: Car broken into

BossHoggin'
05-22-10, 03:57 PM
Well sunday night some shit stain broke into my fleetwood and stole my pioneer cd player and ipod. They messed up my passenger side key hole and ripped my radio bezel off. But now my security system light doesnt come on and the pass key fault light doesnt either on top of that my HVAC control wont even turn on. My question is this because my wires are unplugged or did this son of a bitch mess things up. I have insurance so they are going to repair everything so im not worried but i still would like to know.

csbuckn
05-22-10, 06:30 PM
Your security and pass fault problems probably come from the door lock, the HVAC problem probably comes from the ripped up dash. Thats my hypothesis.

The-Dullahan
05-23-10, 01:51 AM
While dealing with alarm systems or car that modern is beyond my grasp in intellect, I do in fact believe that the Csbuckn is right about the door lock and can only imagine that the damage to the dash has caused the heater-cooler issue.

Don't you hate these kind of *******s? Can't just get a JOB, like the rest of us upstanding folks.

Good to hear the insurance will cover it though, but even if they do and your premium doesn't go up, it's just the principal.

I need to start chaining a rabid hyena to my front bumper myself...a rabid hyena with AIDS.

CadillacPimpinNOLA
05-23-10, 06:39 PM
for the key lock thing, nothing that i know of connects to the keylock except the rod that locks and unlocks the latch. the latch has 4 wires that go to it dont see how anything could effect that.

for the climate control not working, i know when i blew a fuse that the radio and climate control work off the same fuse, its a 10amp i think in the drivers side fuel panel. i dont know if you have to have the radio plugged in to work but chances are when they ripped it out the shorted a hot wire to ground and blew the fuse

codewize
05-27-10, 10:48 PM
Anything involving the security system is passed through the radio. If the radio is not attached all kinds of weird crap will happen.

I experienced that first had on a parts car I had

BossHoggin'
05-28-10, 11:19 AM
Ok thanks for your replies. I figured that had to be the problem because all the wires in the dash seem to be connected

outsider
05-28-10, 11:21 AM
Does that mean if I replace my radio with an aftermarket one in my 95 (I wanna get one with GPS :) ) that I'll have problems?

BossHoggin'
05-28-10, 12:38 PM
No you wont have any problems with a aftermarket radio.
The only thing about my 94 was that the reciever is in the trunk near the antenna and it was a pain to run the wires to the front.
Im pretty sure yours is the same.

outsider
05-28-10, 12:40 PM
Thanks BossHoggin'

I'm pretty good at running wires in cars so hopefully I'll be able to figure something out for it.

codewize
05-29-10, 11:40 PM
Yeah, I think you're OK with aftermarket in those cars. I'm not sure about the details I just know the results if the radio is missing.