: Weird TPMS problem...

R4a2m0o
05-21-10, 11:50 PM
I recently got an 04 V. I am really enjoying the car, however, all 4 tpms sensors are showed dashed lines (blank). When I try to do the reset procedure on cadillac faq the horn never beeps to indicate the beginning of the reset procedure and the horn works fine.

I also noticed today that when I hit my panic button the horn doesn't beep only the lights flash. When I push the horn myself it works fine. What could be the problem here? As far as I can tell nothing is wrong with the car it drives great. Could it be a fuse maybe?

c4ss
05-21-10, 11:57 PM
This happened on my car as well, oddly right after I had my headliner out. Not sure if that was coincidence or not. I was told if the horn won't beep, the sensors need to be reset by the dealer. Hopefully you live near a dealer kind enough to do it without a fee/deductible.

R4a2m0o
05-22-10, 12:04 AM
Good to know I'm not the only one... I'll drive over to the stealership tomorrow and see if they can help me. The former owner just did a 50k service and replaced the nav unit before I bought it. Why they didn't fix it then is beyond me... :bigroll:

I still don't understand why the panic button doesn't make the horn go off too. I heard there is a module that controls RF functions. Is it possible that it's bad? The key fobs work, in fact everything on the car works as far as I can tell. It's just these weird couple of quirks.

The interesting thing is that I can turn the traction control off no problem. I thought that if the TPMS's aren't working it doesn't let you shut down the T/C. I haven't played with the stability control settings, I don't even know how to access them. I do know that it works though :)

c4ss
05-22-10, 12:22 PM
I'm not sure why that's happening for you either, but I know in my case, my entire key FOB went out. It didn't work at all. Just to be sure, I changed the battery and it still didn't work. All from a headliner swap. Go figure :hmm:

Dealer fixed it all though and didn't even make me pay my deductible. Hopefully you have the same luck.

CadzillaTN
05-22-10, 03:22 PM
horn honk via remote lock is an option in the DIC. I had my V for a year and complained about it before someone told me where to find it..

VforMe
05-22-10, 03:33 PM
horn honk via remote lock is an option in the DIC. I had my V for a year and complained about it before someone told me where to find it..

This^^^^

Ironically, I turned mine off because I find it annoying.

CadzillaTN
05-22-10, 03:51 PM
This^^^^

Ironically, I turned mine off because I find it annoying.

i agree it can be annoying if you are parked in a closed space...but its the only way i can tell if the car is actually locked during the day..unless, of course, you are still within the 3 foot operational range of the remote

c4ss
05-22-10, 06:11 PM
Well for what it's worth, I've always had my horn honk activated, and I still wasn't getting the response to reprogram. Dealer told me it was an incidence that they had to program the TPMS. They have a special wand at the dealer that can program them without the remote that was needed.

R4a2m0o
05-23-10, 03:54 AM
Interesting I wonder why I can't get it to honk. I'll try again tomorrow but I would have thought that panic would make the horn go off regardless of what the settings are.

R4a2m0o
07-17-10, 09:37 PM
Okay so the only time my horn works is when I honk it from the steering wheel. Otherwise locking, panic, tpms reset etc the horn doesn't come on. Whats going on?

R4a2m0o
07-17-10, 09:59 PM
I got it beeping while locking now...

I had a hunch that maybe this has to do with the alarm. Apparently my alarm doesn't work. I can't believe the previous owner never tried alarm/panic and got it fixed.

Also a weird quirk is that the auto exit seat goes all the way forward instead of back...wtf.

junoreactor
07-19-10, 02:43 PM
The auto exit seat moving all the way forward would drive me crazy. Make sure you don't get your sack crushed LOL.