: Inital Thoughts on Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 Tires

PGA2B
05-27-10, 01:30 PM
Well, I just had my friend at KC Trends (Chad Dearth) have his guys put on my Hankook tires. All I can say is WOW what a difference. The first corner I took to get on the highway gave me a little motion sickness (I suffer from that:mad:). They are dead silent and grip very well. I will play with them a little and after I have some mileage I will report back but initial thoughts and impressions are :highfive: and for the price you can not beat them. They were $592.60 to my door after rebates from Discount Tire Direct ($714-10%BING discount-$50 Hankook mail-in-rebate=592.60) for all 4. The car feels like a different animal now. I can only imagine once they break in a little:thumbsup:.

Cataract
05-27-10, 03:48 PM
Nice! Ive been hearing good things about Hankooks this last year or so.. and for the price, you cant beat em!

cadillac94pimpin
05-28-10, 02:37 PM
I have them and I really like them. Wet grip isnt so great but its still good but for the price who cares.

pj96ss
05-28-10, 04:11 PM
Just ordered a set today. We'll see how long it takes me to get them mounted once they arrive at my local Mr.Tire.

P.J.

PGA2B
06-08-10, 10:10 PM
I drove them in torrential down pour tonight and they held like champs!! They reminded me of my old Dunlop SP-9000 I had on my GTP. I am even more impressed with these tires after tonight. There is a spot on the highway on the way home that collects water and I ALWAYS hydroplane there and tonight I stuck like glue.......

cadillac94pimpin
06-09-10, 03:44 PM
I drove them in torrential down pour tonight and they held like champs!! They reminded me of my old Dunlop SP-9000 I had on my GTP. I am even more impressed with these tires after tonight. There is a spot on the highway on the way home that collects water and I ALWAYS hydroplane there and tonight I stuck like glue.......

Yeah I think they perform great going straight. I just got more tail slide compared to the RE050's while in a wet turn if you know what I mean. :thumbsup:

PGA2B
06-09-10, 07:15 PM
Yeah I think they perform great going straight. I just got more tail slide compared to the RE050's while in a wet turn if you know what I mean. :thumbsup:

The place I was taking about was in a left hand curve. I stuck it and was surprised how well they held.:D

cadillac94pimpin
06-11-10, 11:24 AM
The place I was taking about was in a left hand curve. I stuck it and was surprised how well they held.:D

Yeah mine was an on a ramp. Maybe it was my fault for giving it gas in a wet turn ha.

Ill try it with no gas next time. Otherwise I really love the tires for the money.

For like $600 you get tires, mount and balance. You cant beat that.

Im wondering how long they will last though. I have had them on for about 4000 miles I think and no complaints.

You know maybe that slide happened when they were brand new. I know there is some kind of slippery coating on the tires when you first get them.

you got to burn it off ahahaah.

OFF TOPIC-

Do you know or anyone else know where the wheel sensor wire plugs are?

I got my car back from the shop and I want to take it to Palm Beach Race Way.

PGA2B
06-11-10, 11:45 AM
Yeah mine was an on a ramp. Maybe it was my fault for giving it gas in a wet turn ha.

Ill try it with no gas next time. Otherwise I really love the tires for the money.

For like $600 you get tires, mount and balance. You cant beat that.

Im wondering how long they will last though. I have had them on for about 4000 miles I think and no complaints.

You know maybe that slide happened when they were brand new. I know there is some kind of slippery coating on the tires when you first get them.

you got to burn it off ahahaah.

OFF TOPIC-

Do you know or anyone else know where the wheel sensor wire plugs are?

I got my car back from the shop and I want to take it to Palm Beach Race Way.

I believe they are in the plug that goes to the hub? I bet is you call Luke at Lindsey he would be able to tell you.....888-894-1729