: The last two things I need for my Caddie I cant find.......can anyone help

TWasArroundHere
05-21-10, 03:08 PM
So I've been fixing my 84 Coupe Deville al summer...... its almost done. Got new paint, fixed all the cracked leather interior (pics on their way) repaired the AC....... pretty much everything. Ive dumped like 6000 dollars into it in the past few months..... but two parts continue to evade me.

The first one is on the doors- the window swipes I think is what they are called. They are black rubber and they seal the inside of the door from rain where the window goes up. Theyre on the outside. I cannot find these things anywhere. Mine are all cracked and broken and every time it rains, water is getting into the doors.

And the other thing is the AC Blower Motor module... the AC system is compleltey fixed, but I cant turn it on because I dont have this one part. Again- searching high and low, I cant find anything...... and its summer now, and I'm not going to drive a car with no AC for the 6th year in a row.

Does anyone know of where I can find these parts? My mechanic cant find them. Perhaps another GM car that is compatible? I really wanna get this thing done..... I've had her six years and want to keep her another 20. But finding these parts is a bitch.

csbuckn
05-21-10, 03:55 PM
For the blower mod, Rockauto has something listed as a AC power module. Could that be what your looking for? $270

Also just saw they have AC/heater control head unit, wouldnt have thought they have that.

For the window sweeps, someone at layitlow makes custom ones for your car.

outsider
05-21-10, 03:59 PM
For the window seal things, rubber the right way may have them. I have their Cadillac catalog at home, I'll check when I go home. :)

Angry Matt
05-21-10, 06:07 PM
I took a set of window sweeps off of a riviera at the junk yard last week and they are actually longer than the coupe's. I'm planning on cutting them down and drilling the necessary holes to make them fit, just haven't got to it yet. Just an idea.

And are you talking about the resistor for the climate control? It sits right below the hood near the passenger side firewall? Two 7mm's to get it out? If that's the case, those things blow all the time due to moisture. Go to the junkyard and grab a few spares, one's bound to work. I used to have a box of them, but between my buddies and me, I think we've used them all up. Let me know if that's the part and you can't find one...

gornati
05-22-10, 07:30 AM
there was a guy on layitlow forums selling those rubbers for the windows, go there and do a quick search on vehicles parts.

outsider
05-22-10, 07:52 AM
looking at rubber the right way I don't think they have what you're looking for on #1...

from the pictures in the cataloge it looks like they call them "window felts" or "window fuzzies" and they don't have them for your car. Closest they have is a 79-85 eldorado biarritz or 80 to 89 fleet/deville 4 door hardtop.

They also have some "Cut it yourself" stuff for cheaper.

TWasArroundHere
05-22-10, 10:23 AM
I emailed the guy at rubber the right way and he said that they didnt have them, but they could make them. But the Rivera is a good idea....... what year one did you pull them off of?

And it might be the resistor...... I'm honestly not sure. Im pretty sure they told me it was a blower motor module. Maybe if I just replace the entire blower motor that might work?

drmenard
05-22-10, 12:38 PM
I sent you a PM about the module controller.. Another thing if the blower motor goes bad and draws to much current it will burn out the control module..So its good idea if the module goes bad is to also change the blower motor...

TWasArroundHere
05-24-10, 10:18 PM
I sent you a PM about the module controller.. Another thing if the blower motor goes bad and draws to much current it will burn out the control module..So its good idea if the module goes bad is to also change the blower motor...

I PM'ed you back cuz I'm interested if you have one...

1980coupe
05-26-10, 05:04 AM
So I've been fixing my 84 Coupe Deville al summer...... its almost done. Got new paint, fixed all the cracked leather interior (pics on their way) repaired the AC....... pretty much everything. Ive dumped like 6000 dollars into it in the past few months..... but two parts continue to evade me.

The first one is on the doors- the window swipes I think is what they are called. They are black rubber and they seal the inside of the door from rain where the window goes up. Theyre on the outside. I cannot find these things anywhere. Mine are all cracked and broken and every time it rains, water is getting into the doors.

And the other thing is the AC Blower Motor module... the AC system is compleltey fixed, but I cant turn it on because I dont have this one part. Again- searching high and low, I cant find anything...... and its summer now, and I'm not going to drive a car with no AC for the 6th year in a row.

Does anyone know of where I can find these parts? My mechanic cant find them. Perhaps another GM car that is compatible? I really wanna get this thing done..... I've had her six years and want to keep her another 20. But finding these parts is a bitch.

had mine for 10 years with no air or heat and well it'll cost $ to fix and I'm in no such hurry to fix it..
reagarding those window felts here's the link to the guy on layitlow...
http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=527871&hl=
laters

TWasArroundHere
05-26-10, 07:13 AM
Sweet! I was looking all over those forums and couldn't find that guy haha. Thanks man