: Just got a 06 sts-v!! D3 questions, please help!

Nicksts-v
05-19-10, 02:57 PM
hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and have a couple questions if anyone has time. I just picked up a 06 sts-v which I love but was interested in the stage 2 intake and the corsa exhaust.
Has anyone dealt w d3 and the products listed? Just looking for some opinio s because d3 is very pricey and I am looking for more whine and a better exhaust. Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks and I look forward to talking to you guys soon.

Cataract
05-19-10, 03:44 PM
They are quite expensive, but I think it is the only option for intake out there.

For the Corsa axle back exhaust (which I have) D3 seems real high. If you do some google hunts, you should be able to find it for $600-800. The only prob is that it is made for the regular STS, so it needs some modifications to the hangers by a shop. I had mine adjusted and welded it on, took about 2 labor hours at a buddy's body shop. I am very happy with the results, the tips look great, the sound is good.

Nicksts-v
05-19-10, 04:11 PM
I heard the sts exhaust won't fit for the sts-v? Do you know the part # of the corsa exhaust the you have? I just want to make sure I surf the net for the correct set up.

Cataract
05-19-10, 04:31 PM
The STS one is the only one available, it doesnt just bolt on our cars. The hangers need to be adjusted and the pipe needs to be opened up a little so it can slide over the stock pipes, I then had them weld it on rather than clamp it. I believe you have to do that even if you buy it from D3 as well.

The Borla system is a bit more expensive, but they make on specifically for our car.. And I think it is catback.. or something a little more than Corsa's axle back. I dont think either really do all that much for performance tho.

PGA2B
05-19-10, 05:58 PM
Corsa part number 14157 is what you are looking for and as others have said it will require slight modification.

As for the intake I would suggest if you can to hold out for a couple of months as there is another option that will be released soon from a well known air intake manufacturer that will be at a much better price point. As for what vendor, I am not at liberty to discuss at this time.:shhh::cool::devil:

Nicksts-v
05-19-10, 08:56 PM
Well I appreciate the info and I think I'm def going to wait on the intake.

Cataract
05-20-10, 12:41 PM
Me too! Im excited to see whats coming out!:bouncy:

fast impala
05-20-10, 03:13 PM
I've got the D3 1.5 package on my V. Dyno indicates power increase is as advertised. It's expensive, but................... I've also got their intercooler and reservoir upgrade, sitting unopened, in the shipping package, I'll get around to installing them, one of these days.:yup: