: 22" Center cap lock?

PeteKT
05-27-10, 03:13 PM
Where can i buy the kits to lock the center caps so they cant be stolen?

Merc
05-27-10, 06:49 PM
I don't think they make them.

PeteKT
05-28-10, 10:20 AM
I don't think they make them.

Yes they do, the dealer installs them for $180.

Merc
05-28-10, 10:53 AM
i didn't know that they made them. I know they make wheel locks. I would ask the dealer since you said they install them.

Ronin
05-31-10, 11:23 AM
I'm not so sure...If http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/ doesn't have it, and that's a pretty good sign (or bad sign) they're not out there, at least as a Cadillac/OEM accessory.

Wheel locks, however, as Merc stated are. Keeping a $5K set of wheels on the car rates the $40 expenditure. Keeping $50 (a piece, more or less, I don't have the exact price in front of me) center caps from getting lifted isn't probably something they'd bother with...

If you or your dealer can provide information otherwise, please post it...

PeteKT
05-31-10, 04:13 PM
the caps get stolen all the time around here. i found them from the dealer, found a dealer to allow me to just buy them instead of wanting to install it.

Alien
05-31-10, 08:15 PM
How much were they.... not installed?

Ronin
05-31-10, 09:58 PM
the caps get stolen all the time around here. i found them from the dealer, found a dealer to allow me to just buy them instead of wanting to install it.

I'm confused...so are these locking center caps or replacement ones, it's hard to tell...

PeteKT
06-01-10, 10:20 AM
Its a kit so you can make the OEM ones locked onto the wheels.

Ronin
06-01-10, 05:46 PM

Gotcha...like to see it. It's never happened to me, knock on wood, but I can't tell you how many times I've seen Escalades with those missing (along with the rear bumper hitch cover) and you know someone just ripped them off...karma's a b!tch though!

PeteKT
06-02-10, 10:58 AM
I have the EXT so i dont worry about the hitch cover, but I know my buddy who lives down the road from me had his center caps stolen 4 times before he got this lock kit.

CRL1
06-02-10, 12:21 PM

Did you happen to get a part number for this kit?

crzorge
06-02-10, 01:08 PM
are you talking about something like this in ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200461226659&crlp=1_263602_263622&ff4=263602_263622&viewitem=&guid=f96980171280a0e2050085f0fe509d1f&rvr_id=&ua=WXF%3F&itemid=200461226659) but it requires a hole!?

PeteKT
06-02-10, 01:58 PM
There is that one and there is onw where the bolt screws into the lug nut, not sure which one my buddy ordered me from the dealer.

q80_Escalade
06-13-10, 05:11 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs526.snc3/29906_432448620419_579470419_5985388_409574_n.jpg
I got ownd last week LoooL
And regarding the locks 1st time to hear about them !

PeteKT
06-14-10, 02:41 AM
Ill going to pick them up this week from him, Ill post the part number and pics of them.

Alien
07-26-10, 03:56 PM
Any update on these locks? part # - price?

PeteKT
07-26-10, 05:33 PM
Got the kit, its installed, i will take a pic tomo and upload it, i will have him send me the part number and who makes it.

JHC828
07-27-10, 09:11 PM
Very interested... but do I have to drill a hole in the center cap? :(

PeteKT
07-29-10, 04:35 PM
Very interested... but do I have to drill a hole in the center cap? :(

Whats better a clean hole that has a chrome screw threw it or you paying $200 when your center caps get stolen?

dfoster154
08-12-10, 12:56 AM
Any pictures or name of the kit you purchased? my Wife just had each of her caps attempted to be stolen. Loser only got 1. I need to know what works for these OEM22s. Either that or I attemp to catch them myself.:want:

PfromD
02-12-11, 06:54 PM
Any update or anyone else have any ideas? Had my Ext for a week and already had two stolen.

escalade kidd
02-12-11, 07:03 PM
I have the locks that you have to drill a hole in the cap which is an allen bolt. That has a cable attached which goes on the wheel lock lug nut. It doesnt look bad at all. Easy to install. Just put a piece of duct tape on the cap before you drill it so the chrome doesnt peel.

escalade kidd
02-13-11, 08:44 PM
Here are the locks I have... http://www.jcwhitney.com/hubcap-locking-system/p2009468.jcwx

brooklynallstar
02-15-11, 09:21 PM
If you just got your tires rotated the dealer may have put them on wrong. I was told it is pretty common. I had lost two at two different times and they were within a week after getting my tires rotated. :want:

jimmyhill
02-17-11, 02:57 PM
Can I ask a silly quesiton that I could not find the answer to in the owners manual? How do I get the centre cap off? I'm certainly looking at this product though.

smiley47
02-17-11, 06:47 PM
Can I ask a silly quesiton that I could not find the answer to in the owners manual? How do I get the centre cap off? I'm certainly looking at this product though.

There are some slots around the cap about 1/4" wide and 1/8" deep. Just take a small flat end screw driver, put it in the slot and twist it. It pops right off.

I'm sure that's how easy it is for the kids that swipe them.

robbie99999
02-17-11, 10:59 PM
Hi guys just wanted to ask any updates I ordered the 24 OEM wheels for my EXT and the caps are coming but I am worried there going to be loose, is there any pics of the locking mechanism were you have to drill the caps to get them on ?

Rob

jimmyhill
02-26-11, 09:47 PM
Hello,

Just wanted to drop a line to say that I picked up the centre caps lock package on-line.

I put them on today- I chose to drill the holes off to the side of the cap as I did not want to drill through the Cadillac logo on the middle of the cap- plus I was not sure the bolt was big enough to fit through the middle. Long story- short, for the price they do provide some piece of mind, and I think that they will prevent the kid down the street from taking my caps- however if someone were to pop the cap off, and remove the yellow end of the wire, it will allow the wire to slip right past the bolt and there go your centre caps. Also, for the professional thief, if they carry a pair of tin snips (or the like) again...gone... They obvioussly are visible, but certainly not a focal point- if anyone wants a pic let me know and I will post one. My opinion, worth the price, and the small amount of time it took me to put them on, I would not invest much more though. Not to put them down, as nothing will prevent the determined thief, but it does make me feel like I at least would have made it difficult to get my centre caps.

escalade kidd
03-01-11, 08:20 PM
This is a picture of the lock. This is all you see. Doesn't look bad

jr907
03-02-11, 08:13 PM
Hello,
To all that are interested in purchasing the caploc locks, I just found them on a ebay store for almost half the cost of what jc whitney's selling price.Thought I would just pass this info. on to whoever is interested !

jr,

toofast4uu
03-03-11, 10:41 PM
Hello,
To all that are interested in purchasing the caploc locks, I just found them on a ebay store for almost half the cost of what jc whitney's selling price.Thought I would just pass this info. on to whoever is interested !

jr,

Yeah..im interested..please share a link to ebay..thanks

jr907
03-03-11, 11:16 PM
[URL="http://http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hub-Cap-Locking-System-NEW-CAR-PART-AUTO

jr907
03-03-11, 11:24 PM
If link is dead just type: Hub cap locking system in search tab link should come up!

PfromD
03-29-11, 02:04 PM
Overall, I am very happy with my CapLocs. There wasn't any photos on the forum at the time I did my install. Took some photos of doing the install and noted some things to do to make it go as smooth as possible. Reference the PDF attachment. Hope this helps.

marcus769
04-02-11, 01:05 AM
PfromD - Thanks for the info! Very much appreciated. I think I will be doing this. I wish there was a way to attach the loose cable end back towards the wheel, so one could not just slip it past the yellow end? Something like a small metal tube that could be crimped on that would cover the small cable to hold the loose material and offer protection from wire cutters... Think thats possible with this setup?

PfromD
04-15-11, 03:23 PM
Hey Marcus769 - There is a lot of slack once you tighten it up but you need some to get it started. Once the cable is threaded through the chamber and you tighten that security screw, it isn't going to slide off because that cable is crimped in the security chamber. As for the extra wire, I do not hear it slapping around which I wondered about. But what may work to reduce the slack is use some pliers and simply crimp, not cut, the excess wire so it bends back onto itself.

I check my caps pretty often now. I walked around the truck last night while contributing to the oil tycoons and checked. Been two months, thousands of miles, lots of states and lot of public parking, they were still all there. (got stolen in less than two weeks, few hundred around town miles prior) Regardless of not being a theft proof solution or having too much slack, they work.

And to the above post, eBay is the way to go if you can wait a little longer for them.

-P

hannity
09-12-11, 02:54 PM
Overall, I am very happy with my CapLocs. There wasn't any photos on the forum at the time I did my install. Took some photos of doing the install and noted some things to do to make it go as smooth as possible. Reference the PDF attachment. Hope this helps.

Thanks for posting this, I am going to invest in these. I really appreciate you taking the time to make this.

PeteKT
10-03-11, 03:23 PM
One of the best mods ever, everyone esle i know has had there center caps stolen mine havent gone anywhere :)

Merc
11-26-11, 11:32 AM
I had a cap stolen a couple of days ago. I would like to get these cap locks, but I can't seem to find them on-line or in any stores. Where can I find them?

clpmomof3
12-14-11, 12:26 AM
I just purchased the cap lock kit for my escalade because mine have been stolen twice. Here is a link
http://stores.ebay.com/Suburban-Wheel-Cover-Hubcap-Store/Other-/_i.html?_fsub=1&_sid=9278994&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

----------

Try this link http://stores.ebay.com/Suburban-Wheel-Cover-Hubcap-Store/Other-/_i.html?_fsub=1&_sid=9278994&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322 or go to surburbanwheelcover.com

masber2000
01-07-12, 04:45 PM
Just got my 08 Escalade 2 days ago, woke up this morning, one was missing. Just purchased the locks on Ebay.

mgwilly
10-06-12, 02:22 PM
:Where can i buy the kits to lock the center caps so they cant be stolen?You can order cable locks which are effective. It requires drilling a 3/8" hole through the lens (carefully with a fine bit - not a coarse wood bit). Then a specially designed allen screw with a center pin attaches through the hole to a piece that fits behind the center cap. A cable fits through this piece and attaches to one of your lugs. This will pretty much stop the thieves in their tracks. The kit comes with a key that you keep in your glove box. You will most likely never need the key. Once installed I recommend leaving it alone. You will still be able to pop the center cap off and access the lug for rotations / tire changes etc. They are available at www.suburbanwheelcover.com. Hope this helps.98347

MoistCabbage
03-25-14, 08:51 PM
So you end up with a center cap with a screw head sticking out of it, that can still be stolen with a $5 pair of snips, and the thief might damage the rim trying to remove it. Personally, I wouldn't bother.