: 96 Fleetwood power trunk pulldown question:Are the wires different from the 94 Fleet

RENO99DEVILLE
05-21-10, 01:13 AM
Are the wires different from the 94 Fleetwood??

I have a 96 Fleetwood Brougham and my original power trunk pulldown broke so I found a used (tested and seen working) one from a 94 Fleetwood but when I plugged it in to the four pin connector, instead of the trunk getting pulled down the license plate light goes on. Are the wires different?? Do I need to change the pin layout?

-Reno (909) 278 7366

thefleetwoodguy
05-22-10, 01:04 PM
MY GUESS IS YOUR OTHER PULL DOWN IS FINE
THE PROBLEM SHOULD BE THIS
sorry caplok was on

look at the wires that are attached to the drivers side trunk hinge they go into the trunk and feed the lic light/pull down/etc
im willing to bet the black wire is pinched and broken
at the rear of the hinge, about an inch from the connector

when you lose that ground, you get a bleed back, and that causes the lic plate lamp to light

ill be waiting to hear, "hey men you were right" :)

RENO99DEVILLE
05-22-10, 03:25 PM
MY GUESS IS YOUR OTHER PULL DOWN IS FINE
THE PROBLEM SHOULD BE THIS
sorry caplok was on

look at the wires that are attached to the drivers side trunk hinge they go into the trunk and feed the lic light/pull down/etc
im willing to bet the black wire is pinched and broken
at the rear of the hinge, about an inch from the connector

when you lose that ground, you get a bleed back, and that causes the lic plate lamp to light

ill be waiting to hear, "hey men you were right" :)

Ok I want to be sure: Your talking about the wire harness on the trunk and not the body right? Ok so I will follow all the wires down to the body. You know they put sound deadner on the trunk so MAYBE LOL, I won't be able to check till early next week, I will let you know ASAP!!

And THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Reno

thefleetwoodguy
05-22-10, 04:16 PM
right at the hinge drivers side,
trunk lid hinge that is
theres a plug there, that feeds the trunk lid lite/pull down etc
check right at that plug about an inch back on the body harness side of the plug, I have run into this a couple times......Jim

RENO99DEVILLE
05-24-10, 06:18 PM
Well ok I guess you can say your right in a sense... I looked and I didn't see a broke wire but I found two cut wires: a black and an orange wire. Haven't fixed it yet but I'm sure when I repair those two wires I will see something. Will report later this eve what happens as I will repair it later.

Much thanks for telling me where to look :)

RENO99DEVILLE
05-25-10, 01:42 AM
Ok here is your 'Hey Man You Were Right'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fixed. Working!!!!!!!!!!!! So HAPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

thefleetwoodguy
05-25-10, 02:49 AM
excellent!!!
glad to help!:thumbsup: