: Interior Front Fan Not Working

mercel3000
05-20-10, 04:34 PM
Can someone please help.

Today my front fans (driver, passenger) are not working, when I crank it up, the fan does not blow.

The middle, rear seats fan is blowing A/C but not the front

What can be the problem?

Does anyone know the exact fuse for the front fan? Location?

What else could be the problem, please help!

Thank you in advance!

hcvone
05-20-10, 05:15 PM
The fuses are listed in the owners manual if you have one, I don't have my services manuals at this home or I would tell you where to look, there is a fuse panel under the hood on the drivers side and one when you open the drivers door you will see it on the side of the dash

mercel3000
05-20-10, 07:45 PM
Thank you,

I have the manual,

But I am not sure which Fan (fuse) it is, or relay?,

mercel3000
05-22-10, 01:33 AM
Having another problem with the a/c (fan) for some reason it started to just turn on yesterday. But the fan will not go high, just on very low you can feel a very bit of air blowing.

Has anyone else had this problem, please help

Big Windy Ext
05-22-10, 11:32 AM
It may be a module , if the motor isn't noisy . On older vehicles they would use a resistor board . The newer stuff must be a little more reliable , I haven't had one go bad . Please post on your outcome , sorry I wasn't any help .

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-25-10, 11:29 AM
For your 2007 vehicle you will have a 4 year 50,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty which would cover this type of fix. I would suggest speaking with your dealership and getting it fixed that way. I hope that helps you.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

hcvone
05-26-10, 07:43 AM
For your 2007 vehicle you will have a 4 year 50,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty which would cover this type of fix. I would suggest speaking with your dealership and getting it fixed that way. I hope that helps you.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

You have to watch because many 07' owners got their trucks or they were made over 4 years ago, they came out in Feb 2006, my first one had a Feb 2006 build. :)

Toddstun
08-03-11, 11:31 PM
Hello Mercel,

Did you ever find a fix for this? I have and 07 i have had for 3 weeks and the exact same thing happened today. I have cold ac and rear fan works great. The display shows the different levels of the fan represented but nothing comes out of the vents. It has been at least 110 degrees here daily for 2 weeks. I wonder if the heat had something to do with it. Regardless, I pulled the big black fuse? relay? under the hood on the drivers side(fuse box). It was labeled "fan control" I cleaned the contacts and put it back in to no success. I would like to know if you found a resolution for this before I start a new thread.

Thank you.

Dave DiGabriele
08-04-11, 12:30 AM
I just replaced my HVAC blower motor under the dash on the passenger side 2-7mm bolts drop the cover then twist and drop the motor disconnect the electric connector I replaced with a new GM #20828731 the entire job took 8 min. and cost $184.24 I could hace done for less with aftermarket parts but the GM came with the squirrel cage installed.

Toddstun
08-04-11, 04:40 PM
Dave,

Thanks for the info. I created a new thread thinking no one would reply to this old one. I've got one question. Does that blower motor work for both front and rear ac units? I started to think that you could have one fan on low and the other on high so that would make me think there are two separate motors? I was really hoping this was just a fuse or something as the rear fan works on all speeds.

Thanks again.

Dave DiGabriele
08-04-11, 06:33 PM
I have an EXT no rear ac controls. The first time I took mine apart to trouble shoot the issue the motor was stuck I just turned it a touch and it worked for a couple of months but there was a squeak then finally it died.

Toddstun
08-04-11, 09:26 PM
Hey Dave,

Thanks for you help trouble shooting. You were totally right. I started it up and thumped it with the end of a screwdriver and it came right on. Worked all day. It did slow down a couple times and I wasn't on Auto so I am sure it will be going out soon. I've notated the part number and price for future reference. Hopefully the far future. Thanks again.

wadman
12-24-13, 01:16 AM
hate to bump a 3 year old thread but i have this same problem with no heat (no fan) in the front of my 2007 escalade. is there a fuse? i looked in my book and seen 60 and 61 if low and high speed for the fan? is that right? i switched them and it did not help. and info would be a great help. thanks