: Vouge strut brace on ebay

tommy compton
05-18-10, 12:14 PM
Very rare and hands down the best looking brace.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vogue-CTS-strut-tower-bar-2003-2007-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem20b0f046c6QQitemZ14040 7490246QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

Plus you can be just like me.

perfect
05-18-10, 04:04 PM
That would look great if you had a polished maggie*

(* assuming that this brace would clear the maggie to begin with)

ichpen
05-18-10, 04:16 PM
This doesn't look anywhere as stiff as the stock LS2 bar but who knows. Nice looking piece.

CancerJCC
05-18-10, 07:41 PM
Nice looking for sure but how much added hp?

verywhitedevil
05-19-10, 12:11 AM
that is a damn good price, too. I am still getting 10 of these made to clear the maggie, which is the problem with this version of the bar. I am finilizing everything and will become vendor and get the project going. It is stiffer than the stock bars. I mean really, have you taken yours off?? trying to decide if the holes need to be there, purely cosmetic.

tommy, what do you think?? with or without the holes?

tommy compton
05-19-10, 10:24 AM
I would think the holes are cosmetic, they do add a nice touch, but I doubt they lessen the integrity of it. I guess you could offer it both ways?
I personally like the holes in it for the oooooh factor.
People would be suprized how beefy this thing really is, it's definitly not a weight reducing design. It is much more stout that the OEM.

CTS-Voodoo
05-19-10, 01:20 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL at worries over stock rigidity!

Its a nice looking piece, a little blingy, but it would compliment a maggie well and certainly earn compliments at car shows. My problem is the joints at the strut mounting locations really weaken the design on a functional standpoint. Granted, 99 percent of users will never drive their V to the level where they would even notice, but theoretically, these are supposed to be solid welded pieces that eliminate the possibility of body flex.

Of course, Im the guy building a hot rod, not a Cadillac. ;)

tommy compton
05-19-10, 01:30 PM
I do see what you are saying as far as having a "hinge" for mounting the bar to the mount. It's hard to describe but the way the bar rest on the mount when it's bolted into place, there will be no lateral movement or room to flex at the joint. I believe the same principal is used on the BMR strut brace. If the brace reduced the handling in my car I never noticed.

verywhitedevil
05-19-10, 10:48 PM
I will look at it both ways. My goal is to have a nice, functional piece. I know most will say the factory one is sufficient, but that is why I am only making 10 of these. I can tweak the design now. I will more than likely take pre-orders with the buyers deciding on the holes. I will consult with the fabricator on the hinge.

thebigjimsho
05-27-10, 06:14 PM
I think BMR has the best looking for the LS6..