: New Florida V owner saying Hello

Stratman
05-16-10, 08:10 PM
Hello all. I picked up my 06 a few weeks ago and I'm loving it. I have had a couple posts but figured I should introduce and post some pics of the ride. Look forward to being on the site and exploring your posts. You guys have already been a wealth of knowledge and ideas. Lots of expensive ideas.

PISNUOFF
05-16-10, 09:56 PM
Welcome.

BTW - I had an incident with after installing my new axles yesterday, almost wasn't able to come down this weekend. I'm looking forward to meeting up with you.

Stratman
05-16-10, 10:08 PM
Ooh. Can't wait to hear about that.

yagenrok636
05-17-10, 11:02 AM
whats up man. I live in Tallahassee, there are one or two other V's here in town. Where are you at in FL?

Stratman
05-17-10, 11:12 AM
I'm down in Tampa. Same thing here. Couple of three I have seen around town but that is it. I go up to Tally occasionally for football games. I'll try and catch up with ya. Just about my favorite town to party in.

rand49er
05-17-10, 02:41 PM
:welcome:

Tampa, you say? They still have that WWII submarine tied up at a dock for touring down there? THAT was cool.

jaskel
05-17-10, 04:24 PM
Tampa huh, may have to get set up a meet and greet, where in tampa, big area. I am out in riverview, but work at macdill, so i am out and about often

TampaCTS-V
05-17-10, 04:49 PM
Tampa/Riverview here also!

heavymetals
05-17-10, 04:55 PM
Welcome!

Nothing is cheap when it comes to a V.

(except the thrills)

2manycars
05-17-10, 07:37 PM
Welcome!!

Looking forward to having you contribute to the forum!!

Congratulations on getting a V!!

Stratman
05-17-10, 09:46 PM
I'm North Tampa and I work down by the stadium. I get around all over though. I have a good buddy with a SRT8 Charger out in Riverview. I'd love to meet up sometime. I think Brian (Pisnuoff) and I are going to try and get together sometime this weekend.

Off topic; I just watched Love The Beast which is a documentary Eric Bana (Troy,Munich, Blackhawk Down) made about his 1977 Ford Falcon he has had since he was 15. He started racing it in the mid 90s and the movie is mainly about he and his friends growing up with the car and this big race he did a few years ago with it. Great car movie.

Natedog
05-18-10, 05:28 PM
Congrats on the new ride! looks to be in great shape... are you sure its not an 07? I thought they only put the small GM logo at the bottom of the front fenders on the 07's

Stratman
05-19-10, 09:08 AM
Thanks Natedog. Unless all my paper work is wrong, it is an 06.

jaskel
05-19-10, 09:43 AM
A group of f-body fellas and I get together every thursday night out in Riverview, just an informal meet and greet type thing and then we are working with a local performance shop to set up something more regularly.

Stratman
05-20-10, 08:26 AM
I'm a big Camaro guy so that would be fun. I just started a bowling league on Thursdays but maybe when it is done I can come by.

AngryHog
05-26-10, 11:13 PM
Congrats on the new ride! looks to be in great shape... are you sure its not an 07? I thought they only put the small GM logo at the bottom of the front fenders on the 07's

They're on my 06 also. Welcome to the club. I'm up in Jacksonville. Might be up for a road trip sometime. Will let you guys know.

-AngryHog