: 08' Escalade - Warning Lights - Stabili-trak, Traction Control, Brakes

3DRacing
05-28-10, 10:31 AM
I have an 08' Escalade with 12k miles and I am getting warning lights for 1) Service Brakes, 2) Traction Control & 3) Stabili-Trak. I took it to local dealer and they said it is a wiring issue because I installed after-market parts (amp, blue-tooth, alarm, etc). I did not believe the Dealership however I took my car back to the stero shop that installed my after-market parts & had them uninstall everything and it did not fix the problem. The Stereo Shop said there is no way the aftermarket parts could cause these warning lights & certainly not after being installed for over 6 months without any problems. I spoke to a Service Tech at a Chevrolet delership and he told me he thought the warning lights were probably just caused by a bad wheel sensor.

Any feedback, ideas, suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

PeteKT
05-28-10, 11:02 AM
U sure thats the right miles on it? for an 08 thats very low did you buy the car used?

3DRacing
05-28-10, 10:10 PM
Yes, I purchased the car brand new from a local Cadillac dealer and so I am 100% certain the mileage is correct. The dealer I purchased it from sold their Cadillac dealership to another dealer so I am now stuck trying to deal with the service department at the new dealership. I obviously didn't buy the car from them so they aren't too helpful in trying to solve my issues. Fortunately, I live in So. Cal so I have other Cadillac dealerships close by.

3DRacing
05-29-10, 04:14 PM
The "Service Brakes Soon" warning message stays on all the time. Even when the dealer resets the error messages it will come right back on. The Traction Control & StabiliTrak warning messages are not consistent. Sometimes when I start the car the Traction Control & StabiliTrak warning messages are not displayed. Sometime they come on while driving but not everytime I drive the car. The dealer reset all the warning messages multiple time but all 3 warning messages will return within a short period of time. My OnStar vehicle diagnostic report shows immediate attention is required for the Antilock Braking System & the StabiliTrak Stability Control System. Obviously there is a problem but the dealer says they will not cover it because I installed aftermarket parts on the car.

Big Windy Ext
05-30-10, 07:36 AM
Well I guess I would tell the next dealer to fix it . If you get a bill hand it over to the stereo shop . I can't see how a stereo would screw up the brakes unless the shop busted into something with a screw or wiring . But have the dealer prove it , photos or something . Good Luck and post your story , sounds like a good one .

3DRacing
05-30-10, 10:33 AM
The stereo shop I use is an extremely busy & reputable shop. They have been around a very long time & have a reputation for doing "top-notch" work. They do a tremendous amount of work on all types of cars including installing aftermarket parts for the local car dealerships including several local GM dealerships. In fact, the Cadillac dealership where I purchased my car (before they sold their Cadillac dealership) used to use this shop exclusively for aftermarket electronic installations. The shop owner told me they have worked on hundreds of Escalades, Tahoes & Yukons & have never had this type of issue before. The aftermarket equipment was installed on my car for 6 - 8 months before the 1st warning light ever appeared. The stero shop owner said he can't see how his work would have caused a warning light to appear after 6 - 8 months. He said if it was something he did the warning light would have appeared immediately after his installation. He said the Cadillac dealership is just using this as an excuse because they don't know how or don't want to fix my car. The stereo shop owner spoke to a Service Manager at another GM dealership who told him the problem has to be a faulty sensor which is the only thing he could see would cause all 3 warning lights to appear. The Cadillac dealership is trying to say that the aftermarket equipment has changed the voltage load on the wiring system which is causing the warning messages to appear. If this is true, then why did it take 6 - 8 months for the problem to appear? The stereo shop even disconnected all the aftermarket equipment and the problem still occurred. If the problem were caused by a voltage drain then disconnecting the equipment should have fix the issue. I had the stero shop reconnect everything & made sure they throughly checked every piece of wiring & connection they installed. Their lead installer then went back & double checked all the wiring & every connection to make sure it was perfect. At this point I feel the stereo shop has done everything they can to prove the aftermarket equipment is not causing the issue. Now I just need the Cadillac dealership to stop passing blame & take some responsibility. I feel they are so focused on the aftermarket equipment that they aren't even trying to look for any other possibility or solution.

Maybe if GM would have properly equiped a $70k car I wouldn't have been forced to install aftermarket equipment like BT, alarm & stereo! Don't even get me started!

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-01-10, 06:05 PM
3DRacing, I would like to direct message you about the issues you are experiencing if I may. Thank you for your time.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

paperchase4life
09-04-10, 01:42 AM
3DRacing,

Did you ever find a solution to this issue?

shane_b6
11-05-11, 08:13 PM
I have a 08 Escalade that I just purchased with 60,000 miles. My wife has been experiencing the intermittent service traction control and stabil trak issue. I was wondering if anyone has figured the issue out. ive been told that low brake fluid could cause the issue but its full and i have checked the lines going to the brakes for bad connection.

3DRacing
11-07-11, 10:54 AM
The dealer finally resolved my issue by replacing the ABS Module & related wiring harness.