: Is it better to way for 06 STS?

airbalancer
08-27-04, 06:54 AM
If you were to get a new STS. Do you think it will be better to wait for a 06 or 07 to get the bugs work out? or damn the bug get a 05 then get a new car when the bugs are gone?( new one should show up by then)

msheri01
08-27-04, 11:11 AM
It really should not matter, since the Sigma platform has been used since 03. This is the third vehicle application on the VVT V6, and the Northstar has been around for years. The transmission is the same one GM has been supplying to BMW for years. The adaptive cruise is the same system the XLR uses, The AWD is already in use on the SRX.

Gramzster
08-27-04, 01:15 PM
I'm going to wait for the 2006 model.

We purchased a 1998 Seville STS when it came out; with the new design. We had to place over $20,000 in warranty work into it as it had some bugs and quirks in it, which we have seen was from the redesign.

Since a similar story occured to a friend of mine who bought a first-year car too, I'm going to wait a year for the 2006 model. :)

STSgirl
08-27-04, 04:46 PM
I ordered an AWD V8 and it may be another month before I get it. :rant2: :rant2:
I would think that such a high-tech machine wouldn't have any bugs. My only concern is that I will want the STS-V in '06 (if they make one).

megeebee
08-27-04, 05:02 PM

We purchased a 1998 Seville STS when it came out; with the new design. We had to place over $20,000 in warranty work into it as it had some bugs and quirks in it, which we have seen was from the redesign.

Since a similar story occured to a friend of mine who bought a first-year car too, I'm going to wait a year for the 2006 model. :)

...on the other hand, I have a 2003 CTS. I ordered it in February '02 and took delivery at the end of March. This would make it a very early car, production having begun in December of '01. The only repair that has been required was the re-securing of a wire in the left rear door that was rattling a bit. This happened in February of this year.

airbalancer
08-27-04, 06:36 PM
The reason I ask was because I had a 1987 Chevy pick up and when the sun hit the rear window it reflected the sun on the gauges so bad you could see how fan you were going :lildevil: Had a Chevy Venture for work when they first came out and it had a number of bugs also.
I think mechanical the 05 will be fine but it the small thing could screw up

STS 310
08-28-04, 05:52 PM
I ordered an AWD V8 and it may be another month before I get it. :rant2: :rant2:
I would think that such a high-tech machine wouldn't have any bugs. My only concern is that I will want the STS-V in '06 (if they make one).

The STS-V does come out in 2006.

majax
08-28-04, 10:26 PM

$20,000!! :bonkers: :helpless: cmon cadillac!!! lol, I've got the '99 no problems yet a 46,000 it'll prob be fine for while. Just Like when the DeVille was redone in '97 it had a lot of problems but the 98's and 99's are good. And someone said Its a high tech car so it shoudl prob not have many probs, those high tech things are what go wrong ;). I dought the '05 will be really bad. But If I had the money I'd get the '06 and you have more options with it for '06. Hopefully people still buy the 05's lol.

krypt
08-28-04, 11:30 PM
'99 was a good year for the STS though. Mine has only had minor problems (cupholder, gas cap solenoid error, speaker, and some bad fit and finish) I know Consumer Reports is hated like no other in these forums (I hate it as well), but the '99 had really really good reader responses for some reason.

majax
08-28-04, 11:39 PM
all I've had was some bad build quality/fit and finish here and there. I mean nothing really bad I've been able to easily fix a lot except some of the wood parst not bein agains the dash all the way but you cant tell. nothing to die over though with there little prbs.