: Selling ESV thread closed???

Fast Eddie
05-19-10, 10:04 PM
Anyone know why the selling ESV thread was closed? This forum is by far the strangest one I have ever seen....

Big Windy Ext
05-20-10, 08:47 AM
Like most forums selling things has a section all its own , usually a mod will give a heads up and move it . Nothing strange or different .

Fast Eddie
05-20-10, 01:12 PM
The guy was not puting his truck for sale in the forum, he was asking Escalade owners what the pricing should be and then other people started talking about the GL vs the Escalade. Obviously people wanted to talk about the subject or no one would have posted. This forum has very little volume on it and I can see why, threads that people are interested in are closed for no reason. It's an online community, if people are interested in a topic, and it is not offensive, then let people talk. It seems like the forum goes out of its way to limit the volume of posts....

Well, it was nice knowing you- I'll probably be banned for that....

SouthernCaddy
05-20-10, 02:00 PM
I agree, I have seen this go on alot for no reason. I dont see what was wrong with it, but someone didnt like it so they closed it.

evois
05-20-10, 05:51 PM
it started as a FS thread, "selling ESV!" I guess this forum has a policy of all FS items go to the classifieds. if it started as a MBGL450 vs escalade ESV, which one is better, then it could have survived without problems. btw, I'm not a mod here but a super in other car forums.

Rolex
05-20-10, 07:20 PM
GO back and have a read through the forum rules:

http://cadillacforums.com/agreement.html

Selling of individual items is permissible by a private owner only in our Classifieds section.....Any such messages can be removed at the discretion of either a forum moderator or administrator.

You want to start a new discussion to expand on your conversation in that thread, be my guest. The OP of that thread announced he/she was selling his car and asked what it was worth. His question was asked and answered so the thread was closed, like any other "for sale" thread. It's the rules. I closed the thread. If you have any further questions or a problem with me closing the thread you may PM me. If you'd like to complain about me closing the thread you may do so to the site's administrators.

Have a nice day.