: Selling ESV!

lnstarr
05-18-10, 01:58 AM
Hey everyone!
SO, Me and my husband moved into a different house, in a different town, and the garage is a bit smaller than we anticipated. Our ESV doesn't fit into it. We took the hitch cover off, and the garage just scraped against the the bumper. :mad: The house doesn't have much of a driveway either. We've been looking around, and both me and my husband decided on a Mercedes GL550, which is slightly smaller than the ESV.

BUT, Kelly Blue Book doesn't have the "Platinum Edition" in the selection for trims on an 09 ESV. What should the price be?

So, our car is a Blue Chip Escalade ESV Platinum Edition with 5750 Miles.
The sticker price was 88, but we paid like 83.
With the mileage, and stuff, what do YOU guys think a fair price would be on our car?

itsrixter
05-18-10, 02:11 AM
Hey everyone!
SO, Me and my husband moved into a different house, in a different town, and the garage is a bit smaller than we anticipated. Our ESV doesn't fit into it. We took the hitch cover off, and the garage just scraped against the the bumper. :mad: The house doesn't have much of a driveway either. We've been looking around, and both me and my husband decided on a Mercedes GL550, which is slightly smaller than the ESV.

BUT, Kelly Blue Book doesn't have the "Platinum Edition" in the selection for trims on an 09 ESV. What should the price be?

So, our car is a Blue Chip Escalade ESV Platinum Edition with 5750 Miles.
The sticker price was 88, but we paid like 83.
With the mileage, and stuff, what do YOU guys think a fair price would be on our car?

It's Blue so it isn't worth much. 6K miles is pretty high for an 09. It's likely only worth about $15K since it has a scratch on the rear bumper. I'll help you out and give you $19K and take the risk of any other issues.:lol:
JK Good luck with what sounds like a practically new truck.

07maralade
05-18-10, 03:51 AM
65k ...go to the merc dealership and ask if you can do a trade?

07maralade
05-18-10, 03:52 AM
haha, gl550s cost more than escalade platinums...better off keeping it, just park in the driveway.

Alien
05-18-10, 06:41 AM
See if you can trim out your garage door about a foot or two....(move it out)

hcvone
05-18-10, 07:41 AM
Add Options to this 2009 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum Edition 4dr SUV AWD Trade-In Private
Party Dealer
Retail
$59,949

KBB Trade Prices

Excellent
$61,875

Good
$59,075

Fair
$54,075

Here are two trade in prices, on any car/truck you take the worst beating on price the first year, I would find a way to keep it and make it work, unless you don't mind giving up a bunch of cash.

Ronin
05-18-10, 09:19 AM
More likely than not the M-B dealer will give you auction prices (NOT "book" pricing), so while working off KBB trade-in, Edmunds TMV or NADA pricing will be disappointing enough in and of itself, it's likely nothing compared to the sucker punch in the stomach the dealer is gonna give you. In my own experience, Mercs depreciation is especially exponential (which is how I stole my S55 AMG!) so unless you're going to keep the GL550 until everyone else is flying around in hovercars, you might wanna suck it up, the depreciation on your Platinum could build you a new garage which would fit it quite nicely...

lnstarr
05-18-10, 07:29 PM
Ahh well we live in a Gated Community... If we even tried to get permits to extend the garage, they would laugh at us. As I mentioned before, the driveway is rather small. A foot of the car sticks out, and HOA says we can't park it on the street. That's just the type of crap that we have to get used to I guess. Unless we want to keep getting fines. I am not considering a trade it. It resales at 70k. I'll put it in the paper and stuff, see what happens. If we HAVE to trade it in, the dealer offered 63... B.S!

Fast Eddie
05-18-10, 08:44 PM
It would be a shame to take a step down to the GL. My MB dealer tried to get me into one but it could not hold a candle to the luxury and power the Escalade has (I mean for $70k the POS did not even have LEATHER or HID's LOL). I also couldn't get over the looks. Why not go for a regular Escalade?

Franco3000
05-19-10, 01:55 PM
It would be a shame to take a step down to the GL. My MB dealer tried to get me into one but it could not hold a candle to the luxury and power the Escalade has (I mean for $70k the POS did not even have LEATHER or HID's LOL). I also couldn't get over the looks. Why not go for a regular Escalade?

.".but it could not hold a candle to the luxury and power the Escalade has.. "

Whatever you are smoking I want some....:cookoo: Having driven both, the Escalade ESV and the GL550, the power of the GL550 is insane and as far as interior luxury goes, it kicks the Escalade's a** 10 times over. With that said, I'am still ready to pull the trigger on an ESV (love the looks) as my GL450 is too small for our family of 6

hcvone
05-19-10, 03:03 PM
.".but it could not hold a candle to the luxury and power the Escalade has.. "

Whatever you are smoking I want some....:cookoo: Having driven both, the Escalade ESV and the GL550, the power of the GL550 is insane and as far as interior luxury goes, it kicks the Escalade's a** 10 times over. With that said, I'am still ready to pull the trigger on an ESV (love the looks) as my GL450 is too small for our family of 6

I have standard Escalade's which are lighter and faster than an ESV, having said that I have driven several GL550's when my SL63 is in the shop, and they are not as quick as my Escalade's, but handle better than a stock Escalade, my trucks have aftermarket sway bars and things so I didn't feel that the 92k Benz handled much, if any better than my trucks. The GL550 has 20 less hp and 30 less foot lbs of torque than an ESV, but it does weigh 400 lbs less. All things equal it would be a close 0-60 and 1/4 mile race with these two trucks. The interior is nicer on the Benz, like the Escalade exterior better myself.

07maralade
05-19-10, 07:42 PM
Heres what I think of escalades and gl's. I've driven my buddys GL and i thought it was pretty good.

Exterior: Escalade by a mile! GLs look really ugly.
Interior: GL-class by a mile! Escalades are still very "american" and I didnt think there was that much different than an impala or a tahoe.
Power: coin toss
Handling: GL since it doesnt have a solid axle in the rear.
Offroad: haha, GL by far.

If you like escalades, can you live with a regular (Short wheel base) Escalade Platinum. I'm pretty sure if you went to the dealer, you could probably do a direct trade with a short escalade. It might fit in your garage.

You want something that is wayyyyy cooler than an escalade and GL550....G55 AMG! Those things are rare though, and i dont think they make them anymore for us markets.

Rolex
05-19-10, 10:00 PM
Try Edmunds.com vehicle appraiser. It also includes regional adjustments in the appraisal.