger tires give it better gas mileage than my 20inch rims on my Denali, who figured? By the way you don't buy these vehicles for the gas mileage anyway! Get that Escalade you will love it, by the way my wife didn't want me getting rid of my Denali for the Escalade because of the price also so I know how you feel.

TheGooch
05-29-10, 03:25 PM
I just got rid of my 2007 Tahoe and I can say with 100% certainty that this 6.2 liter engine gets noticeably less mileage. The active fuel management on the Tahoe saves a lot of gas, unless you have a VERY heavy foot. I could still drive the Tahoe fast, just as long as I didn't accelerate hard from a stop. True enough, none of these cars get great mileage, but the Tahoe was surprisingly good, the Escalade just annoys me how much gas I waste when one simple trip to the mall and movies costs $10-15... I'm not sure about resale either. I wanted to replace my 07 Tahoe LTZ with another one, and they were priced right up there with the Escalade, which is why I chose this truck. On the upside, you get a lot of thumbs up and attention, everyone assumes you're rich, etc. So yes, i agree with the pimp mobile comment. If your husband is a low key kind of guy, he probably just does not value the attention enough to justify a transaction which will cost at least $15K+ to have a very similar vehichle. I'm probably not much help to your cause, sorry. But I miss my Tahoe.

P.S. Maybe you can sell him with the safety of AWD argument. Also, If you sell your Tahoe in the Auto Trader, take your time and get top dollar, maybe that would sway him. Then you could find a great deal on a 2008 Escalade, and spend gobs less money. Appealing to his frugality might be your Ace...

PreachRR
05-29-10, 03:33 PM
There might be an argument that the 4WD vs the AWD is the culprit with the mileage.. see if you can get him to go for a ride in an escalade and that might make him decide towards it.. Also if you have kids that might play into the safety factor for the Lade.. GL

vfjdesign
05-29-10, 11:54 PM
The Tahoe is a super nice vehicle, not a Lade, but nice:yup:
What does your husband drive... If this is just a power thing I think he is WRONG... If it is his turn for a new vehicle, then he is right.
I had an 02 that was totalled in Dec. and almost bought something else (because of price) My wife told me NO WAY you won't be happy with anything else! She was right!!! Once you own one it is almost impossible to go back.
Good luck!

07maralade
05-30-10, 01:47 AM
He's not going to listen because he just doesn't like it. An escalade is a first sight love or hate thing. Ask him if he would consider a yukon denali.

I know I wont be of any help at all, but IMO:
Buy one yourself. It's his money and hes right with its along the lines of a pimpmobile. They are pricey too. I don't think there is much to convince him. Why don't you like your tahoe?, I have an 07 escalade and honestly, there aren't too many differences.

Ronin
05-30-10, 11:02 AM
When I'm properly motivated my wife can talk me into ANYTHING! :histeric:

If you're the one driving it, (at least the majority of the time) I think it's only fair that you get to choose.

Pimpmobile? Diamond White on donky 30s, yes...Diamond White on classy 26s (like Matchn_Toyz' Dubs), then no.

Can't comment on the mileage because it's a non-issue for me, and I haven't seen a Prius yet that can tow 4 tons of trailer.

Superficial? Hmmm...gotta be careful here, that's a personality (flaw) assessment and if my first comment didn't raise the issue of marital discord (all kidding intended of course)...this one might... :hide: IF you think Cadillac is the best (plenty people do and just about as many people don't) and you're the type of person that likes having the best, well, it's really an easy decision, isn't it?!

Good luck!

owyz1
05-30-10, 11:20 AM
In marriage it is always better to ask for forgiveness than permission. :smack:

steve841
05-30-10, 07:08 PM
Or, you can do the "wife" thing and ask him right after .... would work for me. LOL

reddoor123
05-30-10, 11:28 PM
I will never buy a new vehicle again, there is some real good deals on used Escalade's. I had a new 2007 Tahoe LTZ, i now have a used 2007 Escalade Black on Black, I absoultly love the escalade, it dim's and brightns my headlights for me such a good escalade.

TSS
05-31-10, 08:30 AM
Is it just me, or does something not seem right here from the start?

JAXX55
05-31-10, 12:32 PM
WoW, so many good responses, THANKS! I especially like "Ronin's" response! lol That is SOOOO my husband... I have "ways" of convincing him too... He's actually starting to come around... I think its just that time of year where he's so busy, he doesn't want to think about it right now but he's also tired of listening to me B**** about it too! lol

The Tahoe IS nice, don't get me wrong. But its no Escalade.. I'm under no illusions about that...

Thank You again for all the help! I'll post an update as soon as I can! :)

hcvone
06-01-10, 07:50 AM
Tahoe will get a little better mileage in the city by 1-2 mpg depending on the way you drive, on the highway they are pretty close. I have had 7 Escalade's since 2003, and you can get good deals if you are in the right place at the right time, I got 14k off my 2010, I paid under 60k, so it can be done.

racingdc9
06-02-10, 02:37 PM
We are in the process of looking for a used escalade and i've tried to persuade my wife into looking at the Tahoe LTZ and the Yukon Denali but after looking at all three she wants the Escalade. It's just that different look to it, we all know all 3 trucks are the same/similar underneath but the looks of the escalade is sweet. No, i'm not an escalade hatter, I was just giving her options. hehe....

Neoex
06-02-10, 06:38 PM
my friends tahoes DESTROY my escalade in gas mileage but thats about it. I would tell him your hubby you can get a used 08 with low miles for half the price of a new one, because that is a fact. Post a pic ill buy you an escalade :)

TSS
06-03-10, 10:18 AM
Post a pic ill buy you an escalade :)

Will you extend that offer to me? What do you want me to wear?

Todd

owyz1
06-03-10, 11:55 AM
Todd....are you prepared to give him more if he likes the pic.... haha lol :)

zach2011
06-03-10, 08:48 PM
I have a 2008 Tahoe LT3 and my mom has a 2010 Escalade. It's really nice, but I don't feel enough difference over it to pay $25k more, unless it's a Platinum edition. Of course, I'm only 17 so what do I know, right? Haha. BUT, if you get one I would really have to recommend getting the power running boards! I want them on my truck!

lnstarr
06-04-10, 01:43 AM
I just got rid of my 2009 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum, and now have a 2010 Mercedes-Benz GL550.
I have to say, I did love my escalade. But, the quality of a European car is just so much better than an American one.
Real wood, comfortable massaging seats. Ahhhh.
Get a used escalade, you'll be happy.

Big Windy Ext
06-04-10, 08:08 AM
Wait till Adolf needs service , Hans and Franz will pump you up . I get massaged in the Escalade plenty, but those MB seats are nice when driving a long time by yourself . They are available on the 2010 Ford SHO , nice car, got a ride in a prototype last year .

TSS
06-04-10, 09:41 AM
Todd....are you prepared to give him more if he likes the pic....

No. :thehand:

PreachRR
06-04-10, 10:09 AM
Wait till Adolf needs service , Hans and Franz will pump you up . I get massaged in the Escalade plenty, but those MB seats are nice when driving a long time by yourself . They are available on the 2010 Ford SHO , nice car, got a ride in a prototype last year .

ROFL:rofl::rofl:

JAXX55
06-06-10, 08:11 PM
got an 09' blk on blk SUPER low miles for a good deal... im happy!

Gigantor
06-07-10, 01:03 PM
Just tell your husband the purchase of a Escalade
will make you very creative

racingdc9
06-07-10, 11:04 PM
I have a 2008 Tahoe LT3 and my mom has a 2010 Escalade. It's really nice, but I don't feel enough difference over it to pay $25k more, unless it's a Platinum edition. Of course, I'm only 17 so what do I know, right? Haha. BUT, if you get one I would really have to recommend getting the power running boards! I want them on my truck!

Ours has the power running boards, God I love them.

vfjdesign
06-08-10, 01:57 PM
JAXX55---CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! you must have done some serious negotiating :thumbsup: I hope you love it as much as I have mine.