: New to the forum from Dallas

TheSilverMonkey
05-17-10, 12:38 PM
I've been reading this website for a few months and thought I should go ahead and introduce myself. Thanks for hosting such a great forum that has been a wealth of information for me.

I picked up my V about 2 weeks ago. '05 Silver, no sunroof, stock and in very good condition. I lost my good camera a while back so all I have of it is this picture off my phone. I apologize for the poor quality.

I live in Plano if you see me around town.

-Trent

cvettr/cts-v
05-17-10, 01:25 PM
Welcome, congrats on the sun/moon roof delete (makes your rarer if that matters to ya). Bought my 06 new in 07 from Crest Cadillac in Plaino Texas. They were great to me through out my purchase. I bought plane tickets for a friend and me, flew to dallas they picked me up signed papers and drove 680 miles back to St. Louis the same day. you will find lots of information here. Congrats again and there are lots of members active in your area.

whisler151
05-17-10, 01:41 PM
Welcome. I live in Plano too. Our last V meet was at Cars and Coffee in Plano. We has 19 Vs show up.

What part of Plano are you in?

TheSilverMonkey
05-17-10, 04:00 PM
I live on the south side of Plano, near Plano Senoir High.

I definitely would like to get in on the next V meet. Who organizes these or how do I find out information about it?

Thanks!

mitchntx
05-17-10, 05:00 PM
I'm just west of Ft. Worth.
If you know Motorsports Ranch, I live 15 minutes away.

I've had my 06 about a month now and am headed to Harris Hill the end of June to see how well it does.

2manycars
05-17-10, 07:33 PM
Welcome!!

A V without a sunroof is pretty rare! I am always amazed how many Vs there are in TX... you should have no problem meeting up with fellow enthusiasts.

Brent (that's Trent with a B) :D

whisler151
05-17-10, 07:40 PM
I live on the south side of Plano, near Plano Senoir High.

I definitely would like to get in on the next V meet. Who organizes these or how do I find out information about it?

Thanks!

I've organized them in the past 3 years but have retired after the last one.

Here are a few links...

M5VOcusQ_Qc

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/196563-19-vs-dallas-meet-please-post.html

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/172151-14-vs-dallas-v-meet-please.html

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/113961-dfw-meet-sunday-aug-12-hooters-3.html

TheSilverMonkey
05-17-10, 07:43 PM
Thanks guys for the welcoming. I did not realize that the sunroof delete was rare. I wasn't looking for that, it just happened to be the one that fell into my lap.

I've had my 06 about a month now and am headed to Harris Hill the end of June to see how well it does.

I'd like to someday do something like that, but I will need new tires first. Something tells me that run-flats are not ideal for the track (plus expensive). Let me know what your thoughts on how the car does, I'd be interested to find out.

My cousin that lives in Austin goes to the Driveway to race his STI. I have no personal experience on which track is better, but he likes it and might be worth checking out.

-Trent

rand49er
05-17-10, 08:32 PM
:welcome:

Yeah, there's a crapload of Vs in Texas. The last meet they had, I think they made a record (outside of V-Day I where we had close to 45) for a getogether.

gwendifierce
05-17-10, 08:36 PM
hi there, i'm in rockwall myself. :)

whisler151
05-17-10, 09:09 PM
:welcome:

Yeah, there's a crapload of Vs in Texas. The last meet they had, I think they made a record (outside of V-Day I where we had close to 45) for a getogether.

Heck yeah it was a record! (aside from V Day which doesn't count...lol)

ELES6CTS
05-18-10, 02:55 AM
Welcome to the forum! I live in Richardson so not too far from ya.