: 2K10 Colorado V Meet : Anyone interested?

PrelateBishop
05-21-10, 07:29 PM
I've owned my 99.9% stock V for a bit over a month now and would relish the opportunity to meet some other owners and see their rides. If there is enough interest, I would request that this take place on a Sunday as I work most Saturdays. :rant2:

That being said, who is interested and where/when would you like to meet?

UnsafeAtAnySpd
05-21-10, 09:39 PM
Next weekend at HPR. :D

PrelateBishop
05-21-10, 10:03 PM
Next weekend at HPR. :D

Is there a race or open track day that you are participating in?

deedubb
05-21-10, 10:51 PM
Whoop Whoop! I'd be in for a Colo meetup...even for coffee and car talk or something.

UnsafeAtAnySpd
05-22-10, 12:36 AM
Is there a race or open track day that you are participating in?

NASA event. I think that'll probably been there. I've had a lot of not very good stuff going on in my life, so I haven't decided for sure yet.

Either way, we all need to meet up sometime (even though I don't actually live in CO, I'll show up.)

dowlatij
05-22-10, 03:52 AM
Next month in June so that I actually have my V back! :)

tweeter81
05-22-10, 11:03 AM
NASA event. I think that'll probably been there. I've had a lot of not very good stuff going on in my life, so I haven't decided for sure yet.

Either way, we all need to meet up sometime (even though I don't actually live in CO, I'll show up.)

Hey man, whatever it is that's going on, I hope you get through it quick and easy. :yup:

I am always up for a meet as well, but I don't have a functioning car at the moment either. Hopefully it will be fixed sometime in the next week or so and I would love to get down to the Denver area for a meet. I just need a lot of notice (like over a month or more) to even think about making it happen.

Roidz24
05-22-10, 02:52 PM
I would be interested depending on how far away from me it is and when.

PrelateBishop
05-22-10, 06:15 PM
It's early, but sounds as if there is a bit of interest. Seeing as the end of May is near, I believe that sometime in June sounds completely reasonable. I'm thinking in a month's time, so perhaps Sunday, June 20?

Assuming we can all agree upon a date, we'll move on to discussion of a venue. By all means, please share your thoughts.

dowlatij
05-22-10, 06:52 PM
sounds good to me. We could find a track day or auto-x day meet up in the morning for some coffee and bs and cruie down somewhere to have some V fun?

tweeter81
05-23-10, 02:37 AM
I am thinking about signing up for a half-day of lapping on this coming Friday, the 28th, now that my car is in tip-top shape again.

Or maybe I will bite the bullet and sign up for the NASA HDPE on Saturday...decisions, decisions.

Unsafe, have you decide if you are doing this yet? If so, what day?

UnsafeAtAnySpd
05-23-10, 09:46 PM
I think I probably will, and I would go both days; just hope the new rotors arrive in time. What level of HPDE are you? I think that Saturday is full for HPDE 1/2 and a only a couple left open on Sunday.

tweeter81
05-23-10, 10:36 PM
I think I probably will, and I would go both days; just hope the new rotors arrive in time. What level of HPDE are you? I think that Saturday is full for HPDE 1/2 and a only a couple left open on Sunday.

I will most likely be doing HDPE 2 on Sunday only. I really feel like with the couple of full days I have done at Pueblo I could easily get right into HDPE 3, but I am not sure NASA would be cool with that, so I guess I am stuck only going on Sunday, but that's fine as I have Monday off (like most people). I am going to talk to the girlfriend about it tonight and then I am going to sign up.

Do you know if we will be on the full track on Sunday, or does that change right up until that morning? I would feel kinda cheated if I didn't get to do the full course.

UnsafeAtAnySpd
05-23-10, 11:19 PM
I haven't heard anything about it not being the full track. You could coordinate a check ride most likely and run with HPDE3 in the afternoon or something

tweeter81
05-23-10, 11:45 PM
I haven't heard anything about it not being the full track. You could coordinate a check ride most likely and run with HPDE3 in the afternoon or something

That would be exactly what I want to do, I will have to see if I can make that work!!!

I am officially signed up for HDPE 2 on Sunday (5/30), so let's tear it up, brother. I have never had the luxury of being on track with my fellow V brothers, so this will be exciting.

I can't freaking wait!!! :highfive:

UnsafeAtAnySpd
05-24-10, 12:24 AM
I would try to get a hold of Kevin Rogers or the HPDE 2 head instructor before the weekend and see if you can work something out ahead of time just in case. That way you should be able to guarantee a check ride in the morning. Also, remember to get there early enough to get teched (track tech is free since you live so far away). Here's the entry list thus far: http://www.nasarockymountain.com/nasa_forums/showthread.php?t=3797

I want to see what the 355 and R8 can do.

Yeah, there's only one other time I've seen another V at the track. It should be fun. I'll probably decide by tomorrow. I really need to change rotors though. :(

dowlatij
05-24-10, 02:17 AM
Making me sooo jealous right now :crybaby:

You guys better hope that r8 isnt the one I saw two weeks back at PMP. Heffner twin turbo that thing was a monster.

tweeter81
05-24-10, 08:51 PM
Making me sooo jealous right now :crybaby:

You guys better hope that r8 isnt the one I saw two weeks back at PMP. Heffner twin turbo that thing was a monster.

You'll be back on the road in no time.

There is some pretty sweet cars signed up. I am going to have as much fun getting video of the whole day as I will actually lapping (well...maybe not quite as much fun). I can't wait, I haven't been on track since last August.

I gotta get my stock blank Brembo rotors, new Carbotech pads, and TiSpeed Titanium shims installed. Then I'm going to change the oil and filter and check all the fluids to make sure the car is in tip-top shape for Sunday.

On another note, I really wish I had a trailer to haul the V down there with, but I guess I just need to be careful and hope I don't have any mechanical trouble, or I won't be making it back as soon as I would like. I have done this same thing a couple of times before and the V is always rock-solid and has never let me down or left me stranded (knock on wood). 800 mile round trip, here I come!

UnsafeAtAnySpd
05-24-10, 09:18 PM
I just signed up for Sat and Sun. Looking forward to checking out your car as mine is mostly stock. Looks like you mustve got one of the last Sunday slots as it's full now. Any of you denver area guys should come out too even if not to drive. Bring a helmet and get a ride along or just hang out and watch. There definetly are going to be some badass cars out there.

tweeter81
05-24-10, 10:56 PM
Yeah, I think I lucked out. I am really hoping to move into HPDE 3 for the afternoon though, as 3 only has 22 cars and 1&2 have 39 cars. I don't know how fun that is gonna be if there is a shiteload of slow, inexperienced guys holding me back. What has your experience been like at HPR? It sure seems like a ton of guys on the track at once.

Whenever I have gone to PMP there has only been like 6-10 cars on the track at one time, so I guess I am a bit spoiled.

Also, for any of you local guys, come on out and take in the sights and sounds, even if you are not driving it will be a blast. (deedubb, I'm talking to you :yup:)

UnsafeAtAnySpd
05-24-10, 11:30 PM
If you grid early, you should be okay as it is a fairly long track. It will be while before you catch back up to the rear. Also, since it'll be Sunday they may have opened up a couple more passing zones as well. I think I might look into seeing if I can get a check ride this weekend as well as I'd really like to move up to 4 so I can run Time Trials. Do you have any sort of transponder or anything? It would be cool to compare our times. Maybe we can even start a track record type thing on here. I have a transponder and just picked up a Droid the other day so I'm going to try out this cool looking track app I bought and try to get video.

dowlatij
05-25-10, 12:22 AM
I love to come and meet some fellow V owners. I might just come up and say hi. I just had surgery so I have to take it a little easy for a while so I wouldnt be able to do ride alongs. So whos going to be there saturday and is it at HPR?

tweeter81
05-25-10, 12:50 AM
If you grid early, you should be okay as it is a fairly long track. It will be while before you catch back up to the rear. Also, since it'll be Sunday they may have opened up a couple more passing zones as well. I think I might look into seeing if I can get a check ride this weekend as well as I'd really like to move up to 4 so I can run Time Trials. Do you have any sort of transponder or anything? It would be cool to compare our times. Maybe we can even start a track record type thing on here. I have a transponder and just picked up a Droid the other day so I'm going to try out this cool looking track app I bought and try to get video.

Good advice. I don't have a timing system and won't be renting a transponder, so I might have to get someone to help me and get some lap times the old-fashioned way with just a stopwatch. I am competitive, so I love to compare lap times. I have, what I believe to be, a pretty good Pueblo lap time, and I am hoping to add some more good times to my racing portfolio this weekend, haha.

I gonna have my little HD handheld camera along with me too so I can get a crapload of video on Sunday.

tweeter81
05-25-10, 12:52 AM
I love to come and meet some fellow V owners. I might just come up and say hi. I just had surgery so I have to take it a little easy for a while so I wouldnt be able to do ride alongs. So whos going to be there saturday and is it at HPR?

I'll only be there on Sunday, all day, because the other spots were already full. So me and Unsafe will be there on Sunday at least. Come on out and watch the Vs represent. Yeah, this event is at HPR. :bouncy:

UnsafeAtAnySpd
05-25-10, 01:36 AM
What's your best lap at Pueblo? When will you be getting there? There's always a BBQ and everything on Saturday nights. But yeah, that'll be cool to see some videos posted up.

I'll be there Sat and Sun and staying at the track.

dowlatij
05-25-10, 03:21 AM
Alright if my V wont be back on Sunday I wont be able to do highschool drags so Ill come watch some Vs represent :D

tweeter81
05-25-10, 10:29 AM
What's your best lap at Pueblo? When will you be getting there? There's always a BBQ and everything on Saturday nights. But yeah, that'll be cool to see some videos posted up.

I'll be there Sat and Sun and staying at the track.

My best unofficial lap time (stopwatch, no transponder) was from last summer (basically close to the same setup I have now, minus the Monster clutch, axles, and heavier Eibachs). I ran a 1:51.xx, and the guy that I was talking to on the Nasa RM Forums (Wade - modded Subie WRX) was running a 1:50.xx. Apparently he had that car setup for TTA at that time, so it is a pretty nasty little WRX (less than 3000 lbs, 302 awHP). I think I could probably break into the 1:40s with my new setup.

I am planning on leaving on Saturday about noon, and it should take me about 5.5 hours to get to Byers. I will check in to my Motel in Byers, and come out to the track for the BBQ. I'll be sure to look for you.

UnsafeAtAnySpd
05-25-10, 11:01 AM
Nice time. I need to get some better tires. My best time last month was 1:54.4

tweeter81
05-25-10, 11:19 AM
Nice time. I need to get some better tires. My best time last month was 1:54.4

That is not bad at all. As a matter of fact it is right inline with what I was running before I had headers and was still on street tires (245f/285r Toyo T1-Rs). However, at that time I did have my suspension modded (Hotchkis, FG2s, GC Kit) and I ran a 1:55.xx back in March of 2007.

What tires are you running? R-comps will get you at least a second or two, with no other changes, at Pueblo.

UnsafeAtAnySpd
05-25-10, 03:41 PM
I just have Dunlop SP Maxx or whatever they're called and some stock 99000 mile fe4s. :)

tweeter81
05-25-10, 05:30 PM
I just have Dunlop SP Maxx or whatever they're called and some stock 99000 mile fe4s. :)

When you see my car in action, the case will be made for you to get some Hotchkis swaybars and upgrade to some FG2s + some lowering springs. Just kidding...no, but seriously...I love surprising people with the big luxury sedan. :lildevil:

What is your best time at HPR, and how much experience do have at that track?

PrelateBishop
05-25-10, 06:20 PM
Is there a fee for spectators? My ride isn't track-ready, but would greatly interested in what kind of cars are at the event.

UnsafeAtAnySpd
05-25-10, 07:35 PM
When you see my car in action, the case will be made for you to get some Hotchkis swaybars and upgrade to some FG2s + some lowering springs. Just kidding...no, but seriously...I love surprising people with the big luxury sedan. :lildevil:

What is your best time at HPR, and how much experience do have at that track?

I don't have any times for HPR and it's the track I have the least experience at. I've done three days there I beleive.

As for my suspension, I really do want to do some changes to it. Some R comp tires, race pads, sways and coilovers would be amazing.

Is there a fee for spectators? My ride isn't track-ready, but would greatly interested in what kind of cars are at the event.

No fee. All you need to do is show up, sign a waiver at the gate to get a wrist band and that's it. To get a wrist band for ride alongs is only like 5 dollars.

dowlatij
05-25-10, 07:50 PM
What time shall I see you guys on Sunday?

PrelateBishop
05-25-10, 08:20 PM
No fee. All you need to do is show up, sign a waiver at the gate to get a wrist band and that's it. To get a wrist band for ride alongs is only like 5 dollars.

So are you implying that if I show up with a helmet and pay $5, my V brethren will provide me with a couple of hot laps around the track? :sneaky:

Also, what's the best time to be there and can those who are going provide a brief description of their rides (year, color, etc.)?

UnsafeAtAnySpd
05-25-10, 10:17 PM

So are you implying that if I show up with a helmet and pay $5, my V brethren will provide me with a couple of hot laps around the track? :sneaky:

Also, what's the best time to be there and can those who are going provide a brief description of their rides (year, color, etc.)?

The first race group sessions start at 8:00 both days I believe. I could probably swing giving a ride. :lildevil: Group 3 can give them with group leader permission. Anything to inspire more V owners to get out there on the track. It would be so badass to have 5+ cars out there at a time.

My car is the fairly stock looking black '04. I should have TiSpeed decals on the sides as well and will be running 00s as my number.

PrelateBishop
05-25-10, 10:42 PM
The first race group sessions start at 8:00 both days I believe....My car is the fairly stock looking black '04. I should have TiSpeed decals on the sides as well and will be running 00s as my number.

Sounds like it starts early. Any idea how late in the day the even will run?

UnsafeAtAnySpd
05-25-10, 11:09 PM
Here's the schedule: http://www.nasarockymountain.com/nasa_forums/showthread.php?t=3827

tweeter81
05-26-10, 12:36 AM

I think us guys that are lapping will be at the track from about 7:00 AM till about 5:00 PM on Sunday.

tweeter81
05-26-10, 12:46 AM
My car looks like this:

I would love to give some rides, but I will be in HPDE 2 (no rides allowed), but if I can move up to HPDE 3 by the afternoon, I could let someone ride along. I'm really looking forward to seeing all you guys there, it is always great to put faces to forum names.

tweeter81
05-27-10, 10:25 AM
Well, my car used to look like the picture above, but now it is beat to hell by the hail storm that came through town last night that I just happened to be out driving in.

I'll still be doing the track day, but my baby just won't be as pretty.

Like a golf ball with dimples, maybe my car will go faster now...:bomb:

silverado_nolan
05-27-10, 06:03 PM
i am from nebraska... but depending on my schedule and location... I am down

UnsafeAtAnySpd
05-27-10, 07:32 PM
Well, my car used to look like the picture above, but now it is beat to hell by the hail storm that came through town last night that I just happened to be out driving in.

I'll still be doing the track day, but my baby just won't be as pretty.

Like a golf ball with dimples, maybe my car will go faster now...:bomb:

Damn, man. That sucks. I've been worried with the weather lately that this will happen to me. But maybe it will work out and you can get a new aftermarket hood, cf trunk lid and paint from your insurance out of the deal.

I took care of my rotor issue last night...
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg149/UnsafeAtAnySpd/28400_574711940939_43801663_3371006.jpg

tweeter81
05-27-10, 09:59 PM
Damn, man. That sucks. I've been worried with the weather lately that this will happen to me. But maybe it will work out and you can get a new aftermarket hood, cf trunk lid and paint from your insurance out of the deal.

I took care of my rotor issue last night...
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg149/UnsafeAtAnySpd/28400_574711940939_43801663_3371006.jpg

Badass rotors, I'm jealous.

I am going to try and swing through Dragon Pro Street Engineering on the way down on Saturday and get an estimate from them. I have been in contact with my insurance company and they said that 90% of the time the will review the estimate, and if it is reasonable, cut the insured person a check. So I am hoping that DPSE will give me a nice estimate and I'll have them do all the work. Once I know the amount and what it will cost me above and beyond the stock parts (stock hood $770 - heat extractor $1250, I think), I'll place an order at SW and have them ship the Heat Extractor directly to the shop for installation.

I didn't even know that there was a CF trunk lid available for our cars. Where can I get that?

deedubb
05-28-10, 01:13 AM
Unsafe...Who makes carbon fiber trunk lids??

UnsafeAtAnySpd
05-28-10, 01:22 AM
I could've sworn I had read about somebody making them before. Spectre works? They have sideskirts and some other stuff right? Maybe I'm wrong. Would be cool though... :D

UnsafeAtAnySpd
05-28-10, 05:15 PM
Well, I'm about to take off to set up camp. I really needed to bleed my clutch but didn't end up having the time/help. Hopefully I'll be alright. Anyway, looking forward to meeting everyone that is showing up.

UnsafeAtAnySpd
05-28-10, 10:34 PM
Made it to high plains. Last year there wasn't even cell reception. Now I have that and 3g! Anyone planning on stopping by tomorrow?

dowlatij
05-28-10, 10:36 PM
I will see you guys on Sunday then! I'll be the kid that'll be coming straight to your cars :D

tweeter81
05-29-10, 11:27 AM
Made it to high plains. Last year there wasn't even cell reception. Now I have that and 3g! Anyone planning on stopping by tomorrow?

Hopefully I'll be out there by 6:00-6:30 or so tonight. I am leaving my place this morning at 11:00 AM and it will take me about 4.5 hours to get to Dragon Race Engineering, where they are going to check out my hail damage and get an estimate started. Then when that is done (hopefully will only take less than an hour), I'll head to my hotel in Byers, check in, and then make my way to the track.

Unsafe, I'll look for your black V with the beautiful blue UUC 2-piecers hiding behind the front wheels.

I got the brakes done and oil changed yesterday, so the only thing I will have left to do will be to change to my track wheels/tires. I'll be riding on the stockers on the way down there today. I'm getting excited.

dowlatij, can't wait to meet you. This should be a real fun weekend!

UnsafeAtAnySpd
05-29-10, 01:11 PM
Well my steering rack went out (don't think it could be anything else). Second lap of the day. Don't even know how I'm getting home. FML.

tweeter81
05-29-10, 10:13 PM
crap man, that sucks. i am beginning to think cts-v owners are cursed. now i know why i couldn't find u at the track. oh well, get her fixed and come back even stronger.

UnsafeAtAnySpd
05-29-10, 10:53 PM
I think I fixed the car. I'm debating heading back down early in the morning. Just really don't want something else to go wrong.

PrelateBishop
05-29-10, 11:42 PM
In your opinion, would it be worth the 1+ hour drive simply to spectate?

UnsafeAtAnySpd
05-30-10, 12:25 AM
The only thing I don't like about spectating is not being out there. From Denver shouldn't be too bad though. Plus if you plan to start tracking your car, it could be nice to see how things are run so no worries about that your first time. Also, if you can bring a helmet, I'm sure you could probably get a ride along. I think I'm gonna take off at like 5 am tomorrow and cross my fingers...