: Changing Headlights from 1990 Model to 1988 Model

Heimannsven
05-20-10, 04:55 PM
Hey,
i am thinking to get a 1990 Cadillac Brouham with D`elegance Package. The thing is that i not really like the headlights of this model year- i like the sealed beams of the years ahead more.

Is it possible to change the headlights to the old sealed beam ones?

Greetings

sven

jayoldschool
05-20-10, 05:09 PM
Yse, but you have to change the complete header panel, and all the parts that bolt to it. Wiring, too.

Heimannsven
05-20-10, 05:13 PM
thanks for quick answer...sounds a lot of work...do you anyone who did it before?

jayoldschool
05-20-10, 07:39 PM
Actually, most people over here do it the other way around. Converting the 80-85 coupes to the later 90-92 style is very popular. If you were here, you could trade someone straight up, your front end for the old one.

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q283/stilldownivlife2/01tampaLRM2010116jpg.jpg

Ian6
05-21-10, 01:16 AM
yea I've never heard of anyone wanting to convert their lights to the sealed beams. why dont you like them?? I would think that they're brighter and the bulbs are cheaper than new sealed beams. but if you really want to do it then I'm sure you could find someone who would swap, if you were near me I'd swap with you!!

The-Dullahan
05-21-10, 01:57 AM
California cars scare me.

Or any beach-City cars for that matter.

Honestly, I am so accustomed to the appearance my headlight style that it would look weird to me any other way, but I have stopped and contemplated how many people do that upgrade. I figured it would be fairly popular, even if only because some people may have lost their front end, either style and the car they scrapped for new ones happened to have the opposite style. At least it's one of those modest modifications, rather than the outlandish ones, like slapping the front end of a 90's Camaro onto a vintage muscle car.

Mixing and matching seemingly random car parts car parts is great...if you're building a Rat Rod.

Cadillacboy
05-21-10, 04:32 AM
I would do the same mod had I bought a '90-92 Brougham .I think '80-89's look more imposing too

Bro-Ham
05-21-10, 08:48 AM
I like the original look as well. :)

77CDV
05-21-10, 02:28 PM
Some people just don't care for the single all-in-one lamp look. I think it looks hideous on the Jaguar XJs. I'd take the Brougham with either set up, as long as it was the correct set up for the model year. Not so much for the Franken-cars.

Cadillacboy
05-21-10, 05:45 PM
Some people just don't care for the single all-in-one lamp look. I think it looks hideous on the Jaguar XJs. I'd take the Brougham with either set up, as long as it was the correct set up for the model year. Not so much for the Franken-cars.

You don't like rectangular lamps on Jags then . I refer to XJ40s .
Well, those are my most fave Jags ever made
:hide:

sven914
05-21-10, 09:34 PM
The euro lamps are my biggest complaint about the '90'ed Brougham. When you look at them head on, they look nervous, like they expect your going to shiv ‘em.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/2635/2581/31586290069_medium.jpg

The older sealed beam headlights have a more appropriate look for the body style.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/1/3926/1821/9813410016_medium.jpg

DopeStar 156
05-21-10, 10:45 PM
Hey,
i am thinking to get a 1990 Cadillac Brouham with D`elegance Package. The thing is that i not really like the headlights of this model year- i like the sealed beams of the years ahead more.

Is it possible to change the headlights to the old sealed beam ones?

Greetings

sven

I agree, but go with an 89 though, the grilles are the same as the 90....

The-Dullahan
05-22-10, 12:22 AM
I agree, I just prefer the old-style headlights. The choice is yours though, fill your boots, Boyo.

It's like the backside, I cannot stand the "Euro" reflector strips or the "Euro tail light lenses, though this may just be because envisioning them on my car would look so peculiar, due mostly to the fact as I have more face area back there than a regular Brougham and they would never match the black, but with those chrome lens housings, I just don't see how the white-rimmed tail light lenses could look good and the same goes for that big chrome bumper and the reflector strips.

While this is random and unrelated, I really HATE those reflector strips ON the back of the Brougham's trunk and if my Brougham HAD a trunk, I could see myself scrapping them ASAP. They just kind of ruin the flow of the car.

(Disclaimer: The above post is primarily opinion and opinions are like asses, everyone has one)

Stingroo
05-22-10, 01:30 AM
I too hate the euro headlight look. I'd go for the sealed lenses all day.

brougham
05-23-10, 04:52 AM
I love the 1990-1992 front. It goes with the rest of the car. The older 4 headlight setup just looks old.

Warren_R
05-23-10, 06:31 AM
I wouldn't say that old is anything worse or better than new, of itself. But I do really like the traditional quad style lamps & frame styling. It all goes together in a way that's unique to that make :cool2:

Just my own 2 bits here :)

MudAnt
05-23-10, 12:48 PM
I also prefer the old sealed-beam style. I let a lot of nice 90-92 Broughams pass by when I was looking for one to buy.

CBodyFan
05-24-10, 12:03 AM
Composite headlights are just plain ugly. :arghh: The headlights form the "eyes" of the car's "face", so to speak. The individual lights and frames lend surface interest.

Composite headlights give stylists too much freedom and thus most front ends are ugly nowadays. :nono: Sealed beams required stylists to work within certain boundaries and forced them to be somewhat more disciplined.

Go with the classic look!

1980coupe
05-24-10, 08:32 AM
i like the look of the 90-92 on the coupes and the rear lights too. someone here mentioned that they dont like the reflectors on the trunk, well mine didnt have them and i installed them on. i like it.
so i had the euro look on my coupe up until a few months ago, changed everything back to the way it was, minus the reflectors, still there.
also you DO NOT need to change the wiring, you can splice them in. i did that when i installed the euro front end on my coupe, its the same color code wires. real simple to do.

The-Dullahan
05-25-10, 05:47 PM
I didn't think about this until just now, but having the latter design of headlights would suck, because I'd have to have one of those ****-ugly strobe lights for my funeral equipment or the ones that mount inside, on the mirror, because I wouldn't have the quads in the front.

Yeccchh...

Ian6
05-25-10, 06:06 PM
So I saw that on Garrett's amazing 8.2 liter cady's page that he has HID's and he has the sealed beams. how is this done??

The-Dullahan
05-25-10, 09:57 PM
So I saw that on Garrett's amazing 8.2 liter cady's page that he has HID's and he has the sealed beams. how is this done??

By purchasing a sealed beam conversion kit. The better question is WHY is this done?

Down here they're always funky colors ad 95% of the time when you see a car with only one working headlight, guess which type of bulb they have?

I swear, if I there were any real way to tell who had those ugly-ass ghetto bulbs in their cars while strolling through a parking lot I'd smash each and every one in with a sledgehammer as I passed by. Classic Ricer Look, like spraypainting your hood black. "Yo Dawg, it adds MAAAD Horses! It's straight up sick in this Beeyotch, know what I'm sayin'?...WERD..."

1980coupe
05-26-10, 01:28 AM
By purchasing a sealed beam conversion kit. The better question is WHY is this done?

Down here they're always funky colors ad 95% of the time when you see a car with only one working headlight, guess which type of bulb they have?

I swear, if I there were any real way to tell who had those ugly-ass ghetto bulbs in their cars while strolling through a parking lot I'd smash each and every one in with a sledgehammer as I passed by. Classic Ricer Look, like spraypainting your hood black. "Yo Dawg, it adds MAAAD Horses! It's straight up sick in this Beeyotch, know what I'm sayin'?...WERD..."

LOL!!! Man, I couldn't stop laughing when I read this part. So true that's what my wife's cousin says and his little rice burner is all black. I swear they make more noise and yet they are barely moving an inch. LOL!!!!

caddeville89
05-26-10, 06:50 PM
I am pretty content with the sealed-beams on my '89. I like both looks for the front. in fact, the only reason I might change is if I put the '90 and up body trim on, in which case I would have to either fabricate a piece for the front quarter or put on the new bumper which wraps around.

The rear is a different story. I don't understand the old taillights and would gladly switch to '90's anyday. I am also thinking of taking off the trunk reflector strips, as they are UGLY with the "Glacier Blue" paint. I like the euro bumper cover better.

The mid body molding strips are dumb and should go.

Ian6
05-29-10, 05:41 PM
I am pretty content with the sealed-beams on my '89. I like both looks for the front. in fact, the only reason I might change is if I put the '90 and up body trim on, in which case I would have to either fabricate a piece for the front quarter or put on the new bumper which wraps around.

The rear is a different story. I don't understand the old taillights and would gladly switch to '90's anyday. I am also thinking of taking off the trunk reflector strips, as they are UGLY with the "Glacier Blue" paint. I like the euro bumper cover better.

The mid body molding strips are dumb and should go.

those strips protect the car from dings, so I recommend keeping them on if you park just anywhere, but I'm taking mine off cuz I always double park or park way far away where I know no one is gonna park next to me and ding me. and I dont drive to grocery stores in my caddy, thats just asking for trouble

MT-ED
05-29-10, 11:47 PM
Much as I love the look of my '91 I still think the older cars look better.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u88/Martin_Thoene/CadillacDesign002_opt.jpg

I think proportionately the big headlight lens is too large for the rest of the front end on 90-92 cars. On the older cars the two rectangular sealed beams, surrounding chrome and that big long, thin indicator lens running underneath give the whole car an impression of greater width and gravitas as it approaches. The car kind of looks bigger than it is.

Martin.

MudAnt
05-30-10, 12:50 AM
I think proportionately the big headlight lens is too large for the rest of the front end on 90-92 cars. On the older cars the two rectangular sealed beams, surrounding chrome and that big long, thin indicator lens running underneath give the whole car an impression of greater width and gravitas as it approaches. The car kind of looks bigger than it is.

Martin.

My thoughts exactly

The-Dullahan
05-30-10, 01:16 AM
That's a pretty Brougham, though. Still prefer the old style.

Also, for 1980 Coupe, another way to "jack dem horses to da mizzax, yo" is to add vertical door lifts and you get an additional 9,001 Horsepower for every Type-R emblem you slap on your car, especially if it's in a place like a rear window. The local Mustang owners would agree.

77CDV
05-30-10, 02:10 PM
^You're too funny! :lol:

The-Dullahan
05-31-10, 03:04 AM
^You're too funny! :lol:

No, not even a joke. I stepped out of Walmart and there was this Mustang GT there, it looked brand new, but may have been a year-or-two old and just seldom driven and garage kept. On the rear and both sides were Honda TYPE R Emblems. Now I can understand emblem swapping, for example when you build your muscle car up from a 427 to a 454 or when you modify your Cadillac and put the larger engine in it and change your emblem, but since I doubt that any moron on the planet would put a Honda emblem into a Ford...I can only imagine it was for added horsepower, just like the tinted windows and imitation HID headlights.

For added humiliation, the prick driving it got cut off by this rusty black Cadillac as it pulled out from it's parking spot that blue-line restricted area behind the handicapped spots (ten points for being in handicapped zone and another ten for not even being in a real parking spot)

About a week ago I saw a noticed all these people looking at my car while I was driving (happens a lot) but I realized they were listening to the bass (Blues beats hip-hop) and they were all these little riced Honda things. I don't know the term for that style of car, but they're like tiny, baby 2-door station wagons and when the light changed they all tried racing me (The Hearse with the petty 307 should never win a race) and while I normally refrain from this stupidity, I had to conquer them. The one in the lane next to me forgot to shift out of park from revving his automatic at me.

:rice::rice2:

cadchris
12-14-12, 01:42 PM
Hey guys,

Never been to this side of the Forum but found this old thread on a Google Search. Hopefully you guys are still around to discuss it.

I have a 91 Brougham. Can anyone tell me for sure, if the whole header on my 91' definitely needs changed in order to switch to the 89 quad lights, or can only the 89' bezels, quad light buckets, and side markers be on my 91' without having to totally change the front header panel to the 89'?

The reason I want to do this is for much better lighting options since there are a few really good 4x6 lights out there now like "Real HID's:
http://www.starrhid.com/component/virtuemart/?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=233&category_id=86

Eventhough that HID kit above has a "bubble" lens for the low beam projector, I do think there are other "real DOT approved" HID's (meaning they function by putting the light on the road and not cause glare for other drivers or yourself during rain/fog/snow aka backscatter) and not the junk HID conversions off e-bay.

There are even options to go with very well made precision bulbs and optics for the 4x6 using the best 4x6 housing by CIBIE or even HELLA which utilize the better engineered H1 style halogen bulb. Also, the best bulb mfgs are made by German company's like OSRAM, (not Sylvania), NARVA, or Philips of Germany. These bulbs are highly engineered in precision and strict quality control made stuff and not the blue bulb junk out there from Asia with poorly wound filaments that create unfocused light!

Any coating on the bulb cuts down on light output which is a known fact in the lighting industry and also makes a hell of a lot of sense!

The problem is, the OEM housings on the 90-92 Broughams had terrible optics and also utilized the auto industries worst made bulb; "the 9004", which has a transverse duel element and there is no way to even retrofit another style of bulb into the original housing since the lens optics were designed around how the 9004 bulb filaments focus and project light back into the reflector and out through the lens. This is why HID kits are so bad and illegal because they are a different technology all together and can't focus the light through the reflector/lens of a housing that was made for halogen bulbs of a specific type and the illegal HID retrofits create tons of unfocused light and glare.

I'm trying to come up with another solution using a similar lens size/housing to the 90-92 Brougham available in Europe which would be an E-Spec lens and still DOT approved and could work.....it also uses the H1 Bulbs and a built in Projector Lo-Beam but not sure if I can get this assembly to fit on the 91 Broughams orig. lamp location.

There are now even DOT approved LED 4x6's which are supposed to give unbelievable road lighting. Click on the "Specification Sheet" or "Photo Gallery" on the right side of this page in the following link:
http://www.jwspeaker.com/products/headlights/#product=100160

This company, JW Speaker is one of the highest level lighting manufactures in the World and is made in the good o'l USA.
These LED's are $800 for the set of 4, but you get what you pay for...........

Regards,
Chris
:hmm:

The-Dullahan
12-15-12, 02:44 AM
Yes, to do this swap you will have to switch everything out or as is my understanding, coming from the entire Forum and even a friend who swapped his (Interestingly, he had to swap his '85 BACK to the originals, since the original owner swapped the front end in the nineties when they came out...it's a Hearse thing that some of you may not understand)

As for the HID housings, I concur they are the better option. Swapped the ones on my '87 to that same style well over a year ago and have found it a great addition to the car's functionality (as compared to it's original sealed beams) and I actually prefer the lighting to that offered by any modern car and have since modded other cars and even my work truck in this way. I have actually as of just earlier this evening decided to modify the four on my Cadillac slightly more. Though nothing major, it is a top-secret project.

cadchris
12-15-12, 03:53 AM
Damn.....that sucks....I thought it could be done without having to switch to the complete 89 header panel from comparing Google Images of a 90' to an 89'. So its only the header panel that needs replaced to do the quad lamps, and I can keep the 91' Bumper and fenders also?

Does the bumper need to come off?

Top Secret Beam Mods. Will you give me some pics or post them when your done so I can see it?

I wish I could at least do those other Euro beams I posted but not sure they'll fit yet.

The-Dullahan
12-15-12, 04:12 AM
The mod I am working on is cosmetic only. I am more than happy with the performance of my HIDs at the moment. Here's a photo for reference. No, I don't normally have a wreath like that, but this just happens to be the best photo I had sitting around with a decent view of the headlamps.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff29/The-Dullahan/dullawreath.jpg

I do not believe you should have to remove the bumper or fender for the installation if you switch the front clip and can't picture a reason you should have to (Again, I have never done this, so if someone else steps in and says I am wrong, I apologize. I am just really not picturing a reason in my head that one would require that) Likewise, the bumpers are compatible with any year.

Bro-Ham
12-15-12, 02:23 PM
cadchris, this is interesting. Which is the best solution - HID or LED? If I am reading this right the LED appears to simply plug in while the HID needs additional wiring? Thanks! :) Dave

The-Dullahan
12-15-12, 05:12 PM
HID lamps function like industrial-grade lighting you probably see most often in parking lots, large store buildings or the like. HID sets will utilize a ballast to fire the light itself. One end of the Ballast plugs into the stock housing, the other end feeds out to the bulb. When powered on, the headlights feed power to the ballast, usually by tripping a relay and feeding them with a hot wire connected straight to the battery positive terminal. The Ballast in turn feeds power to the bulb and causes it to light up. While it is "extra wiring" I guess, as you said, it is nothing complex and if done properly, would not take any longer to install than the LED sets. The thing about HID ballasts is that most companies market the same ballast design (which comes in one of two housings) and it is not a very good product and will fail regularly, so you have to get a quality ballast set.

SharpHID, who actually sponsors on this webpage offers several ballast designs and I have only ever heard of one person having one of them fail on him. Regardless, SharpHID offers lifetime replacements and quickly made right by him, sending a replacement. Many people prefer this brand, because their products are stable and durable and come with that replacement guarantee.

cadchris
12-15-12, 09:19 PM
Thanks for posting the Pic "The-Dullahan" They look great! Which HID housings are they?

Bro-Ham: I'll ask the lighting engineer I was consulting with. From what I remember hearing, HID's take a few minutes to come up to full power and they don't like to be powered on and off multiple times concurrently. I think they said its hard on the ballast.
The LED's instantly put out full power and I believe they just plug in w/o wiring or need for relays since they draw low power.

They came out originally for the Big Semi Trucks as an alternative for the halogen sealed beams but many cars used the 4x6's in the past also. If you go to the JW link I posted and click on the "PHOTO Gallery" you'll see they used them even in Emergency Vehicles also that used the 4x6

----------

Just finished watching "Car Warriors" on the Speed Network where they customized two 79 Deville's. They needed those HID's or LED's
http://photos.speedtv.com/gallery/Car_Warriors_79_Cadillac/slideshow/Car_Warriors_-_%2779_Cadillac/08kd3a27c2e3M

Now this is a Cadillac.........I wish I was 1yr old again!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THhnXkJh5oQ&feature=player_embedded

Bro-Ham
12-16-12, 12:21 PM
Thanks! I like the idea of the LED headlights and their simple installation. What about the signal and other lights? Is it worth changing those to LED?

The-Dullahan
12-17-12, 12:34 AM
Well, LED would be brighter than the factory bulbs. Again though, the simple installation part works both ways. HID are very easy to install. I am however VERY curious about these LED bulbs and would love to see a pair in use (I have seen lights of this style, but never really a 4x6 set, so I never went up and analyzed them closer). I cannot find a source on the webpage to actually PURCHASE a set, but I am seriously considering these for my Mack (I imagine commercial vehicles are their main demographic)

As for changing the other bulbs, I have changed my side spotlamps (the ones for lighting up the roadway when the signal is used at night) to LED and it is a MAJOR improvement. I used bulbs that were mostly similar to these (below). This was a crucial upgrade, as I have a switch that illuminates the side spotlamps on BOTH sides of my car simultaneously, which I often use for narrow roadways through hazardous areas with no natural or electronic lighting for my job. Comes in handy many times to be able to see those hidden parts of the road and the space beside it.

http://cdn103.iofferphoto.com/img3/item/522/110/690/lcIXwholesale-new-1156-ba15s-7w-cree-q5-led-bulb-car-wedge.jpg

They would most likely make good backup lamps as well, but I have no reason to update those. The reverse lighting on my particular Brougham is purely for show and not intended to really aid in driving at all, due to them being quite a bit lower than those on most Broughams, the fact that they are sort of shrouded, which prevents them from illuminating much (can't even tell they are are on, while inside) and that from the driver's seat, you cannot possibly see behind the vehicle anyhow. I would wonder how they could improve the reverse lamps on a traditional Brougham, though.

cadchris
12-18-12, 02:55 AM
Hey Guys,

I've been wanting to respond to both "The-Dullahan" and "Bro-Ham" for a couple of days now but trying to figure out how to share some stuff with you guys that I learned from another forum that unfortunately, is so strict on lighting "improvements" because your not allowed to say "modifications" on the forum since the Moderator is some sort of lighting engineer and has something to do with Federal Lighting Regulations......its a long story! Been totally brainwashed over there, but did get an education and insite on the technical aspects of lighting and how to improve it legally....

But, here's just a preliminary of what I think you are both looking for. I found a site last month who is a dealer for the JW Speaker stuff, but for some reason, he's not listed as a dealer on the JW site, so need to find out more about him. He did give me some advice on my 91 Brougham and 91 Eldo but I wanted to explore other options on that lighting forum. A good place for an education, but like I said, so strict, you come away from it not very satisfied.

However, I found another very good and openminded Forum I'm going to join called HID Planet Forums http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/forum.php and they do mods, both legally, and are o.k. with totally improving lighting so it is usable and not blinding other drivers and causing glare for yourself. They look like they are really into and not afraid to modify all car lights beyond LEGALLY APPROVED MEANS but still function properly!

That would be a good place to ask about JW LED 4x6's vs. HID's. I think that strict lighting forum said the JW LED's were better but then again, I also heard that HID's were brighter.......I'lll have to ask that question directly as I was trying to address my 91 Brougham and Eldo which didn't even have the option unless I switch over to the Quad setup. But you may want to post the question over at HID-Planet.

Anyway, I think this is an interest to both you guys. Here is that review of the JW Speaker 4x6 LED's:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl2gqIgT1a4&list=UU-Jc6LvY8aNAcsFN5G7KTOg&index=3

He also has many other video reviews on his YOUTUBE Channel. Here's his website, but I don't know anything about him.
http://www.tlg-auto.com/

I think I found him looking for a demo on the 5x7 JW Speaker LED's for my 87 Vette.

By the way, I'm not him, and he's not me.....his name is Chris also!

After watching that video, I'm totally bummed that I can't convert my 91 Brougham easily to the 4x6's without totally changing the whole front header panel.........:hmm::banghead::annoyed::mad2::xcry:

I'll be posting soon on Bro-Ham's question about parking lights, but I think the best place to ask is on the HID-Planet Forum. I will post some links to other dealers who modify parking lights with LED's and sell kits to do your own that I saw posted on HID-Planet Forum and who comes recommended by that forum.

Here's another video from TLG on a new style LED 1157 just to give you an idea:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80rMQVhYOTU&list=UU-Jc6LvY8aNAcsFN5G7KTOg&index=26

I would definitely explore all options before going this route. From what I've learned, there is so much "good science" behind all lighting for many different scenarios and you'll want to try and duplicate this in a good modification of your factory lamp housings.

Here is the supplier highly recommended by the guys over at HID-Planet Forums:
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/resources.php

If you go to their dealer networks websites, they do amazing but probably, very expensive mods!
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/recommended_retrofitters.php

Regards,
Chris

The-Dullahan
12-18-12, 04:34 AM
Swapping the other bulbs in your car to LED is very simple. It is the same process as replacing them with stock bulbs, except you buy LED.

That being said I have found this page as well, displaying some other LED 4x6 options, some of which have video reviews as well:

http://betterautomotivelighting.com/2012/05/26/4x6-projector-headlight-housing-options/

I have also looked into some of the options. The JW speaker ones that you originally posted seem to cost $370 at the cheapest I could find them...And that's $370 each. Probably out of a realistic budget for many of our Forum Members here.

The cheapest ones I found altogether were from GTR lightning, who offers two styles. A more attractive "halo" projector style (price unknown) and for $250, they offer this:

http://a248.e.akamai.net/origin-cdn.volusion.com/hjrwq.rftbd/v/vspfiles/photos/6010003-2.jpg?1353492152

I think I am happy with my HID headlamps in my vehicles for now. If I ever come across someone with these in person though (more likely to see them on another truck) I will try to experience the differences in them in person.

One last thing I felt I should mention that I neglected to mention earlier. HID housings and quite possibly, many LED housings, while meant to fit into the 4x6 housings on cars and trucks will not necessarilly always fit. Due to the metal bracket behind the bulbs in our (pre 1990) Cadillacs, typical HID housings will not fit. This will require slight modification of the rear of the housing itself, which can be done neatly with a saw or, if neatness didn't count, you could use pliers and just sort of snap the backs. The portion that would have to be removed is in no way necessary to the function of the device, it is just slightly protrusive and does not clear the rear of the housing as well.

talismandave
12-18-12, 12:27 PM
Wow...great research and good presentation cadchris. You and your info are an asset to our community. Thank you and look forward to hearing more from you.:thumbsup:

cadchris
12-18-12, 04:30 PM
Hey.....same guy operating that site called "BetterAutomotiveLighting" who is running the TLG site.

His name is Chris Nelson:
http://betterautomotivelighting.com/about/

Stay tuned for more...............:xsmile:

Regards,
Chris

Bro-Ham
12-18-12, 04:35 PM
...I'll be posting soon on Bro-Ham's question about parking lights...

GREAT information and links! Thank you!

Please let us know what you may learn about quality easy-to-do plug & play options for the other exterior lights on our great old Cadillacs. :)

The-Dullahan
12-18-12, 07:16 PM
^Again, all of the other bulbs ARE Plug-And-Play. LED bulbs fit directly into standard filament bulb sockets.

In fact, as of three years ago, I have had very few non-LED bulbs left on my car. I have never switched the illuminated gauge bulbs to LED though. Mostly because I've never had any realistic reason to access them and thereby replace them.