: My recent deaslership experience.

Sandy
08-27-04, 11:20 PM
Our Son just returned from Summer Session at college 10 days ago. He has a 2001 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4X4
C:\My Documents\My Pictures\jeep.jpg

There were problems. The Cruise quit working, the rotors were shot & ditto the front brake pads. I took "Jeepers" into my selling dealer. They took it right in, and asked if I'd like a ride home? I told them I'd like to wait around a bit, ans see what the Tech has to say about it. They gave me a coupon for up to $10.00 for anything I want, at a very nice diner down the street about 500 feet. I went & had a great breakfast. Walked back and they confirmed the "dump plug" for the cruise to the brake was stuck closed and obviously broken, that the pads were toast and the rotors were so bad, that they could not be 'cut'. They said it was a few hours work. They drove me home (8 miles) and at 2PM they called to say that my car was all done and perfect - that they had allready sent a car to pick me up at my house. He arrived, took me back, and I got the car. It's fixed perfect! The mileage is 22,000 miles, in 3 years & 3 months.

Ralph
08-27-04, 11:31 PM
Sounds like a decent dealership experience to me Sandy. If we are talking about the Chrysler dealership, ditto, I've had good experiences at mine as well. Equally positive with the Caddy when I had to get the radio fixed last year.

Do you feel it was a good experience??

Stoneage_Caddy
08-27-04, 11:33 PM
Much beatter than my run in at chevrolet ...

Took Moms maxx in for its second oil change ever ....car left and 15 minutes it came screeching back .....Thought "NO WAY"....Poped the hood , oil was newer but discolored and a little low ...filter was new but the oil life monitor was not reset ...

28 dollars for a oil change and things werent up to my spec ..

Got the service tech and told him first and foremost accoring to my manual he should have reset the monitor for me ..he says "i did" i asked "is it normal for the oil's life ot run out in 60 feet ?" He promtly reset it for me , i then questioned about the oil , he says he "doesnt completely drain it" in other words puts the plug back in it with oil still coming out ....i asked why and he replied " well you can never get all the oil out anyway"..apprently that is his excuse and then tries to tell me even if he did that as soon as the engine is started it would turn that color ...i then had to inform him of my ase certifcations and that i had more time under the hood than hes had his drivers liscense..

Good part is mom understands why i dont trust anyone to change my oil ....Bad part is i have 2 more cars to keep tabs on (oil wise)

majax
08-28-04, 11:53 PM
Stoneage, does your mom like her new Malibu those seem kinda cool? I have 3 cars to keep track of completely, but I find it fun sometimes. Frankly last time one of our cars was in a GM dealer for somethin the service was okay as remebered nothing bad nothing special, they just did their job. Strangely enough me or my dad haven't been to a cadi dealer I think in about 5+years for work. That dont mean our cars dont brake lol.

Stoneage_Caddy
08-29-04, 01:15 AM
Yah she likes it , so do i , for a family car its hard to beat . Im sure there is beatter performers out there but where else do you get rear seats that slide and recline , seperate audio for the rear and dvd player for the rear ? Oh and whats beatter than a sunroof ? 2 OF THEM !!!

The engine leaves a little to be desired tho , by the looks of it the exaust is a big limiting factor , also wish we heald out for a 05 , the MAXX's get rear spoilers and a rear window wiper , and a few bugs less than our 04 has ....

Its also had 6 software updates , has to be the most interesting part of going there for service is watching them hook the tech2 up to it and feed it all the latest software goodies . When i first learned about On Board computers 10 years ago i never woulda thought they would get this great .... :hmm:

majax
08-29-04, 01:58 AM
Are there software updates for our cadillacs? Thats cool you like it I saw one at our GM dealer last time in there to put an offer on a '96 STS. I thought it was pretty nice.

Stoneage_Caddy
08-29-04, 11:32 AM
im sure there are updates for the late model cadillacs (prolly even back to some 96 models) ...they need the GM flashable computers in order to get updates and i think some of GM's First OBD2 computers were flashable (the high end stuff)