: 2 movies at same time?????

bg1811
05-16-10, 05:22 PM
I have a 2007 ESV with two screens. Going to be transporting two grandsons. Can you watch two different movies at the same time? I've read the owner's manual but I can't find the answer. If you can, what screen do you use to set this up? I found the screen that show the two screens input, but, it doesn't seem to do anything. HELP PLEASE.

steve841
05-16-10, 06:09 PM
Unless you are referring to the headrest DVD players vs. the factory overhead rear entertainment center, I don't think thats possible.

bg1811
05-17-10, 07:24 AM
I have the overhead factory screens

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-17-10, 05:00 PM
All of the information you should be looking for should be page 302 in your owners manual. The information is as follows:
Audio/Video (A/V) Jacks
The A/V jacks are located on the rear of the
floor console. The A/V jacks allow audio or
video signals to be connected from an auxiliary
device such as a camcorder or a video game
unit to the RSE system. Adapter connectors
or cables may be required to connect the
auxiliary device to the A/V jacks. Refer to the
manufacturer’s instructions for proper usage.
The A/V jacks are color coded to match typical
home entertainment system equipment. The
yellow jack is for the video input. The white jack
is for the left audio input. The red jack is for
the right audio input.
Power for auxiliary devices is not supplied by
the radio system.
To use the auxiliary inputs of the RSE system,
connect an external auxiliary device to the
color-coded A/V jacks and turn both the auxiliary
device and the video screen power on. If the video
screen is in the DVD player mode, pressing the
AUX button on the remote control will switch the
video screen from the DVD player mode to the
auxiliary device. The radio can listen to the audio
of the connected auxiliary device by sourcing to
auxiliary. See Radio with CD and DVD on page 268
for more information.

I hope this info helps you.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

itsrixter
05-18-10, 01:01 AM
In plain english the answer is yes.

Each screen selects the input (either disc or AUX). So you play a movie from the in dash unit. The other movie needs to come from the AUX plug which is on the rear of the center console. I plug my iPod into and play another movie (you can hook an xbox or whatever). Then select what screen 1 will view and what screen 2 will see. The headphones are dual channel so whoever is sitting in the third row should switch the headphone to channel 2.

My typical set up is a movie on one screen for the young one and the xbox on the other screen for the older kid.

evois
05-18-10, 02:14 AM
can I add the second DVD on my escalade hybrid? from the service manual it says, connect to a splitter.

itsrixter
05-19-10, 02:41 AM
can I add the second DVD on my escalade hybrid? from the service manual it says, connect to a splitter.

Why? Your Hybrid only has one screen. ESV's are the only ones with factory dual.

evois
05-19-10, 03:42 PM
Why? Your Hybrid only has one screen. ESV's are the only ones with factory dual.

I want to add a dual for the 3rd row passenger. from the service manual, it looks like it is connected to the front(2nd row) dvd only be a splitter.

itsrixter
05-20-10, 01:18 AM
I want to add a dual for the 3rd row passenger. from the service manual, it looks like it is connected to the front(2nd row) dvd only be a splitter.

I don't know how the wiring is done but two video signals need to get to the rear. Then you'll have to have the head unit recoded from a tech 2 tool so it shows two screens to control in the AUX mode.