: Modifying Emblem

BlackBoi504
05-19-10, 11:02 AM
Hello forum,

I have been here for a while and have recieved a lot of help from reading the postings. I will like to give back to the group. I am not sure if anyone else discovered this but I was thinking about ordering different emblems for my 2007 Lac. I could not find any after market emblems I liked. I removed the rear emblem and decided to dissect it. I removed the plastic plate, and then all the pieces of plastic and metal which makes up the Cadillac symbol. I then used soap and water with a mild non-scratch scrub pad to remove the glue used to hold the metal and plastic. What was left behind was a shiny chrome looking finsih and a lot of complements:halo:.. I will post pics today or tomorrow.

Merc
05-19-10, 04:58 PM
I am looking for to the pictures.

BlackBoi504
05-19-10, 07:17 PM
Lets see if this works... Here are pics

CADDYFAT
05-19-10, 07:59 PM
Can the front be taken apart too? How did you remove the emblem? Did you have to retape it or reuse 3m tape? I'd be affraid that it will come off.

Let me know. Good work

BlackBoi504
05-19-10, 08:30 PM
In order to remove, u will have to use fishing line or dental floss. Take your time and floss your way thru one corner and then start pulling until the glue loosen. To make it easier, u can then use goop remover or soap and water to help loosen the glue a little more. I have not done my front emblem yet but thinking about it. The two images on the far left and right were both rear emblems.. One was from my 07 since it was faded and the other was from my 02.

Big Windy Ext
05-20-10, 09:27 AM
It looks better than a faded emblem , but also looks like emblem is missing .

hcvone
05-20-10, 10:24 AM
As said much better than the faded emblem, but I personally like the little break of color the emblem gives. There are companies that you can send your embel to and they will make anything custom you want, had that done on some show cars, looked factory. I will dig up the info when I get to my main home.

BlackBoi504
05-20-10, 11:44 AM
Yes, pls post the info for customize emblems when u find it..