: Driveline vibration 96 FWB

Eric Kahn
05-24-10, 11:04 PM
has anyone had an issue with drive line vibration in a 94 to 96 FWB, I get a bad vibration starting about 60 MPH and it gets worse the faster you go, had a new drive-shaft made and it made it worse

drmenard
05-25-10, 12:01 AM
What I would do to start to find the problem is check each wheel...one at a time... I guessing you dont have posi traction... Jack one wheel off the ground , start it up put in drive and speed it up to no more than 35mph..Get some help.... If it runs smooth thats not it ... but if its bounces start looking for something out of balance.. I have seen a brake drums have a chunk break off and throw it way off.. or even a wheel weight come off...you can do the same thing with the drive shaft... when its spinning look for a bounce.. no bounce=good

96Fleetwood
05-25-10, 09:43 AM
Was the new driveshaft balanced? Did they check the u-joints?

Have you checked the rear end fluid?

Eric Kahn
05-25-10, 08:33 PM
the new driveshaft was balanced and installed with new u joints by a shop that does nothing but drivetrains, they make the drive shafts for the new shelby cobra's
rear end oil was not checked, it is just strange that the new drive shaft made the vibration worse, found another driveshft out fo a junked FWB to get and try next week