: ECM tune and drivetrain longevity

thunderd
05-28-10, 08:58 PM
I have been paying close attention to everyones posts regarding the benefits of a proper tune, whether through wait4me or others. However, I wanted to wait until my warranty was up before taking the plunge. Now that i am close, i wanted to see what everyones long term feelings are regarding the tune and if there have been any adverse effects.

All comments are welcome. i want to explore what performacne gains are out there, but not at the expense of longevity on the drivetrain.

Psycho-albanian
05-28-10, 09:04 PM
Depends if you are going to do mods on the car,if you are just going to keep it stock don't touch the ecu.

thunderd
05-28-10, 09:40 PM
My question is regarding the mods to the ecu. I have seen v's well into the 60K range and am not concerned about stock. However, the V is my daily driver, except for snow, and I will probably keep it until at least 80K-90K(42K now). My warranty is up this summer and want to start with a few mods. Probably only cat back, Cold air and maybe the ECU. I wanted to see if there were any drivetrain concerns with the ECU. I am more than satisified with Stock power, but hearing the changes with a tune have me wanting to get it done. My question is, is there anyone who has had any problems arise that they beleive is atributable to the tune.

Psycho-albanian
05-28-10, 09:44 PM
A tune will help out alot, i picked up 30 h.p from a tune. Car is different animal with a tune.:eek:

Psycho-albanian
05-28-10, 09:48 PM
I haven't had any problems with my tune, when the dealer replaced my rear axle the guy asked me about my aftermarket tune thank god the dealers are hurting for money cause they would have voided my warranty on the spot.

LITTLEELVISDAN
05-28-10, 09:49 PM
80k and counting. about half of those miles with a tune. Can't wait until the blowers come available to get it ported and polished. I will be happy for a while ;-)

Psycho-albanian
05-28-10, 10:05 PM
i'm at 77,000