: 2009 Cadillac CTS

Lord Cadillac
05-19-10, 03:19 PM
I've been driving a 2009 Cadillac CTS for a few days now. I have it for a week as a rental. It's the entry-level model with pretty much no special features. The first thing I noticed was that I've got a habit of banging my knees beneath the steering wheel upon entry and exit. Something I can probably get used to and avoid after awhile - but I'm surprised it's happening.. It's really not a small car...

The next thing I noticed is the lock stalk. It's in my way. I like to rest my left arm as far back as I can get it - but I can't go all the way back with the lock stalk being there. I notice this on the DTS as well. It's not a deal-breaker but I'm really surprised that it's there. Cadillacs are supposed to be ultimately comfortable. No?

The seats are a little hard for my taste - mainly the seat back.. But I'd probably get used to that after awhile. It's not uncomfortable - I just expected softer seats..

The last thing I'm not crazy about on the new CTS is the road noise. Wind noise is pretty hard to notice - but I can really hear the road beneath my feet. Sometimes I have to raise my voice for passengers to hear me. I think my 2007 Chrysler 300C was about the same in this department.. So again, I'm surprised...

Oh, wait - there's one more thing.. THIS is the last thing I'm not crazy about.. Power. On drives around town, power is fine - really not a problem at all. But when you need power on the highway, it's just not there. In fact, it's embarrassing. Pathetic. I know gas mileage is a major concern these days - but this car is too weak.. It should ONLY come with the 3.6 direct injected engine...

Now that all being said - the car drives amazingly. The base model handles very nicely and the ride is very smooth. The CTS is a very, very comfortable car. When my wife is done with her Lexus RX, we'll be looking at the latest CTS. Hopefully a V-Series...

Cartar
01-27-11, 04:03 AM
Hi,
its good to read that 2009 Cadillac CTS surprised you. yeah no doubt in this that it has a wide cabin.
not a small car indeed