: What is the correct way to remove the the rocker molding?

ctsv154
05-16-10, 10:27 PM
How the hell do you pull the front right rocker molding? I need to pull the fender off and can not figure out how to get the rocker molding off without breaking the damn thing. Anybody want to help me out?

Thanks

darkman
05-16-10, 10:48 PM
See attached.

ctsv154
05-16-10, 10:55 PM
Thanks darkman. Anyway you can post up rocker molding removal and install?

Thanks

darkman
05-17-10, 06:59 AM
Am I getting warmer?

ctsv154
05-17-10, 07:17 AM
lol almost. In the first PDF you linked, it had removal of the fender. To remover the fender you must remove the plastic rocker molding that runs under the doors and under the fender because there are two bolts that hold the fender on under the rocker molding.

Here are the first 5 steps in the first PDF. I need nubmer 5 please.

1. Apply tape to corners of panel and adjacent surfaces to help prevent paint damage.
2. Remove the headlamp. Refer toHeadlamp Assembly or Headlamp Bulb and/or Cornering, Sidemarker, Park, Turn Signal Bulb Replacement in
Lighting Systems.
3. Remove the hood. Refer toHood Replacement (See: Doors, Hood and Trunk\Hood\Service and Repair) .
4. Remove the front wheelhouse liner. Refer toWheelhouse Liner Replacement - Front (See: Front Fender Liner\Service and Repair) .
5. Remove the rocker panel molding. Refer to Molding Replacement - Rocker Panel () in Exterior Trim.

darkman
05-17-10, 07:44 AM
Try this.

ctsv154
05-17-10, 08:34 AM
Thats it! Third times a charm! Thanks D man!