: Stash a cell phone in a V1

mitchntx
05-16-10, 10:53 AM
I'm having a helluva time finding a decent place to stow my cell while in flight without it floating around.

What do other do with cell phones?

Gus_Mahn
05-16-10, 10:55 AM
In the cup-holder.

jrosevear
05-16-10, 11:27 AM
In the cup-holder.

Yup, this. An iPhone in an Otterbox fits into the cupholder perfectly and doesn't rattle.

KaMaSuTrA
05-16-10, 12:12 PM
In the cup-holder.

:werd:

Oh5V
05-16-10, 12:18 PM
my pocket, now that i have bluetooth lol

MVP
05-16-10, 12:43 PM
cup holder

mitchntx
05-16-10, 01:10 PM
Meh ... not happy with using the cupholder. Rattles, space for a passenger ...

I've had it sitting in the boot, next to the shifter but can see long term that might cause other problems.

I was looking at the ash tray and was considering modification to make it deeper.
Not necessarily wanting to close it with the phone inside, just a slot for it to sit.

bneal1022
05-16-10, 01:13 PM
cell phone...? never head of such a devise ever

CancerJCC
05-16-10, 07:36 PM
http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q365/CancerJCC/001-4.jpg

Charges and links to my ipod adapter.

ELES6CTS
05-16-10, 08:22 PM
My BB either sits in the cupholder or the driver side door panel.

c4ss
05-16-10, 08:42 PM
If it's not in my pocket, I put mine in the upper part of the CTS armrest. If you don't have the CTS armrest, get it....you won't regret it.

dowlatij
05-16-10, 08:57 PM
If you have an iphone and some creativity you can fit in the steering wheel! :)

Jon
05-16-10, 09:00 PM
Mine sits in the cup holder... And not that it does any good cause no one can ever hear me cause the B&B is so loud :histeric:

talonstylz
05-16-10, 10:12 PM
I leave mine under my crotch, doesn't move around, and when someones calling and you cant hear it over the music/subs. You feel it and grab it pretty quick... Unless you like that sorta thing, i'm sure you can just let it vibrate all day long.

WesH8398
05-16-10, 10:53 PM
If it's not in my pocket, I put mine in the upper part of the CTS armrest. If you don't have the CTS armrest, get it....you won't regret it.

Any suggestions where to find one? I've called the local scrap yards and none have any CTS's. Checked Ebay and it seems those sellers only want to sell the entire console (for too much money)....

mitchntx
05-17-10, 09:34 AM
Any suggestions where to find one? I've called the local scrap yards and none have any CTS's. Checked Ebay and it seems those sellers only want to sell the entire console (for too much money)....

And GM PD says N/A ...

jrosevear
05-17-10, 09:40 AM
I queried GMpartsdirect.com about a (black) CTS armrest the other day. They said the part number is 25771478 and it's available via special order for roughly $200. Cheaper to buy one of those CTS consoles off eBay.

Vroom-Vroom!
05-17-10, 03:11 PM
I leave mine under my crotch, doesn't move around, and when someones calling and you cant hear it over the music/subs. You feel it and grab it pretty quick... Unless you like that sorta thing, i'm sure you can just let it vibrate all day long.

lmao thats where i used to keep it until i got my android, which has a very weak vibrate and i don't notice. so now it's in the cupholder.

wow looks like this is a big issue.

CancerJCC
05-17-10, 05:28 PM
lmao thats where i used to keep it until i got my android, which has a very weak vibrate and i don't notice. so now it's in the cupholder.

wow looks like this is a big issue.

Lol just make sure it is UNDER your cock shelf and not on it. I have jumped out to many times and had my phone smash off the ground!

MAPerformance
05-17-10, 07:02 PM
I put mine in between my seatbelt and my belly. I like it.

talonstylz
05-18-10, 12:23 AM
Lol just make sure it is UNDER your cock shelf and not on it. I have jumped out to many times and had my phone smash off the ground!

Agreed, my iphone's taking a beating.

ahahnu
05-18-10, 08:11 AM
[QUOTE] Rattles, space for a passenger ...[QUOTE]
Yea, it'll rattle when going through s turns.... And passangers get the space they are sitting in and the foot well area. They are lucky enough to be in MY car, which is a privilege enough as it is.

shadybx7
05-18-10, 09:54 AM
+1 cts armrest off of ebay.. best 30 bucks i spent on this car

verywhitedevil
05-18-10, 10:30 AM
+1 on the CTS armrest.
One note on the purchasing the entire console....you may need it. When I went to do the CTS armrest install, the bolts on the one in the V were cross threaded. It broke two torx bits on my 1/2" drive before deciding that it was not coming out. So, luckily, I had purchased one with the entire console and swapped the entire thing out. two upfront nuts were the hardest to remove and install on the console. What should have been a quick, remove/install two bolts, ended up taking a couple of hours. I purchased the entire onsole for 75.00, which is way cheaper than a new CTS armrest. Any hoo, you may or may not need the entire console, so if you see an armrest with console, don't overlook it just because of that.

mitchntx
05-18-10, 09:11 PM
Will the arm rest from an 03 work just as well?

mitchntx
05-19-10, 10:30 PM
Instead of plunking down $100 for an arm rest, I decided to give a small, $9, stick-on, spring loaded phone holder thing.

Thanks CancerJCC for the inspiration. We'll see how it holds up.

CancerJCC
05-19-10, 11:01 PM
Instead of plunking down $100 for an arm rest, I decided to give a small, $9, stick-on, spring loaded phone holder thing.

No problem. :highfive: For $9 if it works you will be way ahead of me...the proclip with mount plate came to $100. :hide:

I originally bought it so I could utilize my app "Trapster". However I can't get the alerts to play through the speakers without losing my tunes. :mad:

c4ss
05-19-10, 11:20 PM
If you can't find a CTS armrest on ebay, call Luke at Lindsay...I'm sure he can get his hands on one for you .

I originally bought it so I could utilize my app "Trapster". However I can't get the alerts to play through the speakers without losing my tunes. :mad:

GREAT APP. I have this on my Droid and love it. Great to have open along with a Valentine....only thing is that app drains my battery like nothin else :annoyed:

CancerJCC
05-19-10, 11:57 PM
GREAT APP. I have this on my Droid and love it. Great to have open along with a Valentine....only thing is that app drains my battery like nothin else :annoyed:

EXACTLY the setup I run. But ya I can have mine on the charger and it still continues to drain! (iphone). Plus my problem above with not enough volume on the audio to alert me.

JD03Cobra
05-20-10, 04:22 PM

This doesn't sound right but I do the same thing...

c4ss
05-22-10, 06:21 PM
EXACTLY the setup I run. But ya I can have mine on the charger and it still continues to drain! (iphone). Plus my problem above with not enough volume on the audio to alert me.

WOW....can't believe it STILL drains when charging in the car. I guess that is the sign of a battery draining app. I usually just use it in moderation and don't let it run in the backround. Just scope it out every 30 miles or so if on a long trip...because you can see pretty far if you zoom out. Just think how accurate that app would be if everyone used it and reported where they saw cops and common traps in areas :drool:

mitchntx
05-22-10, 10:33 PM

It didn't stick.

maxspeed96ct
05-23-10, 05:52 PM

Sounds like a good spot !

c4ss
05-23-10, 07:45 PM
I like it. And if it's set to vibrate, I can often feel the vibration through the armrest while my arm is sitting there. It also won't go flying in the case of an accident either.

CancerJCC
05-24-10, 05:34 AM
WOW....can't believe it STILL drains when charging in the car. I guess that is the sign of a battery draining app. I usually just use it in moderation and don't let it run in the backround. Just scope it out every 30 miles or so if on a long trip...because you can see pretty far if you zoom out. Just think how accurate that app would be if everyone used it and reported where they saw cops and common traps in areas :drool:

Ya it is a nasty battery drainer. I used mine on the way to Juno beach all down I75 and rarely had a trap that wasn't posted. The problem was I almost always had the V1 tell me and THEN see it on trapster :( Like I said I need it to mute my speakers and tell me LOUDER!

It didn't stick.

That sucks but you aren't out much now drop the coin for the proclip!

mitchntx
05-28-10, 05:54 PM
I finally found a CTS console that wasn't stupidly priced. Got it to my door for $76.

Swapping the lids took all of 10 minutes. And the the bolts holding the the lid to the console is actually a size 40 Torx.

I'll charge my phone using the plug on the back side of the console.

The el cheapo phone holder that didn't work ... maybe I'll epoxy it in arm rest cavity.