: Help guys!! I need a power steering pulley!!

dowlatij
05-21-10, 02:57 AM
My V is very close to getting finished up but I just got into a big problem. The power steering pulley was broken in the accident and they are on national back order and won't be available for the next 5-6 weeks so I need your help if you have one for sale or know where I can locate one?

Already contacted Cleveland pick a part.

thanks.

MotorMounts
05-21-10, 03:28 AM
My V is very close to getting finished up but I just got into a big problem. The power steering pulley was broken in the accident and they are on national back order and won't be available for the next 5-6 weeks so I need your help if you have one for sale or know where I can locate one?

Already contacted Cleveland pick a part.

thanks.

Have you taken the broken one off of the pump? Can you post a picture of it? I could go look at the one on my car, but I would like to see "how broken" yours is. If it's not too wasted I might be able to fix yours if no one has a good one laying around. Gotta see it before any promises can be made. Be ready to buy the whole pump assembly if it presents itself.

ctsv154
05-21-10, 07:31 AM
I should still have mine in a box from when I did the 8 rib conversion. Only problem is I wont even be able to tell you if I can find it until tomorrow or Sunday. If you can wait a bit, I can look.

TroyFleming
05-21-10, 08:59 AM
There you go, NEW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LS2-LS6-Cadillac-CTS-V-PS-Power-Steering-Pump-Pulley-GM-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1c0ed27b4cQQitemZ12050 7759436QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

LSCTS
05-21-10, 09:15 AM
They are about the same $$ at the dealer, I bought one a few months ago.

verywhitedevil
05-21-10, 09:28 AM
if you want some bling...wazees.com has some nice pieces.

TroyFleming
05-21-10, 09:53 AM
They are about the same $$ at the dealer, I bought one a few months ago.

IF you would have taken the time to read the complete post at top, you would know that they are on NATIONAL BACKORDER THROUGH THE DEALER, meaning months, possibly half a year to wait. GM took the pulleys/tanks and used them on other platforms I am told, which cleaned out the overstock they had.

mitchntx
05-21-10, 10:59 AM
http://www.pscmotorsports.com/-PP2426-6.0-1500-Series-Pump-Serpentine-Pulley-2.125-Offset-LS-Engine.html

This is a nice billet piece. I use these guys for pump replacements for customer road race cars.

The shaft of the saginaw pump is threaded and they can supply a retaining bolt instead of relying on an interference fit. The one on my car is even safety wired.

Call and tell them what you have, what you need and they can fix you up.

LSCTS
05-22-10, 08:29 PM
IF you would have taken the time to read the complete post at top, you would know that they are on NATIONAL BACKORDER THROUGH THE DEALER, meaning months, possibly half a year to wait. GM took the pulleys/tanks and used them on other platforms I am told, which cleaned out the overstock they had.

I probably did read it just didn't "read it", my wife tells me that I have selective hearing too.;)