: No Garage, detailing tips

SoCalCTS08
05-26-10, 12:28 AM
I have an 08 cts black raven and unfortunately I have to park outside here in Los Angeles. We get a lot of sun and tons of dust. Any detailing pointers would be great. I usually wash it about once a week and wax once a month using meguires NXT wax. I learned here on the forums to use the 303 aerospace protectant as opposed to armor all which has worked great. Any advice would be greatly appretiated. thanks in advance.

Flash man
06-01-10, 08:00 PM
Hi,

If your Caddy sits outside like mine. You can use Grape Gloss detail spray wax to keep the dust and dirt off the car between washings. This will also protect the finish.What type of wheel cleaner do you use? Its also a good idea to wash your car with Deep Purple wash & wax shampoo. We are a manufacturer of professional auto detailing products and a supporting vendor on this site. We are offering free sample detailing kits to Cadillac forum members.You can find out more information about our products in the vendor section listed under Flash Wax and Brown Royal wheel cleaner. If you have any detailing questions, feel free to ask. Thanks.

Joe Carollo
Flash Auto Detail Products
www.flashwax.com

thurstb
06-18-10, 02:16 AM
I am interested in trying out your products. have been using Meguiars for years but always looking for quality products. I tried to send a PM but was unable to. Thanks!!

Flash man
06-23-10, 05:31 PM
Hi,

Sometimes PM's do not work on this forum. If you like you can email me at flash1wax@aol.com. I will be happy to answer any of your questions. Thank you.

Joe Flash Man

Tom Wheeler
06-26-10, 01:46 PM
I would recomend Zaino products simply the best polish system I found so far this side of spending about $1000 for a complete Swissvax System with their $579 Mystery wax.
My car is an 07 Infra-red SRX and my wife's is a 07 Black CTS, this is the first polish system I have found that can do black without any kind of streaks.
With Zaino, I recommend the following products:

Z7 Car Wash
Z18 Clay Bar (easy to do and great for new car)
Z2 Show Car Polish
Zfx Accelerator
Z6 & or Z8 Gloss Enhancers
Z16 Perfect Tire Gloss (the best tire dressing ever!)

Link to Zaino:
http://www.zainostore.com/

Those items will cost you about $84 and are well worth it. Once you get through the Clay Bar and the Z2 polish stages, you just keep adding to the unbelievable wet look with the Z6 or Z8 Gloss Enhancers. Last summer I put about 40 coats alternating between Z6 & Z8 and about 5 coats of Z2 Polish spread out during the summer. The Z6 & Z8 are a spray product and it only takes me about 10 minutes to do the SRX. BTW, my neighbors think Iím a little nutsÖ.but I have always kept my vehicles better than showroom.

I use other Zaino products as well, their ZCS Clear Seal, Z9 Leather Cleaner, Z10 Leather Treatment, Z12 Glass Polish and Z5 Fine Scratch Polish. If anyone needs help with the Zaino system, send me a note.

Tom

Oldman Cadillac
06-28-10, 03:26 PM
Tom,
I also just bought an '06 CTS that's black. What type of applicators are you using with the Zaino products?

Tom Wheeler
06-29-10, 12:06 PM
Oldman Cad,

First, just to be clear, I have no affiliation with Zaino, Iím just a guy that has always keep my autos detailed to the maxÖand Iím always willing to try new products.

If you go to the Zaino website: http://www.zainostore.com/ and order $25 or more they include their Polish Applicator free, use this for the application of their Z2 polish. As for the Z6 Ultra Gloss Enhancer Spray, I use a 100% white cotton towel as described in detail on the Zaino site.

The Zaino website is great source of information, instructions and testimonials spend some time on the site, and if you have any questions, I will be glad to help if I can.

Tom