: Just another thumbs up for Creative Steel's motor mounts

WesH8398
05-28-10, 03:54 PM
Installed the grey mounts yesterday and, of course, the original ones were absolutely SHOT. The new mounts are great. All my vibrations are gone, the car shifts better(REALLY!), and everything just feels much smoother and tighter.
Thanks Max!!!

perfect
05-28-10, 04:04 PM
How much were they and did you install them yourself?

fnipunk
05-28-10, 05:26 PM
"The gray mounts are a bit softer than the black. We recommend the grays for most people that daily drive their car with mild power mods. The Blacks would be for the guy that doesn't mind feeling the vibes of the engine and wants the stiffest mount possible without going to a solid mount.
The mounts are $195 a pair, $15 for heat shields, $12 shipping
We have plenty in stock, ready to ship. 503-316-1811"

I think with the Trans mount I paid $360? I also just ordered the rear diff bushing. Call Max, the Customer service is awesome!

WesH8398
05-28-10, 09:05 PM
"The gray mounts are a bit softer than the black. We recommend the grays for most people that daily drive their car with mild power mods. The Blacks would be for the guy that doesn't mind feeling the vibes of the engine and wants the stiffest mount possible without going to a solid mount.

I think with the Trans mount I paid $360? I also just ordered the rear diff bushing. Call Max, the Customer service is awesome!

What he said.

RADARB8
05-30-10, 09:53 AM
Installed the grey mounts yesterday and, of course, the original ones were absolutely SHOT. The new mounts are great. All my vibrations are gone, the car shifts better(REALLY!), and everything just feels much smoother and tighter.
Thanks Max!!!

What is it with these mm. :bonkers: U have a 2006..mine is warrantied till july.
Wouldn't this item be covered under warranty...Hell i have heard nothing but good things about cs but like GM should recall these. I have a 600hp vette with 80,000 miles with the same stock mounts..:alchi:

WesH8398
05-30-10, 12:16 PM
I'm out of my warranty mileage, unfortunately.

ctsv154
05-30-10, 01:16 PM
Yeah but they didn't try to make the vette feel like a caddy! The mounts are about like the diff in this car, under-engineered.

silver02stang
05-31-10, 11:18 PM

I about to order a set of the black motor mounts but I'm wondering if the shields are really necessary.

CancerJCC
06-01-10, 01:17 AM
I about to order a set of the black motor mounts but I'm wondering if the shields are really necessary.

For $15 its cheap insurance...

silver02stang
06-01-10, 08:05 AM
Cheap insurance for what? I've never heard of urathane mount melting. Have people been having issues with that?

MotorMounts
06-01-10, 09:18 AM
Cheap insurance for what? I've never heard of urathane mount melting. Have people been having issues with that?

Urethane has a big problem with heat. The engine mounts are 4" from the exhaust manifolds/headers which get to 800+ degrees, this might not be a problem if the car was continually moving to get air flow through the engine compartment but not when you're in stop and go traffic. Even the factory put a heat shield (cheesie as it is) on top of the mounts to protect it from heat soak.

dmgranger
08-27-10, 09:19 AM
I just installed the black mounts myself yesterday. WOW it's like a new/different car!!! I've been having serious vibrations since about 50K miles which have been getting worse and worse to the point lots of panels etc. inside the car have been rattling and driving me nuts! Finally found others with similar issues who solved it with the Creative Steel Ultra Mounts. I went with the black since I enjoy a bit of aggressive driving. CC was very friendly and helpful. Even if my car was still under warrantee, I would not put the stock mounts back in since then would simply need to be replaced again down the road. Might as well do it right and just go with the Ultra Mounts. Could be my imagination but the extreme wheel hop I've had with only moderate throttle seems to have diminished as well. Thanks CC for putting out a great product!