: 16 & 17 Inch Brakes!?

Chuck C
08-27-04, 08:58 PM
A print out from the dealer shows the the STS comes with 16" brakes standard. The website says the brakes are 17" for the performance luxury sedan. What are the correct brake sizes ?

edit: nevermind guys, found it! (11.9/11.7FR, 12.7/12.6FR)

majax
08-28-04, 10:27 PM
haha, cool.

Does brake size matter so much to stoppin power as per say just a high quality system with average sized discs. For example let say i have 4 disc brakes 10 inches of good quality, then i have 15inch discs of mediocre quality which will stop better? Does disc size ultimatly tell you which is better?

juiceE
09-14-04, 12:23 PM
Larger Disk Size Gives U Shorter Stopping Distance, Or So I Am Told

PTC Sclade
09-24-04, 03:51 PM
I am considering purchasing a new STS. Test drove one last week and it was terrific. My question is I have heard the old STS's and the new STS have the same brakes. Is this true? Also, that the STS's ate up brakes every 30,000 miles is this true as well? I really do not want to purchase an expensive car no matter how good it is if it is going to eat up brakes.

PT Sclade

miscreant
09-24-04, 05:21 PM
I am considering purchasing a new STS. Test drove one last week and it was terrific. My question is I have heard the old STS's and the new STS have the same brakes. Is this true? Also, that the STS's ate up brakes every 30,000 miles is this true as well? I really do not want to purchase an expensive car no matter how good it is if it is going to eat up brakes.

PT Sclade
No, this is not true. The New STS is based on the CTS and SRX brakes, and they have proven to be very good...

majax
09-24-04, 09:00 PM
And my '99 has 46,000 miles and its brakes are good the front discs were replaced under warranty due to them being defective.