: Fml!!!

FIVEOH!!!
05-24-10, 09:24 PM
:banghead: :banghead: So I'm cruisin on the road at about 60 mph and I start to apply the break and guess what !!!!??? I have no brakes !! Pedal goes straight to the ground !! I look at my sideviews and see a mist combination of smoke and brake fluid coming out of the left rear tire. I was able to downshift and bring the car to a complete stop. What sux the most is that the warranty expired 5 days ago !!! Now I have to get it towed and see what the problem is. Keep in mind I already have Stainless Steel lines .. What could have gone wrong?

CadzillaTN
05-24-10, 09:29 PM
you could always get a backdated a police report of the incident :canttalk:

kidding.., ive heard of dealers working with people so close to term date. it didn't "just" happen

FIVEOH!!!
05-24-10, 09:34 PM
Well towing it to Lindsay would cost too much money. I have no choice but have it towed to Jim Coleman Cadillac which is a few miles away from where I live.

heavymetals
05-24-10, 09:44 PM
Sounds like you sawed through a line.

UnsafeAtAnySpd
05-24-10, 11:33 PM
Pull the wheel and take a look?

Baltimore07V
05-25-10, 12:10 AM
I am taking my car to lindsay for routine maintence on Wednesday, I will have them check the brake line connectors that were in the regular CTS recall this month. If mine show corrision I will let you know.

Glad to hear your ok though.

ELES6CTS
05-25-10, 01:12 AM
I'm sure something sliced that line or that connector broke off. Just look under there and see what that brake line looks like. How long have you had the stainless lines on?

ctsv154
05-25-10, 05:41 AM
I changed my stock lines this last weekend to the UUC and I had some corrosion. Also, one of the bleeders was so corroded that it pulled the threads out of the caliper. Luke hooked me up with a caliper that is on national backorder!! Luke you rock. If you weren't so far away I'd kiss you! But not in a gay way! lol

I'll be sure and keep an eye out for any rubbing issues. Its a good thing you didn't really need them. Could have been a bad ending for more than just you!

FIVEOH!!!
05-25-10, 02:41 PM
[QUOTE=ELES6CTS;2254642]I'm sure something sliced that line or that connector broke off. Just look under there and see what that brake line looks like. How long have you had the stainless lines on?[/QUOT

They have been on for about 2 1/2 yrs.

FIVEOH!!!
05-25-10, 02:44 PM
UPDATE :::

Got a call from the dealership in Bethesda and they are saying something got caught in the line where it ripped the connector and the line . So now I will be driving with 1 rubber line and 3 stainless steel lines. I just wont drive to hard on it. I plan on taking it back to Lindsay in about a few months to have the brakes replaced. Then I will replace the rubber line.

The Tony Show
05-25-10, 02:44 PM
I installed braided lines on my old track Miata, and found that on full lock turns the lines were rubbing the inside of the wheel. Sounds to me like the line rubbed through over time.

Jbawden
05-25-10, 03:18 PM
I thought the front circuit was independent of the rear to prevent a "no brake" scenario if one wheel has an issue??

c4ss
05-25-10, 03:20 PM
I'm wondering if it showed any signs of wear. I mean it HAD to. We're talking about 2 years worth of time (or so it seems) for this to happen. I'm going to check mine later.

ELES6CTS
05-25-10, 04:40 PM
I installed braided lines on my old track Miata, and found that on full lock turns the lines were rubbing the inside of the wheel. Sounds to me like the line rubbed through over time.

I was thinking this at first, but he said it came out the rear left wheel.

Jalyousef
05-25-10, 06:44 PM
this happened to mine a few months ago, break pedal went straight through, ran a red light in the process almost got hit...
turns out the brake fluid line was leaking and kept pouring out the fluid.

odla
05-26-10, 07:14 AM
was yours stock?

FIVEOH!!!
05-27-10, 09:00 AM
Here is the pic of my brake line ... What do you all think ??

http://i46.tinypic.com/zy5wk0.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/2n9dpjt.jpg

ctsv154
05-27-10, 09:41 AM
Looks like it just flexed to many times.

PISNUOFF
05-27-10, 09:51 AM
Mine has looked like that for over a year. Minus the fluid all over it.

c4ss
05-27-10, 12:01 PM
Do these lines move? Aren't they stationary for the most part? Other than the fluid traveling through them and whatnot. I can understand flexing a little due to pressure, but enough movement to snap seems odd.

PISNUOFF
05-27-10, 12:05 PM
They are connected to the wheel hubs. They move up and down in the rear and all directions in the front. It is odd that the rears have done this on mine and his.

ctsv154
05-27-10, 01:07 PM
Perhaps it's just a matter of getting the right angle. The rears are a little tricky. It took me a while to get them just right. If you guys are having other people install these they may not be takig the time to get them perfect. Braided steel hose can only take so many cycles.