: RS4 performance chip for the 09 escalade

iStompL92
05-17-10, 08:35 PM
Is the RS4 performance chip for the 09 lade any good??

hcvone
05-17-10, 09:08 PM
Isn't that a chip for audi's? These trucks don't used "chips" anymore , there are hand held programmers like Predator or Superchips, or you can have your truck tuned with a computer program like LS1 Edit and that can be dyno tuned for the best performance. Note GM released a statement in late 2008 that if found with a non stock tune your warranty can be voided.

iStompL92
05-17-10, 09:12 PM
No they make them for escalades too. They say it wil add 50 hp and increase the fuel economy by 3-6mpg. I am really looking for the best way to get more performance. I was thinking about installing a K&N air charger intake and a borla muffler. Any other ideas?

hcvone
05-17-10, 09:20 PM
No they make them for escalades too. They say it wil add 50 hp and increase the fuel economy by 3-6mpg. I am really looking for the best way to get more performance. I was thinking about installing a K&N air charger intake and a borla muffler. Any other ideas?

I have had 7 Escalade's and have 3 right now with everything from long tube headers and catback, cold air intakes, computer programming, and you may see 1-2 mpg more on the highway, but nothing more around town. There is no computer programming that will add 50 hp to an Escalade, you may get half that on the dyno. AND THEY DO ALL THIS FOR 69.99, BUT EVEN FUNNER IS THE 89.99 CHIP THAT GIVES YOU 10 MPG MORE. :)

iStompL92
05-17-10, 09:23 PM
That was definitely why I was wondering how in the heck that was all possible for 70 bucks.

krieghoff
05-17-10, 09:24 PM
I had a car hauler that I put in a mileage cam, mileage igition, mileage headers, mileage intake and mileage carb.

When I drove the truck gas should have been running out the gas tank but it wasn't.

If something is said to add 3 to 6 mpg they couldn't make enough of them.

Much like the penis enlarger!!! :tisk:

hcvone
05-18-10, 06:45 AM
Much like the penis enlarger!!! :tisk:

I used that cream for that, now my hand is 3 foot big, go figure. :banghead::crying:

Ronin
05-18-10, 08:08 AM
That was definitely why I was wondering how in the heck that was all possible for 70 bucks.

Ugghhh...if only PT Barnum was still around...

These mileage threads are like a bad penny; they keep turning up... If it's such a concern I don't know why someone would buy an Escalade to begin with. The hybrid Escalade is an option for someone whose really concerned about mileage (particularly in and around town, where the hybrid really shines), but there goes your towing capacity (you lose about 3K pounds of overall towing capacity IIRC), which is the main reason why I bought mine...

You might get about 50 HP out of the motor (N/A) with an intake, long tube headers, catback and custom/CMR (NOT a canned) tune and probably be looking at around $4K for parts and install. You might squeak a little extra MPG if you could keep your foot out of it, which would be unlikely.

Or, for a couple of $K more (around $6K for the kit but add another $1K for install if you can't/won't install it yourself) you can just bolt on a Magnacharger (http://www.magnacharger.com/sc-gmtrucksuv.htm) TVS 1900 intercooled Radix supercharger on a bone stock engine. No catback required (unless you want it) and they do the tune for you. Again, theoretically your MPG could increase, but it would be unlikely with the human factor of putting, and keeping, your foot in it at every possible opportunity...

How about this...want 1,000 HP and over 1,200 ft/lbs of torque out of your Escalade and get 26 MPG? Write a check out for $56K to H-Line Diesel Conversions (http://www.hlineconversion.com/index.php) for a turn key built 6.6 Duramax, billet Allison tranny and Ford 9-inch rear end conversion.

There...that should cover the performance and MPG questions for a while...:histeric: