: Summer + Bugs

fivepix
05-20-10, 09:08 AM
Since the official start of summer is almost here that also means bugs… I just wanted to know if any of you guys have any special tricks or tips of how to avoid having the front of your vehicles covered in bugs.

I normally only get them when I go on the highway and usually wipe the front end of the truck as soon as I get home. Do you guys use any product/sprays etc…?

hcvone
05-20-10, 09:23 AM
If you keep your truck waxed you will find that bugs will wash off when washing your truck, you can spot clean them with detail spray, or a product like Tarminator which is a tar and bug product. If you use a synthetic wax you can get away with waxing 2 times a year, if you use a carnauba product you will probably have to apply it monthly. My trucks see a lot of highway driving and the bugs in the spring and summer are real bad, but they just wash off. :)

buckeyefan007
05-20-10, 03:46 PM
Hey Carl, what wax are you using?

hcvone
05-20-10, 04:12 PM
Hey Carl, what wax are you using?

Using for 12 years and selling for 10 years ZAINO. :)

steve841
05-20-10, 09:16 PM
Back in the day .. when I went on road trips ... Id spray the front end with Pam cooking spray.

Worked like a charm!!! Messy, but everything came right off.

Today's mostly plastic parts .... Im not so sure

COBlackZ06
05-23-10, 10:51 AM
Back in the day .. when I went on road trips ... Id spray the front end with Pam cooking spray.

Worked like a charm!!! Messy, but everything came right off.

Today's mostly plastic parts .... Im not so sure

I've heard about this Pam cooking spray solution before. Pam is essentially canola oil. I just worry what spraying canola oil can do to paint and clear-coat finishes as it's exposed to summer heat over a few years.