Cadillac Owners Forum banner

HELP Warranty about to Expire

814 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  CadzillaTN 
#1 ·
The 100k Certified Used Car Warranty expires in Aug 2010...what needs to be replaced under warranty?

I have an 05 on the original diff at 60k miles...Never really dumped the clutch to launch...diff has never made noise. How do I get a Gen 4 diff?

Had the clunk in the drivetrain until revised bushing was installed and now no clunk and no noise.

Do some Dealers have a more critical eye for checking for warranty repairs, etc? If so, who?

#2 · (Edited)
GM caught allot of flack on the diff some years back, and the feds even got involved and were investigating. I am pretty sure they know there is historically a problem with them, and are not up to fighting real hard if pressed/ asked for a replacement.

Caddy also seems genuinely interested these days in preserving it's reputation (have you noticed the Cadillac Rep on the boards... which I think is Really Cool by the way... nice to have him). If you contact Cadillac and tell them that the history of the original diff is historically marginal and that bothers you when it goes out of warranty, they may just step up because of that also. I know it sounds like a pipe dream, but my instincts tell me that talking with facts and being reasonable and nice to them there, may just work these days.

When you say replaced the bushing and got rid of the clunk, I am assuming you meant the one on the diff?

#3 ·
have you noticed the Cadillac Rep on the boards...
Is that who that guy is? Thought he was just from some dealer. Go Caddy!!!

I wouldn't think they would change a diff that's not causing trouble. But if your gonna try, calling Cadillac before you go to a dealer is a good idea.

I had my car two years before the warranty ran out. Brought it in maybe three time for a bunch of little things. Mostly the rubber stuff, and that made me enjoy driving my V so much more. Didn't even bother going in for that "last warrenty visit". Been out of warrenty a year now and the only thing I would complain about is the TB.
Good luck with it

Tony

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.