: Painted Mirror Covers on back of view mirrors..how to remove them?

IgotGAME
05-27-10, 07:32 PM
Guys I am looking to purchase these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-Escalade-Chevy-Avalanche-Mirror-Covers-Trim-07-/170488902466?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27b1ee3342

One of my painted covers on the back of my passenger side mirror has a bad scratch on it and I want to go ahead and replace both of them.

Does anyone have any directions on how to remove the cover on the back of the side mirrors? The chrome part on each side is in great shape, but the white diamond part on one side looks bad.

dzar
05-28-10, 10:14 PM
Guys I am looking to purchase these:

Does anyone have any directions on how to remove the cover on the back of the side mirrors? The chrome part on each side is in great shape, but the white diamond part on one side looks bad.

So far as I know, you cannot remove them. I found adhesive covers to go over them, but I didn't want to do that. By the photos on the listing, it looks like there are clips/screws behind the mirror, itself. I have the shop manuals but didn't find this... maybe I'll look a bit later, again.

IgotGAME
05-29-10, 09:27 AM
I looked at the mirror really well today and it seems those painted back panels would come off but i just dont know how. i could tape off the chrome and top of the mirror itself and try prying it off(maybe its clipped in) but i dont want to break anything. Yea i dont want to use though stick on covers either...they look cheap.

Please let me know if u find anything. Thanks

IgotGAME
06-01-10, 06:25 PM
No luck here I guess?

LeftLane
06-01-10, 06:40 PM
if it anything like my VW you have to pop the mirror off the little motor deal.Once you get the mirror off you should be able to see how it is held together.The mirror on my VW was really pretty tough to get off and you could crack your mirror trying to get it off. Hope this helps,but you probably have to pop the mirror off first.