: FAQ infected by a Malware link

ctsvett
05-26-10, 04:52 AM
Ok guys, well, its been a long time. I'm still alive and keepin on keepin on... I still have my V (almost 70k miles) and still love and drive it everyday. Sorry I have not been more active on this forum (though its good to see some of my posts still live) but life and my real job got in the way.

I wish I was back under better terms, but godaddy (my hosting provider) was infected by a malware bug that put a script in every index.html file and index.php file on www.cadillacfaq.com and clubcts.com...

I am working with them to get this removed but it effected hundreds of files throughout the site.

I first would like to apologize and let everyone know that I am working to fix this asap. The script is only a tracking script and will not adversely effect your computer.

I hope all is well in the community and just to let you know, I have a few birdies who keep me informed about the goings on here... So, while I'm not here, I still kinda am... scary, huh?

Reed

odla
05-26-10, 07:51 AM
Thanks for taking care of this. I know i reference the FAQ a lot. I really do appreciate your work.

CadiBlk
05-26-10, 11:33 AM
I run my computer with no firewall, no virus software and all of the ports open. I have my computer like I have my house, I leave all my doors unlocked.

I ACCEPT ALL CHALLENGERS!

:hurt:

But for the other guys out there, thanks for the update and your cleanup efforts.

AAIIIC
05-26-10, 12:01 PM
Reed - What is the process to provide you information for the site? Understand that updates probably aren't your top priority right now until godaddy gets the site cleaned up, but once it's squared away I have a couple bits of info I wanted to provide. Nothing huge, but as an example I remember noticing that the oil filter FAQ had some gaps that could be filled.

(Sorry if the site already tells you how to submit updates; I haven't visited the site in the past week or so, as I found the malware the last time I tried to go to it.)

2manycars
05-26-10, 12:54 PM
Reed - Thanks So Much for cadillacfaq.com!!

I use it all of the time, and we are so very lucky and fortunate to had this resource as V owners!!!

It is nice of you to apologize for the malware issues... but that was not your doing, and I also know it is taking up your precious time to be dealing with it. Thanks for that.

There have been some good reviews and tech articles recently written here, like Alan's exhaust system review/ comparisons, and they would be nice content for the FAQ. If you would like, and have the time, maybe I can help you identify those when they come up, for additional content for the site. If not because of time constraints, that is totally understandable.

Again... thanks so much for what you do do for us!!! It is truly admirable!!

PS - how are you doing on covering costs? Would it help for me/ us to send you a check?

ahahnu
05-26-10, 01:27 PM
Hi Reed, been a long time. Glad you are well and still running the V. I hope you can get it fixed and come around more!

thebigjimsho
05-27-10, 07:34 PM
REED!!!

Good to see you, old bud! And great to see you still have your V. Is there anything we can do to help you build the V2 section as well as the V1 has been done??

c4ss
05-27-10, 08:38 PM
Good to see you Reed. As Jim said, if there is anything we can do let us know :thumbsup:

ctsvett
06-07-10, 03:42 PM
Ok guys... Thanks for the nice comments...

The malware should all be gone (gotta love a long flight to NY with gogo inflight internet!)... SO, if anyone finds anymore, please SEND ME AN EMAIL ctsvett@verzion.net with the page that it is on...
THANK YOU!

Also, I have been lax with updates, but if you email me the content that you want put on the FAQ (again: ctsvett@verizon.net) I will happily put it up... I dont come here that much so I am sure there is a ton of great info that is missing..

the FAQ is what it is because of the people here. So thanks for your help and continued support.

Reed

deedubb
06-07-10, 11:15 PM
Thanks for your work to keep this place safe for us! WE APPRECIATE IT!!

rand49er
06-08-10, 10:23 AM
The FAQ rocks! :thumbsup: Thank you, Reed!

Reed, say BTW, if you don't come here that often, how do you keep up on all the mods available? :stirpot: