: It's arrived

repenttokyo
05-21-10, 05:23 PM
So as a follow up to my thread about getting a car from Florida to MA - Well, I went with Montway auto transport, and the car just arrived. It's in exactly the shape that the seller said it was in, and I am very, very happy.

I have attached some pics that the seller took of the car - my cam is currently missing its battery charger. I am still pinching myself that this vehicle is in my driveway!

JimmyH
05-21-10, 05:28 PM
congrats, you are going to love this car, and hate it at times. the CTS-V is the original love/hate machine, but it's definitely worth it. the best handling pig on the planet :D

repenttokyo
05-21-10, 05:30 PM
it is so hard for me to sit at my desk and finish my articles for this afternoon - i just want to be out there sitting in the car playing with the personalization features - which is all i can do until I get it plated. Oh, the joys of having a car delivered right before the weekend!

It was a nice surprise - I was told by the shipper it would be here Sunday at the earliest. It left Florida yesterday morning. Thank goodness for amphetamines, I guess.

JimmyH
05-21-10, 05:33 PM
that's rough. If it were me, I would throw a plate on from one of my other cars and take it for a ride. Not that I condone such behavior...

Cobrahunter
05-21-10, 05:34 PM
awesome car man....your going to love it.

and wow, buying something I hadn't test drove first sounds risky

JimmyH
05-21-10, 05:39 PM
it's a calculated risk. but if you want a car, and none are available locally, you don't have much choice.

cvettr/cts-v
05-21-10, 05:42 PM
Congrats, your gonna love it. Glad all worked out for you.

shadybx7
05-21-10, 06:18 PM
looks great with the black grille and Eibach drop... but you need moar pics! start pic whorin it up while you wait on plates

repenttokyo
05-21-10, 07:00 PM
you are so right - but no charger for my camera, i only have my GoPro available right now. I took some pics with it, but they are horrible - I am waiting for the new charger I ordered to finally arrive, should be here tomorrow or Monday.

2manycars
05-21-10, 07:31 PM
that's rough. If it were me, I would throw a plate on from one of my other cars and take it for a ride. Not that I condone such behavior...

:D not saying do it... but if I had a new V sitting in the driveway.......

Just saying. ;) :D

Congratulations!!

repenttokyo
05-21-10, 07:32 PM
you guys sound JUST like the voices in my head :D

814V
05-21-10, 08:01 PM
Congrats! You are gonna love this car. I have had mine for about two years and it still puts a smile on my face every day

gsx-lex
05-22-10, 09:04 PM
I have had mine for about two years and it still puts a smile on my face every day

I completely agree with this, and I've owned some VERY fun cars.

rand49er
05-23-10, 08:29 AM
Wow ... sure glad this worked out for you. I was one of the guyz who were rather leery, but just goes to show you that there indeed honest people in the world.

Congrats! :highfive:

Renzos23
05-24-10, 05:26 PM
nice V.

repenttokyo
05-24-10, 05:28 PM
thanks everyone! :) I took it for a quick, non-plated spin today, and wow!

JimmyH
05-24-10, 06:09 PM
press the TC button twice. Competitive driving mode FTW!

kjr6306
05-25-10, 12:26 PM
Congrats dude!!! Glad it worked out. I've had mine for a month...bought it off EBAY from FL as well. Already have a little present from the local trooper station and still can't wait to drive it as much as possible. Actually look for reasons to go out for a drive. First thing you are going to want to do is change the shifter. Get ahold of Brian (Pisnuoff) ASAP before he starts to charge more for his!!!

2manycars
05-25-10, 05:49 PM
press the TC button twice. Competitive driving mode FTW!

I thought this just turned off traction control and readjusted the tolerances for the stability control. Does it also remap the throttle response or something?

repenttokyo
05-25-10, 05:51 PM
I thought this just turned off traction control and readjusted the tolerances for the stability control. Does it also remap the throttle response or something?

it makes stability control only intervene in extreme cases, at the last possible second.

:cloud9:

repenttokyo
05-25-10, 05:52 PM
Congrats dude!!! Glad it worked out. irst thing you are going to want to do is change the shifter. Get ahold of Brian (Pisnuoff) ASAP before he starts to charge more for his!!!

Done!

2manycars
05-25-10, 05:56 PM
it makes stability control only intervene in extreme cases, at the last possible second.

yah... that's what I thought.

I guess Jimmy was thinking/ saying you needed to go hang the tail out next then. Not that he condones such behavior! :D

JimmyH
05-25-10, 11:35 PM

well, I dont know about the last possible second. it trumps you fairly early to keep you from getting sideways. Still, I managed 270 once with nanny full-on.

yah... that's what I thought.

I guess Jimmy was thinking/ saying you needed to go hang the tail out next then. Not that he condones such behavior! :D

of course not :stirpot:

PISNUOFF
05-26-10, 10:48 AM
Congrats dude!!! Glad it worked out. I've had mine for a month...bought it off EBAY from FL as well. Already have a little present from the local trooper station and still can't wait to drive it as much as possible. Actually look for reasons to go out for a drive. First thing you are going to want to do is change the shifter. Get ahold of Brian (Pisnuoff) ASAP before he starts to charge more for his!!!

That's funny. Someone told me Sunday that I should charge $200 for them. I'm not making my living off of them, so for now everything will stay the same at a GREAT bargain.

I've had my V for almost 2 years and I still make up reasons to go for a drive.

AngryHog
05-27-10, 12:04 AM
Had mine 2 years also and LOVE driving it. Glad you got the car and everything is ok. The black grills look really good. I may steal that idea. :) And the shifter upgrade is a must. I need to take care of that myself. Anyway, enjoy!

-AngryHog

thebigjimsho
05-27-10, 07:42 PM

And it also inhibits torque management.

So...a Raven '04 with black grilles? Where in MA is this car now??? :highfive:

repenttokyo
05-27-10, 07:45 PM
its just outside of Boston for now, but it's leaving soon to begin the importation process into Canada.

thebigjimsho
05-27-10, 07:52 PM
hmm...

I'm just outside of Boston...

hmm...

repenttokyo
05-27-10, 07:54 PM
would love to have a V meet, but the car is currently unplated, which means it's pretty much anchored to my driveway :(

thebigjimsho
05-27-10, 07:56 PM
Who said anything about a meet? My '04 is sitting in storage, totaled. I'm just looking for a donor... :lildevil:

repenttokyo
05-27-10, 07:57 PM
ouch - sorry to hear that :(

thebigjimsho
05-27-10, 08:00 PM
ouch - sorry to hear that :(
It's OK. While I'd rather still have it in its original pristine condition, I got a great settlement from the insurance company with a very low buyback. And while it's waiting for a rebuild, I'm rolling in an '09.

So I can't really complain too much...

thebigjimsho
05-27-10, 08:01 PM
And everytime I see your screenname, I think tune-in Tokyo...