: 22 inch Rims

rbu1
05-17-10, 08:25 AM
OK so 2 of my rims have the chrome peeling deal. Not bad but its still happening. I called the dealer I use for service and they told me GM does not replace the rims due to peeling. He told me I was more then welcome to bring the vehicle over and the manager would look at them and decide if they are bad enough to be replaced. I read on here all the time about rims being replaced under warranty for chrome peeling.....Whats the deal???

Ronin
05-17-10, 08:57 AM
OK so 2 of my rims have the chrome peeling deal. Not bad but its still happening. I called the dealer I use for service and they told me GM does not replace the rims due to peeling. He told me I was more then welcome to bring the vehicle over and the manager would look at them and decide if they are bad enough to be replaced. I read on here all the time about rims being replaced under warranty for chrome peeling.....Whats the deal???

That's a load of you-know-what; if you're under warranty, they're covered, period. I got my 18s replaced under warranty because they were oxidizing something awful, and there's plenty of people on here that got their 22s replaced under warranty for the chrome peeling. The only thing I'd be worry about them saying is that it's a one time only deal, meaning don't come back a year from now and try to get them warrantied again. I'd argue they shouldn't be able to do that, but once a dealer says no it's near impossible to make them change their minds and say yes...

rbu1
05-17-10, 09:47 AM
I would like to get some evidence on here that I can bring with me to the dealership. If there is a way I can prove to them that these rims are being replaced under warranty it might give me a better chance of getting it done. I don't understand how something can be done at one location and not at another. If it is indeed something GM will warranty I should have no issues.

hcvone
05-17-10, 10:11 AM
As long as you did not rub the rims against the curb (curb rash) then they should replace them, many car companies have chrome issues because they let the lowest bidder supply the wheels.

rbu1
05-17-10, 01:10 PM
Yeah no rubbing on the curb. The chrome is peeling on the inner side of the rim. Is it documented somewhere about them having to replace it. I just have a feeling this dealer is going to try and give me a hard time.

LeftLane
05-17-10, 08:02 PM
If they don't want to replace them,ask to have a GM rep contact you to let a rep look at them.

trashguy
05-17-10, 11:38 PM
Try another dealer. The chrome strip on my drivers door under the window
had a bubble on it which popped and started peeling. My local
dealer wouldn't replace it blaming acid rain and some other crap.
Stopped in another dealer that I never dealt with before and they
ordered it ,changed it and washed the truck while it was there.

itsrixter
05-18-10, 12:08 AM
As long as you did not rub the rims against the curb (curb rash) then they should replace them, many car companies have chrome issues because they let the lowest bidder supply the wheels.

My rims had curb rash. The section of chrome peel was not in the same area nor was caused by curb rash. The dealer only verified my rims were part of the original delivered vehicle. My truck came from the factory with 18's but the original owner had the 22 inch wheels installed at the time of purchase so they are covered under factory warranty.
This is a consistant theme about one dealer says no and another takes care of it. What incentive or dis-incentive does a dealer have to deny a claim? It should be none...in fact they recoup the labor charges from the factory and the part(s) are $0 cost.

rbu1
05-18-10, 01:01 PM
I will call another dealer and see what they tell me over the phone.